Tankathon Week 11 Edition

Jags (2-8) vs Falcons (4-6)

Jags winning for so many reasons benefit the Jets. Of course the Jets will sneak in a win sometime this season therefore our margain for error in closing out with the highest pick increases with a Jag win. Meanwhile a Falcons win would keep them afloat the Seahawks in the draft standings. 

Seahawks (4-7) @ Washington (4-6)

W Football Team are coming of a two game winning streak vs Brady and Newton. They have a great opportunity at home to do us a favor and lock down the Hawks for us.

Giants (3-7)  @ Eagles (5-6)

Both team play another once more down the season. Giants win benefits providing the Jets some wiggle room, while the Eagles will provide a cushion over the Hawks. Eagles are a team with the ammo to trade up for a QB if need or a bluechip player. Something to keep an eye on months from now.

Dolphins (4-7) vs Panthers (5-6)

Dolphins don't own their pick as it goes to the Eagles. So therefore they can do us a favor and move them further away from atop the draft standings. In the process hand the Panthers a L. Jets own their 2nd rounder through the Sam Darnold trade. Can't believe I want a division rival to win. Panther currently are giving us the 43rd overall pick or the 11th pick in the 2nd round.

Bears (4-7) vs Arizona (9-2)

The Bears selection goes to the Giants who currently have two top 10 selections as well as the Jets and Eagles. As mention for the other teams, a Bears win can provide more cushion pertaining to either our own or the Seahawks selection.

• Upvote 1

4. Jets (via Seahawks)

5. Jets

6. Giant (via Bears)

7. Giants 

8. Eagles

9. Eagles (via Dolphins)

When you're on the clock and you failed to make a selection, the following slot or team is then due up. But you have a chance at any time to call in and select "said" player.

I was wondering if the following team can make their 10 minutes run out, however announce their selection during their 2nd of back to back selection? Therefore of course granting themselves more time either to go through things and select a propect or work out a trade.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

4. Jets (via Seahawks)

5. Jets

6. Giant (via Bears)

7. Giants 

8. Eagles

9. Eagles (via Dolphins)

When you're on the clock and you failed to make a selection, the following slot or team is then due up. But you have a chance at any time to call in and select "said" player.

I was wondering if the following team can make their 10 minutes run out, however announce their selection during their 2nd of back to back selection? Therefore of course granting themselves more time either to go through things and select a propect or work out a trade.

Interesting question - Nah picks are announced when they are announced. The Draft is a reality show. 

Also, the whole beauty of having two picks in the top 5 is to add two "blue chip prospects" to your roster. Trading out is incorrect. 

7 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Interesting question - Nah picks are announced when they are announced. The Draft is a reality show. 

Also, the whole beauty of having two picks in the top 5 is to add two "blue chip prospects" to your roster. Trading out is incorrect. 

Depends on how many blue chips are on your board.  If there are 7 or 8 and you can move down from 4 to one of those spots then you consider it.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Depends on how many blue chips are on your board.  If there are 7 or 8 and you can move down from 4 to one of those spots then you consider it.

Fair. 

But I just want my choice of guys at the top of the draft. It does depend to some degree. You are right. 

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Fair. 

But I just want my choice of guys at the top of the draft. It does depend to some degree. You are right. 

Yeah, that's why I was asking the question.  Part of me feels like you can still get Linderbaum at 12 so that's as far as I'd go.  But in reality, dude could go sooner.

Put it this way...it should make for some very interesting conversation this offseason.  so many options if they end up with two picks in the top 5 or 10.

7 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Yeah, that's why I was asking the question.  Part of me feels like you can still get Linderbaum at 12 so that's as far as I'd go.  But in reality, dude could go sooner.

Put it this way...it should make for some very interesting conversation this offseason.  so many options if they end up with two picks in the top 5 or 10.

Is Linderbaum a priority with McGovern playing so well? He's 28 and very affordable. Would drafting another tackle instead be crazy? 

I'm all about edge, first and foremost. After that, you could talk me into a lot of things with the other pick.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Is Linderbaum a priority with McGovern playing so well? He's 28 and very affordable. Would drafting another tackle instead be crazy? 

I'm all about edge, first and foremost. After that, you could talk me into a lot of things with the other pick.

I think you take Linderbaum and slide McGovern over to RG and grab a RT outside of rd. 1 and your line can be elite.  But would I be upset if they went edge, CB in rd 1?  Nope.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I think you take Linderbaum and slide McGovern over to RG and grab a RT outside of rd. 1 and your line can be elite.  But would I be upset if they went edge, CB in rd 1?  Nope.

