If you are afraid to let your QB throw.

Jet_Engine1

Just now, Uncle Nicco said:

it was 3rd and 20 because they had a hold on first down. You don't **** around passing with 20 yards to go in the redzone even if your QB is aaron rodgers. 

If you have a QB, you are trying to get that 1st down and end this awfulness. HC has no confidence in Wilson. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Uncle Nicco said:

it was 3rd and 20 because they had a hold on first down. You don't **** around passing with 20 yards to go in the redzone even if your QB is aaron rodgers. 

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

No ones afraid. They’re killing the clock.  This is is what NFL teams do.  Pretty standard. 

3 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Wilson has thrown like twice on 3 red zone drives. 

He hasn't thrown the ball in about 35 minutes or real time. ? 

We've been running tosses, Jet sweeps,  misdirection runs...anything but letting the kid put the ball in the air... its like the final days of Darnold here. In year 1.

He stinks, and they know it. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thumb Down 4
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

You guys are funny and don't even see it.

Team wins, after the first couple of drives your young QB plays well in his 6th NFL game and comes out with the W...

And y'all can only talk about the QB not being good.

I hope you guys start to see your bias, it's glaring at this point.

Wilson did not play anywhere approaching average. Texans suck, OL and the backs looked decent and the defense made some plays today. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Uncle Nicco said:

This Texans D had 10 turnovers in 2 weeks and picked off tannehill 4 times last week. 

You can put a good defense on some bad decisions because of their propensity to fool young QB's, but Wilson was flat out just making awful throws regardless of coverage. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Team wins, after the first couple of drives your young QB plays well in his 6th NFL game and comes out with the W...

Not sure if you are right or not

but I would start questioning yourself just based on the the two people who keep liking your posts on the subject 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Grandy said:

I've been hopeful with Wilson and want him to be the best

However I don't know how you watch that game, and come away unterrified. He had over a month to improve, and learn and came out looking as bad as he did before he left. 

He was certainly bad those first two drives...but he settled in and played well the rest of the game.  He made big, clutch throws throughout the game to keep the chains moving.  Clearly the running game was working and any team will stick with what's working, but when Zach had to throw he looked pretty good.

Sure, he missed a couple of throws (all QB's do) and he def. still has to clean up those errant short balls, but i'm not really worried about that long term.  That will come.

• WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

So much projection.

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

He hasn't thrown the ball in about 35 minutes or real time. ? 

We've been running tosses, Jet sweeps,  misdirection runs...anything but letting the kid put the ball in the air... its like the final days of Darnold here. In year 1.

He stinks, and they know it. 

So early on he was playing hero ball and Jet fans dumped on him. 

Hey, why don’t we limit the offense a bit, run, short stuff, let’s bring him along slowly after an injury and missing 4 weeks. 

Jets limit the offense a bit, run, short stuff, bring him along slowly after an injury and missing 4 weeks, win and Jet fans dump on him. 

Geezuz. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

And wilson fumbled, got picked and should have been picked 2 other times.

He was awful today.

His pick came on a ty Johnson flub where he turned around after Wilson had passed him the ball. He didn’t really have any other interceptable passes today, certainly nothing that Tom Brady doesn’t do on a weekly basis. Yes he had a recovered fumble on a sack, unbelievable 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1