***OFFICIAL JETS VS TEXANS GAME THREAD****

T0mShane

Just now, Uncle Nicco said:

yet in his last 3 games hes 2-1 (and would have beaten ATL if the defense can make a stop after he brought the team back to within 3 with 7mins to go). 

Nicco you need to come back to reality ...We won today because our Defense played Good the Texan Offense played terrible and our Running game finally showed up. That's it. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There was nothing to learn from Josh Allen, except perhaps to say that having a superior athlete at QB is a worthwhile gamble.  Otherwise there was no precedent to suggest a career turnaround like Allen's would ever happen. 

Zach Wilson is not a superior athlete.  And he can't complete even the shortest of throws, 7 starts in.  Not good.  Hoping/expecting for more Josh Allen's to come around is not a worthwhile use of emotional investment.

All I can say is that I highly disagree.  Allen being a superior athlete helped him his rookie year.  It didn’t help him become an exceptional passer who can carve up any secondary.  The Josh Allen from Wyoming and the Josh Allen that currently plays in Buffalo are two totally different players.  Time will tell if Zach puts it together like Josh did.

• Upvote 1

I don't love to be unhappy.  I'd like my team to not suck.  We still suck.  We just happen to suck less than the Houston Texans, and that's the ONLY team we suck less than, apparently.  

Yeah - sorry to tell you - it doesn't mean we suck less then them - just this week we did more to win (or less to loose). Me, I want them to loose all of the games for draft position, but cheer the crap out of them to beat anyone (even sh*tty teams). I had predicted 3-4 wins this season; I would expect to be right.

But, if LaFluer throws too often fans say try something different; if we hand off 2 times and throws on 3-8 fans say try something different; when he tries something different; mixes it up and scores a TD, fans say the Jets don't trust the QB to throw.

I just get cranky with all of the hate; they don't trust Zack - he sucks, JD sucks, Saleh sucks - the hope is that Zack improves for the rest of the season and hopefully his bad play doesn't hold back Moore.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Green hat said:

Huh? He did run for a TD and made a few nice passes. Mostly ugly but you can't say he wasn't involved in the win. 

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Josh Johnson did that in mop up duty after being down like 42-10. Not the best example. 

I think you are going a bit too far here. 

Wilson made some good plays in the second half (nice run on the goal line, a couple of nice throws to Moore) and the Jets scored back to back touchdowns and should have scored on at least three straight drives if the kicker could make a 42 yard kick

OK.  So if you 2 were putting it down to percentages, on what % of plays did Wilson contribute to the win, and on what % of the plays would you say he either had no impact OR a negative impact (I.E. contributed to the team nearly losing this one)?

I'd say 90- 95 % he had either no impact OR a negative impact.  5-10 % positive.  How about you?

55 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

For real.  QB's shouldn't be this dumb, slow at processing and have mechanics this bad when they enter the league.  The NFL is not the place to fix these faults. 

There's only one Josh Allen, after all.  @slats

It was his first game back from an injury it looked like he aggravated, and he won. Some ugly plays without a doubt, but I’ll take it for this week. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

OK.  So if you were putting it down to percentages, on what % of plays did Wilson contribute to the win, and on what % of the plays would you say he either had no impact OR a negative impact (I.E. contributed to the team nearly losing this one)?
I'd say 90- 95 % he had either no impact OR a negative impact.  5-10 % positive.  How about you?
Riiiight.c476aee1b4af3d4a4a5b60b44a161769.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh

Yes.  Since you are adamant about pointing out facts, can you tell me if the Jets ever lost the lead after that score?  It was an 11 play drive that he played well on and capped off with a rushing TD.  Would have been a nice passing TD if we had a competent TE.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

11 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

How do you explain the Titans and Bengals wins?

Well if you ask Zach fanboys here, the Bengals win doesn't mean a whole lot because Mike White was under center.

Even bad teams win games from time to time.  It's really hard to go 0-16 (or 0-17 in this season's case).  Due to the salary cap and teams not playing much defense anymore, lots of games come down to turnovers or one team making just one or 2 more plays than the other.  The Bengals and Titans wins were nice, but they're looking a lot more like anomalies at this point. 

It's why I harp so much on point differential.  The Jets are still # 31 in the league in this category (-128, Texans fell to # 32 at -135), even with 3 wins under our belt.  That's a really bad team right there.

Just now, Mogglez said:

Yes.  Since you are adamant on pointing out facts, can you tell me if the Jets ever lost the lead after that score?  It was an 11 play drive that he played well on and capped off with a rushing TD.  Would have been a nice passing TD if we a competent TE.

That was the one where Griffin had it bounce off his hands in the end zone when zach evaded the rush right?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, slats said:

It was his first game back from an injury it looked like he aggravated, and he won. Some ugly plays without a doubt, but I’ll take it for this week. 

Agreed.  Definitely showed rust.  Obviously kid has a lot to learn but I liked the toughness he showed in the second half and we got the W.  Looking forward to his progress the rest of the way!

10 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

7th start of a rookie QB and you are ready to just completely move on. Whatever. LaFleur once again called the game to put Zach in a position to fail. No creativity, run on 1st and 2nd down like 80% of the time. Zach was bad but in their attempts to protect Zach they are not giving him a chance to succeed either.

Yes, I'm ready to move on, because he's sucked thru 7 starts and there appears to be little hope he'll be a real QB in this league.  Short ball inaccuracy, poor decision making and slow processing, no ability to make pre-snap reads, etc....you don't "fix" those at the NFL level.

