If you are afraid to let your QB throw.

Jet_Engine1

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

I believe he will be paid handsomely to go to a contending team next year. Perhaps Steelers if Big Ben hangs them up. Could also see him as Giants starter depending on where they draft.

The Steelers would consider themselves to be a contending team with Trubisky? 

GIF - GIF Giggle, Giggles, Giggling GIF - Viral Viral Videos

I could be wrong but I don't see it. 

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Mitch Trubisky through 7 games of his NFL career.

52% completion rate.  1135 passing yards.  4TDs.  4 Ints. 70 QBs rating.

I can’t keep up anymore with what makes a QB worth letting progress or a QB that should be tossed away and set aside.  I assume that Trevor Lawrence and Fields both belong on the trash heap as well.  They are struggling nearly as bad as Wilson.  Surely Mitch Trubisky doesn’t warrant consideration after that abysmal start to his career.

So then why are you so threatened by Trubisky as camp competition? Let’s hear your plan.

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The Steelers would consider themselves to be a contending team with Trubisky? 

GIF - GIF Giggle, Giggles, Giggling GIF - Viral Viral Videos

I could be wrong but I don't see it. 

They’ll be picking deep. Depends a lot on who is available and whether they can or want to trade up. Remember Chicago made playoffs I believe twice under trubisky. 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Saleh basically gave Mike White the Man in The Iron Mask treatment to shield Zach from him but you guys think they’re gonna bring in actual competition for Wilson next year?

No, no I do not. But we have established long ago that many of us would make better GMs than Woody hires.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I couldn’t take seeing a Trubisky or Minshaw.  I couldn’t take watching a washed up Boomer Esiason.

Total waste of time.

Then just draft another one.

I definitely understand this perspective, but maybe some veteran competition would bring out the best in these 1st and 2nd year QBs?

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Pssst… I wanted those guys as a QB2 last off season. But after seeing Zach bomb, I’d take them as starter. Agree JD should be canned and his successor try again but don’t see Woody pulling that trigger so I’ll take any improvement I can realistically get.

I’d rather watch Wilson, and I think there’s no way he doesn’t get next year no matter what happens.

Going with someone you know will never get you to even a playoff game much less win one is depressing.

Rather go with what’s still an unknown and hope the light goes on.

1 minute ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I’d rather watch Wilson, and I think there’s no way he doesn’t get next year no matter what happens.

Going with someone you know will never get you to even a playoff game much less win one is depressing.

Rather go with what’s still an unknown and hope the light goes on.

Trubisky did get to — and win — a playoff game FYI. 

My ideal is to go all out in a legit FA QB like a Stafford type but trying to be realistic here.

Just now, jgb said:

So then why are you so threatened by Trubisky as camp competition? Let’s hear your plan.

Camp competition?  Sure.  Is that what Trubisky is being framed as in this thread?  Pretty sure I read he could go to a contender like the Steelers or be a starter for the Giants.

I’ll clarify several things.  I stated on several occasions last fall I saw big red flags on Wilson.  Those red flags are still there.  That aside, I still think the best path for Wilson or any 1st year QB is to sit.  Preferably for the entire year.

So I am perfectly ok with camp completion this year or any year.  I wish they would have signed someone this last offseason.  I don’t  recall off the top of my head who was all available, but I recall Hoyer’s name being mentioned.  That would have been fine.

As far as going forward, I hope the bring someone in.  However I am not remotely as bullish on Trubisky as you appear to be, in general or in this offensive system.  I have no idea who are pending free agents, but I’d take a guy like Case Keenum any day of the week over Trubisky.

4 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Camp competition?  Sure.  Is that what Trubisky is being framed as in this thread?  Pretty sure I read he could go to a contender like the Steelers or be a starter for the Giants.

I’ll clarify several things.  I stated on several occasions last fall I saw big red flags on Wilson.  Those red flags are still there.  That aside, I still think the best path for Wilson or any 1st year QB is to sit.  Preferably for the entire year.

So I am perfectly ok with camp completion this year or any year.  I wish they would have signed someone this last offseason.  I don’t  recall off the top of my head who was all available, but I recall Hoyer’s name being mentioned.  That would have been fine.

As far as going forward, I hope the bring someone in.  However I am not remotely as bullish on Trubisky as you appear to be, in general or in this offensive system.  I have no idea who are pending free agents, but I’d take a guy like Case Keenum any day of the week over Trubisky.

I think he will go somewhere as a starter — the league is QB starved and he did a lot better than replacement level. I’d love to have him as camp competition. I just don’t think it is likely. He will go somewhere with a clear path to start and I believe he will get it.

Hoyer/Keenum/Foles… ok not a terrible plan but I posit better to roll with a Trubisky/Minshew type who is still young and has hypothetical upside/small lightening in a bottle chance. Boring known JAG works for a team with a FQB looking for a steady hand to maybe steal a game or two if starter misses time IMHO. Not who Jets are right now. 

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Trubisky did get to — and win — a playoff game FYI. 

My ideal is to go all out in a legit FA QB like a Stafford type but trying to be realistic here.

