The “back interception” was on Ty Johnson

Uncle Nicco

9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Did you actually watch the clip?

It's incredibly clear that Ty Johnson literally turns around, stops in place and looks at ZW - as if to say throw me the ball.  Zach throws the ball and Ty turns around.

I don't disagree that he probably should have just run it - but the play is not nearly as bad as people are making it out to be - and it's the type of play QB's make all the time.

Yes, I did and Ty does look for the ball not denying that, but not when Zach is passing it. Johnson looked at Wilson when he started to run with the ball, so then Johnson went to start blocking for Wilson and instead of running with it Zach threw it at Ty’s back. It was just miscommunication and it’s going to happen with a rookie QB. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, K Clue said:

Yes, I did and Ty does look for the ball not denying that, but not when Zach is passing it. Johnson looked at Wilson when he started to run with the ball, so then Johnson went to start blocking for Wilson and instead of running with it Zach threw it at Ty’s back. It was just miscommunication and it’s going to happen with a rookie QB. 

Fair and agreed.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Dude look at the freaking frame that I provided. When wilson is throwing the ball johnson is still looking at wilson. You are lying to yourself. 

You’re the one lying to yourself lol, even Zack just said it was on him during the post game interview and that Ty went to go block for him.

Like I said already it was just miscommunication between the two. It’s whatever now anyway, we can just hope Zach learns from it and improves. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, K Clue said:

You’re the one lying to yourself lol, even Zack just said it was on him during the post game interview and that Ty went to go block for him.

Like I said already it was just miscommunication between the two. It’s whatever now anyway, we can just hope Zach learns from it and improves. 

Wilson is standing up for his guy, just the type of leader he is 

2 hours ago, artemusclyde said:

I wouldn't bother debating with these guys. They're still circle jerking over Mike White and are on the Wlson is a bust train. It's how I know Wilson will end up being good. These same guys were proclaiming Darnold as the savior while laughing at the Bills for drafting Allen.

Actually  Nico was one of those guys

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Wilson is behind the line and Johnson is looking at him as he is throwing it. 

4178799C-056A-40A7-B9BE-33F41EA065F7.jpeg

Not sure I've ever seen someone take so much heat for making a statement after having backed up said statement with visual proof. Don't let the dummies get to you.

All this being said, Zach should have ran that ball, Ty was trying to help his QB by blocking. Bad play by a rusty rookie unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

It was a bad decision by Wilson.  There is not much to be gained by attempting that.  
That said, it probably turns into an interception because Johnson.  They both are to blame.  It was a poor play by both parties.

Why? We laud shovel passes on a weekly basis. If Johnson catches the ball and runs for a first it’s a great play by Wilson. I’m sorry but I want Wilson to keep trying to make that play. It’s an almost zero risk play, there was no one near Johnson when he threw that. That was a 1/100,000,000 interception, just terribly unlucky. 

7 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

We all know what nicco would be saying if mike white made this exact same play.

This kind of stuff is getting flat out dumb.  Yes, there is a lot of posturing for Wilson.  There is an equal amount for White.  Both sides don’t think they are the ones being objective though.  Or they don’t have a tendency to cherry pick things to support their belief.

1 hour ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Dude look at the freaking frame that I provided. When wilson is throwing the ball johnson is still looking at wilson. You are lying to yourself. 

Can that freeze frame show you exactly where Johnson is looking? In real time it looks like Johnson starts to turn to run block just as the throw is made, if Johnson is already turning to block then there's a very good chance he is unaware of the ball being thrown.

Unfortunate play, but no real big deal to be honest. Defender made a great diving catch for the INT, most times that would just fall incomplete and we wouldn't be talking about it at all.

3 hours ago, Uncle Nicco said:

why is it out of context? Do you know what the word context means? Why is not turning around at the worst possible moment defying the laws of physics? Ive seen this play completed dozens of times. 

I’d rather listen to a labradoodle’s opinions on physics. I saw one lick it’s own a$$hole once.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Did you actually watch the clip?

It's incredibly clear that Ty Johnson literally turns around, stops in place and looks at ZW - as if to say throw me the ball.  Zach throws the ball and Ty turns around.

I don't disagree that he probably should have just run it - but the play is not nearly as bad as people are making it out to be - and it's the type of play QB's make all the time.

He probably should have just slid like you say  given down and distance but I agree with you that Johnson contributed to the miscommunication. 

• Upvote 1

Here's what I see. The pass is almost simultaneous with johnson starting to turn his head forward, therefore, he never saw the ball coming (even though it appears in that single frame shot that he's looking back at zach, he isn't). Zach was late with the pass, therfore, it's on him. Furthermore, he should be aware of the down and distance and realize he should just slide down and punt. The fact that he's not aware of this, to me, is actually worse than the pass itself.

I'm not giving up on zach. Far from it. I'm waiting till end of next season to truly judge him. But let's not defend crap plays, ok?

3 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

This kind of stuff is getting flat out dumb.  Yes, there is a lot of posturing for Wilson.  There is an equal amount for White.  Both sides don’t think they are the ones being objective though.  Or they don’t have a tendency to cherry pick things to support their belief.

White is a backup. In 6 more games we are going to have a better idea what Wilson is. Right now he is a 57% comp, 4 TD's and 10 picks in about 6 games. That isn't  what we want to see. Hopefully he improves. We have no other viable option at QB so we all better pray Zach learns to run this O. Out of the 4 QB who have, he has. Struggled the most. That has to change

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

This is true but Mike White is the one who has proven he can run an NFL offense which Jets fans haven't seen in a decade so I understand people going overboard with it.  People pretending WIlson has played well this year is just bizarre and not reality.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Wilson is behind the line and Johnson is looking at him as he is throwing it. 

4178799C-056A-40A7-B9BE-33F41EA065F7.jpeg

Dude, c’mon. Watch the play in real time. Ty is starting to turn around to block when Zach shovels the ball. The timing was perfectly awful, and it’s not like it means Zach is a POS qb who doesnt belong in the league, but it’s totally on Zach. He threw it. Its his ball. 

25 minutes ago, undertow said:

This is true but Mike White is the one who has proven he can run an NFL offense which Jets fans haven't seen in a decade so I understand people going overboard with it.  People pretending WIlson has played well this year is just bizarre and not reality.

In your opinion he has proven he can run an NFL offense based on I assume the Cincinnati game and 1 drive against the Colts.  He also has “proven” to be an ineffective turnover machine.  Same as Wilson.

All White or Wilson have proven to me is they are both capable of having a good game surrounded by less than outstanding performance.  Somehow White is lauded for that and deemed he deserves time to “show more”, which I don’t understand

4 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

In your opinion he has proven he can run an NFL offense based on I assume the Cincinnati game and 1 drive against the Colts.  He also has “proven” to be an ineffective turnover machine.  Same as Wilson.

All White or Wilson have proven to me is they are both capable of having a good game surrounded by less than outstanding performance.  Somehow White is lauded for that and deemed he deserves time to “show more”, which I don’t understand

I dunno man when Wilson gets hurt and the offense immediate turns into a top 10 unit with 3 different QBs I think that was a sign for some that the problem was the QB not everyone else and that not only did Zach need more time but it was better for the development of the team as a whole.  But every excuse in the book was made to deny reality so now we are back at square one with a young QB whos lost and a offense that won't be able to function vs a competent team......Awesome way to build a team and develop a young QB I think it's gonna work this time.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

It's  because White played really well, much better than any Jets QB since Fitz.

• Upvote 1