***OFFICIAL JETS VS TEXANS GAME THREAD****

T0mShane

7 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Relax… and no it’s not obvious. They dialed up 3 passes in a row from the 10 yard line. Threw a long developing play on third down right before the 3 runs. Zach played poorly but your narrative ignores that 3 run plays and a field goal kills 3 time outs and forces the offense to play for the TD to tie. 

You the guy taking a victory lap during a win because the QB had a bad day?

No victory lap here.  I hate that we have a sh*t QB once again.

If Wilson had a good day under his belt in his career to date I wouldn't feel so bad.  All he's basically done is have bad days since entering the leagues.  The sample size is growing.  He can't complete short throws.  He sucks.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 2

Just now, sciond said:

Well yeah it's a win

just like every year they win just enough not to have great draft position.

What is the benefit of tanking? We had the second overall pick last year.  This year we will probably end up with two top 20 picks it at worst top pick picks and two second rounders 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

But I was told not playing for 4 games would be the best thing for him.  And some in this thread are saying he should have sat any longer.

It would be one thing to call a QB who has actually produced positive results before "rusty".  But when you've been pretty much straight up suck for most of your time in the league thus far, I have a very hard time buying the "rust" excuse.  Maybe this is just what he is?  We don't yet have any evidence to the contrary to suggest he's anything more than this.

it’s too early to tell whether or not he has it. He played well in the stretch and he finally got some run support. That’s a rookie QB’s best friend 

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Name the times the Jets have looked good in any of their losses this year.  

There's a reason why, even with 3 wins under our belt, the Jets are still currently last in the league in point differential.  We suck, and nothing that happened today proved anything positive, except to say we are likely better than the Houston Texans.  That's it.  We're # 31.  # 30 at best.

Lighten up. A W’s a W.

Up and down game from Zach.  From someone who played QB on a torn meniscus, it’s painfully obvious he doesn’t fully trust that knee yet.  Still made some questionable decisions though that he’s going to have to clean up because they can’t be excused.  Much better 2nd half up until he tweaked the knee again.  Glad to see him battle through adversity.

Defense rebounded and played well after it looked like it was going to get ugly in the beginning of the game.  JFM, the Williams brothers, and Mosley stood out.  Loved the big balls blitz call on 4th and 2 to, essentially, win the game.  Saleh and Ulbrich called a good one.

MLF had a good day as well, the offense just didn’t execute to best of their abilities.  There were some opportunities there to make this one a blowout.

OL mauled the Texans DL.  They have played exceptionally well for a few games now.  

Idk who Austin Walter is, but that kid has some BURST.

Elijah Moore is a weapon.  Have to keep feeding him.

Special Teams was a disaster.  Bring back Moorestead and cut Ammendola tomorrow.

Last but not least, here’s the weekly reminder that we need a TE.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

It’s important to win. There is no benefit to losing. There are still 6 games to go this season. Let’s see progress by our young players.

10 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

What is the benefit of tanking? We had the second overall pick last year.  This year we will probably end up with two top 20 picks it at worst top pick picks and two second rounders 

Of course there's a benefit to losing/tanking.  I can name several of those benefits we missed out on over the years.  Nick Bosa.  Laremy Tunsil.  Ryan Kelly.  Amari Cooper.  Devin McCourty.  Matt Ryan.  Andre Johnson.  And most or all of those names were players we were reportedly interested in.  

Name me the benefits of winning meaningless late season games.  I'll hang up and wait.

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, More Cowbell said:

Zach bounced back? They wouldn't  let him throw on the final two drives

I guess that 4th down play doesn’t count?
 The coach made the right call running the ball, forcing the Texans to use all their time outs, then going up by 7. The Texan offence was putrid in the 2nd half thanks to our defence…He gave the defence the chance to win the game and they did.

good job by Saleh

give him that.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Never said we should tank....

however the better the position if we draft well...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Of course not but I’m not exactly celebrating other. I can’t get excited about beating one of the only teams worse than us when the season is already over. 

Nobody is setting off fireworks but still as a fan usually when a team wins you have done happiness no?  Otherwise what the point of watching/rooting for them

8 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look if you look at the records of good teams they win bad games. Teams with bad records lose these kinds of games. So I'll take it a step in the right direction. And many players on this team today played well. 

Doesn't make me feel any better about it.  W-L is irrelevant this year anyways.  It's ALL about how we look, and we still look terrible.  If we were a contender, we'd be fine with a "bad win" from time to time. 

I'd feel the same about today's game if we lost as I do right now.  

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Name the times the Jets have looked good in any of their losses this year.  

There's a reason why, even with 3 wins under our belt, the Jets are still currently last in the league in point differential.  We suck, and nothing that happened today proved anything positive, except to say we are likely better than the Houston Texans.  That's it.  We're # 31.  # 30 at best.

They were in the game against the Falcons and the Dolphins, but in reality it doesn't matter; we beat the Titans and people were like we should have lost we got lucky - and when close this board said over and over - it is this W.

You guys love to be unhappy. All year long we knew this team wouldn't be any good and after every loss, it is fire JD, fire Saleh; Mike White is great - Mike White sucks. A win is a win - Whatever - enjoy your misery... 

• Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Soak up the W lol. This win means nothing. 

I would agree if we had either a lame duck or veteran HC, but with a first year coach, I think wins like this can be valuable. We'll see how Saleh has the team playing as we roll through December. 

• Upvote 2