I forgot that about Trubisky winning one.  I remember him being super over hyped coming out of NC after only about 1 year of doing anything in college, similar to Mr. Wilson.  I actually like Wilson’s skill set right now even after all the degradation than Trubisky coming out in the draft.

Dont want any part of a QB like that taking reps from either Wilson or another unknown quantity that is say drafted next year.

I think you only break the bank with a Stafford type after way more pieces are in place and even then it’s no sure thing.  Look at the Rams now, mortgaged the whole future and definitely not looking “much the best” with Stafford.

1 minute ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I forgot that about Trubisky winning one.  I remember him being super over hyped coming out of NC after only about 1 year of doing anything in college, similar to Mr. Wilson.  I actually like Wilson’s skill set right now even after all the degradation than Trubisky coming out in the draft.

Dont want any part of a QB like that taking reps from either Wilson or another unknown quantity that is say drafted next year.

I think you only break the bank with a Stafford type after way more pieces are in place and even then it’s no sure thing.  Look at the Rams now, mortgaged the whole future and definitely not looking “much the best” with Stafford.

Ok so you want to roll with Wilson and you want… nadda behind him, yet again? Why?

Just now, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

No, definitely some competition for him, just not a total JAG.

Worst case scenario he’s a total bust and next year is his last.

He maybe they find some real completion in the draft?  Lots of picks.

Give us a name. Let’s say no one JD likes in draft.

4 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

So, the answer to a failing young QB is to bring in a guy who already failed?

The 2021 NYJ were not contending for a playoff spot even if the Johnson’s sent a Brinks truck to Matthew Stafford’s house and a deal was worked out.

Douglas was All In on Wilson from every angle.  There were reports that you could see a non stop smile on his face even under his mask the entire time he watched Wilson’s Pro Day.

There might have been a good case to have been made that by not having an established back up would hinder the development of the rest of the team if Wilson went down with injury after performing adequately and being hands down the best QB on the depth chart, we all know now that is not the case.

Unbelievably the Jets O put up the most passing yards of Any team in the NFL during Wilson’s 4 game down time, so maybe Douglas was comfortable with what he had coming out of training camp?  But more likely the Johnson’s wanted to save some money.  I say that because it seemed that Douglas flipped a coin every night as to whether Great White Mike even remained on the roster.

How much better would Minshaw or Trubisky have been over that recent 4 game stretch?  How many more yards would they have generated than what was “Most in the NFL” over those 4 games?

The point is moot now.  Give Wilson every chance to succeed and definitely bring in competition no matter what in next year’s training camp.

I think there also is a definite silver lining in this season because I feel that baby OC Mike LaFleur has been totally vindicated.  The guy can call a game and should only get better.

Just now, T0mShane said:

If Saleh had his druthers?

1. Flacco

2. White

3. Johnson

4. Null

IR Zach

Btw, will you be around tonight for Jamal’s weekly humiliation or is it Book Club Monday for you?

Weak sauce.  You always turtle up when you get called out 

Just now, T0mShane said:

What? That’s the depth chart. 

The Adams stuff. He played very well last game. Did you catch the part where teams slide pass protection to his side because of his pass rush ability so the hawks blitz from the other side ?

and you didn’t have the guts to put your joy #1 lol

14 minutes ago, Larz said:

The Adams stuff. He played very well last game. Did you catch the part where teams slide pass protection to his side because of his pass rush ability so the hawks blitz from the other side ?

and you didn’t have the guts to put your joy #1 lol

Ah. I only saw the highlights of last week’s game where Adams ended the Seahawks season with a brutal DPI in the end zone and started a chain of events wherein Russell Wilson is traded, Carroll leaves, and next year in Seattle is a full teardown with Adams stuck in hell because he’s untradeable. Good trade, that one.

• Haha 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

Ah. I only saw the highlights of last week’s game where Adams ended the Seahawks season with a brutal DPI in the end zone and started a chain of events wherein Russell Wilson is traded, Carroll leaves, and next year in Seattle is a full teardown with Adams stuck in hell because he’s untradeable. Good trade, that one.

So you didn’t watch but you run your mouth about me lol

usual crap from mr blow hard 

5 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

What’s wrong with mike white behind him?

That is indeed a plan. I just prefer one where the QB2 can provide a credible push under Zach. 

PS: This was JD's plan, which he immediately invalidated by acquiring Flacco, as soon as White was called into service. Assuming JD will still be GM... I'm hoping he won't duplicate the same mistake next off season.

36 minutes ago, jgb said:

That is indeed a plan. I just prefer one where the QB2 can provide a credible push under Zach. 

PS: This was JD's plan, which he immediately invalidated by acquiring Flacco, as soon as White was called into service. Assuming JD will still be GM... I'm hoping he won't duplicate the same mistake next off season.

This was JD plan and yes you are right he showed that he had no confidence in his plan and traded for Flacco. That being said with all the mike white love on this board and everyone clamoring for him to play, isn’t he on the same level of competition as a Trubosky or a Minshew?

I have no problem with A white Wilson Johnson QB room at this point. MW has proven he can be an effective backup QB and spot starter as has JJ.