And you can't even blame the OC/supporting cast for Wilson this time around.  The offense was humming with 3 other, terrible QB's under center.  The same way the offense looked competent with Flacco under center last year and horrible with Darnold under center.  Wilson looks an awful lot like Darnold out there.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, heymangold said:

That strategy doesn’t seem to be working anymore.  Would rather just get some W’s in hopes to make this team more appealing to FAs.  Plus, they’ll end up with another high draft pick that could just disappoint and have people blame JD and the owners for more things.  I’d rather just win.

What strategy?  We've never properly tanked as a franchise.  Even in 2020, we had the # 1 pick in sights and won 2 meaningless games to fall to # 2.

Granted, Trevor Lawrence doesn't exactly look good either, but I at least have SOME hope he'll be a real QB in this league.  Not so much with Wilson.

Not that it's a high bar to clear, but Wilson I think still has more talent than Darnold did. The accuracy has been really bad though. If Berrios doesnt make that shoestring catch and run for another 40 yards or so the stat line is scary bad. Let him play out the year and make a decision at seasons end. There will be several decisions to make anyways.

11 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Can’t even give any credit for a pretty nice play from him?

I'm tired of crediting QB's for a handful (or less) of nice plays when they play like dogsh*t the rest of the time.  

If Wilson could put together a solid game of football out there I'd be far more willing to give him credit and assign him less blame than I do.

• Upvote 2

What strategy?  We've never properly tanked as a franchise.  Even in 2020, we had the # 1 pick in sights and won 2 meaningless games to fall to # 2.
Granted, Trevor Lawrence doesn't exactly look good either, but I at least have SOME hope he'll be a real QB in this league.  Not so much with Wilson.

For almost as long as I’ve been a member on this board, right around this time every season, it’s “let’s just lose for draft position”. It hasn’t worked and it won’t ever work.
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

Not that it's a high bar to clear, but Wilson I think still has more talent than Darnold did. The accuracy has been really bad though. If Berrios doesnt make that shoestring catch and run for another 40 yards or so the stat line is scary bad.

That bothers me as much as anything.  He's been abysmal at short passes.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

All I can say is that I highly disagree.  Allen being a superior athlete helped him his rookie year.  It didn’t help him become an exceptional passer who can carve up any secondary.  The Josh Allen from Wyoming and the Josh Allen that currently plays in Buffalo are two totally different players.  Time will tell if Zach puts it together like Josh did.

I agree that Allen made an historically unprecedented turnaround.  His accuracy definitely improved from dramatically Wyoming and his first 2 years in Buffalo into his 3rd year in the league.  It's something we've never seen in this league before.  Hence why I suggest we shouldn't reference it every time we hope a bad young QB becomes a good one. 

Feel free to reference it to dunk on me though.  THAT I'm fine with, lol.

• Sympathy 1

I'm tired of crediting QB's for a handful (or less) of nice plays when they play like dogsh*t the rest of the time.  

I can’t even argue with it anymore. You, like most jets fans, just love being angry at it all. Can’t even be happy that our rookie qb, coming off a knee injury and missing 4 weeks, makes a good play. Can’t be happy with a W cause of wanting better draft position - only to probably give the GM sh!t for the pick right about this time next year. It’s insufferable.
  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, I'm ready to move on, because he's sucked thru 7 starts and there appears to be little hope he'll be a real QB in this league.  Short ball inaccuracy, poor decision making and slow processing, no ability to make pre-snap reads, etc....you don't "fix" those at the NFL level.

And you can't even blame the OC/supporting cast for Wilson this time around.  The offense was humming with 3 other, terrible QB's under center.  The same way the offense looked competent with Flacco under center last year and horrible with Darnold under center.  Wilson looks an awful lot like Darnold out there.  

No he doesn’t. Look at his feet. Sam has happy feet. Zach doesn’t.

The game is still too fast for him… but not all the time. 
He’s a rookie, in case you forgot!

I agree that Allen made an historically unprecedented turnaround.  His accuracy definitely improved from dramatically Wyoming and his first 2 years in Buffalo into his 3rd year in the league.  It's something we've never seen in this league before.  Hence why I suggest we shouldn't reference it every time we hope a bad young QB becomes a good one. 

Feel free to reference it to dunk on me though.  THAT I'm fine with, lol.

Lol I’m not dunking, don’t worry.  I’m just preaching patience because I’ve learned that this league is as unpredictable as they come.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Yes.  Since you are adamant about pointing out facts, can you tell me if the Jets ever lost the lead after that score?  It was an 11 play drive that he played well on and capped off with a rushing TD.  Would have been a nice passing TD if we a competent TE.

I can play that game too.  Would have been a double digit loss if we played even a remotely competent opponent.

19 points of offense barely got it done against Houston.  I'm not gonna be excited about that.  

Zach Wilson hasn't shown me anything in this rookie season, I can't even point to a single pass that he's thrown all year that made me think that he has a chance to be anything better than what Sam Darnold has become, except even Darnold could stand back in the pocket and haul off a bomb here and there. I've seen 3 other Jets QB's out play Wilson, and looking at the 2022 draft class there isn't a single QB listed in the top 15 picks. I'm telling you Joe Flacco should be the Jets QB in 2022, let Wilson sit and watch and hopefully LEARN. If not Flacco then Josh Johnson plays with more heart

• Upvote 1