Yea, I also definitely wouldn't be upset with Linderbaum. Nothing wrong with stockpiling elite OL talent and this offensive staff wants to be able to run the ball. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

This happened with the Vikings back in 2003. Time expired and the next team was up. The next 4 teams had their pick in collectively within 4 minutes. But you're totally right with it being a reality show. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Yea, I also definitely wouldn't be upset with Linderbaum. Nothing wrong with stockpiling elite OL talent and this offensive staff wants to be able to run the ball. 

Linderbaum isn’t an elite OL talent. Nice player, but a bit undersized.

If the Jets somehow end up with two top 5 picks I think they double up on defense. There are 6-7 blue chip guys on that side of the ball coming out. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, AFJF said:

In JD’s first draft, he slid back in the second round with a number of WRs available and Mims was the only one left when it was finally his turn to pick. I loved it at the time, but it obviously hasn’t worked out so far. So JD follows up the next year by trading up in the first and sticking & picking with his next two picks (I was borderline shocked when he didn’t trade down in the second to recoup one of the thirds he lost in the trade up). Just given that brief history -it looks like he nailed those two picks- my guess is that he sticks & picks once again unless he’s just completely blown away by a trade offer. I think such an offer would have to include first rounders in both 2022 and 2023. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I think this is a fair question.  There is so much LInderbaum hype, but a guy like Evan Neal who has played RT, LT and guard at Bama would offer tremndous flexibility.  Assuming Moses is gone, we will need a RT.  Fant has been solid this season, but only has one year left on his contract  Hard to count on Becton given his snakebit injury history.  Neal would give you another starting caliber T if Becton struggles to get/stay on the field, but could play his rookie year at guard if Becton is healthy.  

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Lith said:

I think this is a fair question.  There is so much LInderbaum hype, but a guy like Evan Neal who has played RT, LT and guard at Bama would offer tremndous flexibility.  Assuming Moses is gone, we will need a RT.  Fant has been solid this season, but only has one year left on his contract  Hard to count on Becton given his snakebit injury history.  Neal would give you another starting caliber T if Becton struggles to get/stay on the field, but could play his rookie year at guard if Becton is healthy.  

Id love to see Neal and Hutchinson with our two first rders

• Upvote 1

Neal or Linderbaum sounds fine.  I really hope that JD double dips OL in the first three rounds.  The team could really use a young stud C (move McGovern to RG) and a young OT (Becton really can't be counted on at this time).  So much depends on where the first rounders end up being.  

Take one in the first round and the other in the 2nd or 3rd.

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I disagree. Just in this past game, Wilson showed that he was much more amenable to checking down. He was less trigger happy, and took more of what he was given, rather than forcing it (notable exception the forced shuffle pass). 

Most importantly, the team showed him it can win when he is in that mode. He does not have to be a hero. I don't care that it was to an "inferior" opponent. The jets won a game with Wilson at the helm and he did not have to be the guy. 

Those are some VERY important baby steps in development of a QB.

Agreed. Even the INT was a relatively smart play. He is coming off a knee injury and instead of running and risking a hit or injury on a slide he flipped it to his RB (who at the time he began to flip it  was facing him). If Wilson keeps it himself and gets drilled/hurt people here would be bashing him for taking unnecessary risks

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Lith said:

Given Neal's flexibility, would you draft him at guard and have something like MB, AVT, CMG, Neal, Fant? Then depending on what happens with Fant / MB, have Neal as someone who can move to those positions?

Just checked Tankathon, they have us going 4 D with our first 4 picks. I think 3 of the picks line up pretty close with other big boards I've seen, but I haven't seen anything about Brisker.

I would love to see more safety, LB help, and I think Edge paired with Lawson (hopefully he's healthy) and strong DL play could wreck other teams. I'm on the fence about Stingley though, heard the injury risk is very real.

507792260_ScreenShot2021-11-30at9_27_33AM.png.6ef4ca5d2778ce49d2dcf9b17bd686d9.png1218146061_ScreenShot2021-11-30at9_27_56AM.png.21000be4ef3ba9cb340371e3570eb5ca.png

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I disagree. Just in this past game, Wilson showed that he was much more amenable to checking down. He was less trigger happy, and took more of what he was given, rather than forcing it (notable exception the forced shuffle pass). 

Most importantly, the team showed him it can win when he is in that mode. He does not have to be a hero. I don't care that it was to an "inferior" opponent. The jets won a game with Wilson at the helm and he did not have to be the guy. 

Those are some VERY important baby steps in development of a QB.

Except he didn't do it well.  At all!

His short passing accuracy is among the worst parts of his game right now.  While I have to believe it will improve, it's not exactly something we should be puffing our chests out about right now.