If you are afraid to let your QB throw.

Jet_Engine1

1 hour ago, Uncle Nicco said:

His pick came on a ty Johnson flub where he turned around after Wilson had passed him the ball. He didn’t really have any other interceptable passes today, certainly nothing that Tom Brady doesn’t do on a weekly basis. Yes he had a recovered fumble on a sack, unbelievable 

I counted 2 others that should have been an INT. Kids first game back, not too worried yet but he was not easy to watch today.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

In my opinion, a lot of his short ball issues are he’s so jittery he can’t slow things down and is throwing his fastball every throw.  He’s sped up mentally and it results in him trying to get everything to its target as fast as he can get it there.  It’s like a pitcher who is all amped up and throws a breaking ball with a little extra juice, thinking it will make it better, when it really makes it worse.

Yeah, I agree.  I think it's in his head...

In addition to putting too much on them - I think he's probably short arming a few too.  Just really tight and not playing loose.  So his accuracy is completely off.

Can he overcome that?  I honestly don't know...but as I've said before I have a hard time believing he can't make accurate 5 yard throws.  It's clear he was doing it college, pre-season, in camp etc...

I honestly feel like he just needs reps to get comfortable and build his confidence - once he stops playing so tight it'll come.

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

I counted 2 others that should have been an INT. Kids first game back, not too worried yet but he was not easy to watch today.

Watch any qb play and you will see balls thrown that "could" be picked off. He actually got unlucky on his only int. 9 times out of ten that ball falls harmlessly to the ground. 

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Solid work @Jets723.

? 

Things that haven’t changed in 4 years

1. Jets draft a bad QB

2. jets723 defends him non stop

3 when questioned he replies “well, to be fair….”

4. He gets quoted on his opinion then leaves downvote

5. when quoted again he replies “well to be fair…”

6. Then he downvotes that quoter also

7. He accuses people of being poor fans for not supporting bad QB when team wins  game despite poor QB

8. downvotes every poster who said team won despite  bad QB play

9. when called out on this, he replies “well, to be fair…”

10. I finally can’t take anymore of his drivel, post something like this and get downvoted 30x by him ?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

Jets fans need to bitch and whine about something. Even it it’s illogical and goes against everything most of us know about game ending situations. 

Jets fans watch Jets games.  There’s nothing illogical about bitching about it.  Sweet they managed the end of the game.  That doesn’t make me forget that I was waterboarded for two and a half hours.  

The anal thermometer giving you a clean 98.6 doesn’t mean a thermometer was shoved up your ass.  

3 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

My fault, 1 was not his fault but could have been an INT (berrios bobble)

- Zach had a side arm to Elijah Moore (maybe 5 yards from LoS?) where the CB undercut and flat our dropped the INT. 

yesI referenced those plays. They could have been ints, but not really because they were bad decisions/throws. A dropped int to me is one where the QB makes a bad read/throw and a defender just drops it. The berrios play like you said was a tipped ball, and the moore play was great coverage and an almost amazing play by the DB. 

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

You guys are funny and don't even see it.

Team wins, after the first couple of drives your young QB plays well in his 6th NFL game and comes out with the W...

And y'all can only talk about the QB not being good.

I hope you guys start to see your bias, it's glaring at this point.

Wait…. You said “young QB plays well?”

Seriously? How low is your bar?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Watch any qb play and you will see balls thrown that "could" be picked off. He actually got unlucky on his only int. 9 times out of ten that ball falls harmlessly to the ground. 

Oo 100%, I'm not really ripping on him as much as I'm saying he had 2 other drops. I'm sure Zach will get better but he was definitely hard to watch today.

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Wait…. You said “young QB plays well?”

Seriously? How low is your bar?

I’m not skewed by some type of pre-draft bias where I simply refuse to see anything he does as good. 
if you’re only looking for bad that’s all you’ll see.  
He did play well today in a win. 
ive been clear he wasn’t good early and continued his short throw wildness.  But he made some nice plays to keep drives alive when they needed to.  

Just now, bla bla bla said:

Oo 100%, I'm not really ripping on him as much as I'm saying he had 2 other drops. I'm sure Zach will get better but he was definitely hard to watch today.

Oh quit with the "I have to be nice because I have a YouTube channel".  Zach stunk today.  :) 

7 minutes ago, Uncle Nicco said:

the moore play was great coverage and an almost amazing play by the DB. 

I agree with the rest of your post but if memory serves correct this pass was a fast decision with the CB just dropping the pick. What I mean to say is this play felt much more like a bad decision than a good play by the CB.

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Oh quit with the "I have to be nice because I have a YouTube channel".  Zach stunk today.  :) 

Haha I have no problem calling him out, hell I was pumped for Sam but was pounding the table to move on after like week 7 last year.

Zach has the talent, he was without WR1 or RB1 today, but he looked just as bad as he did before the injury.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Here's where I disagree with that.

To me, he looks more comfortable in the pocket and made smarter decisions with the ball...Outside of the shuffle pass - I didn't see any stupid throws and more balls he threw away - rather than force it.

He's still missing those short throws, many of them badly, and really needs to fix that....If he can fix that he's going to be very good.  I don't know if he can, but I have a hard time believing he can't throw the ball 5-7 yards accurately.  Probably in his head and he needs to work through it.

The short throws he made in his sleep with his eyes closed at BYU.

A big part of the rationale in drafting him was not only does he he a very strong arm and had put quite a few throws on tape that “only Patrick Mahomes could make” was that he was extremely ACCURATE at BYU and although he was not facing any SEC D’s that ACCURACY coupled with the arm strength made many scouts believe that if you have his attributes it doesn’t matter who your competition is....you’re going to be a star.

Personally I’m perplexed at how shaky many of his throws are, to downright awful in the short passing game.  Whether it’s the speed at the pro level or that he needs a therapist, I don’t know.

But he has shown some flashes this year on about 20 throws at the pro level “that Only Patrick Mahomes can make” according to Chris Simms who furthered his statement by saying that he’s “not worried about all the throws he’s missing, he has hit those like clockwork before and he will once again and with more work these problems are easily manageable”....Simms still projects him to be a star at the highest level.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

But he has shown some flashes this year on about 20 throws at the pro level “that Only Patrick Mahomes can make” according to Chris Simms who furthered his statement by saying that he’s “not worried about all the throws he’s missing, he has hit those like clockwork before and he will once again and with more work these problems are easily manageable”....Simms still projects him to be a star at the highest level.

I'm not seeing this at all but that's encouraging to hear.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

You guys are funny and don't even see it.

Team wins, after the first couple of drives your young QB plays well in his 6th NFL game and comes out with the W...

And y'all can only talk about the QB not being good.

I hope you guys start to see your bias, it's glaring at this point.

He’s not redneck enough for them, honestly.

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm not seeing this at all but that's encouraging to hear.

I’ve watched Wilson analyze tape at BYU.  Kid is Einstein compared to Darnold.  I would say after watching that that he’s highly intelligent.

He may be a bust, like so so many 1st rounders, hopefully not, but when taking everything together, the Arm Strength, the close to pin point Accuracy at BYU, and the intelligence, I can fully understand  why any team would draft Wilson high.

Lets just hope he overcomes what appears to be acclimating to the highest level along with a lot wrong with the way he is thinking, and I’m thinking specifically about the many short throws that have looked horrific and I have no answer as to why.