Where does this rank among "least satisfying wins in Jets' history"?

24 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Good post, and there are a lot of positives on this team despite the record, one of the biggest problems is that we don’t know if the QB is one of them and some people just don’t see passed that 

Josh Allen was considered a bust who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn for his first year or two in the NFL.  We have to hope and pray Wilson follows the same trajectory that Allen has.

• Upvote 1

Did we see anything to suggest this team can kick the door down in a year or two with this QB and staff?   A win is only a win if you’re in the playoff hunt.  All I’ve heard all year is this year is about Zach and the young players.  Not sure this game provided any evidence that we’re improving or there is serious development.  

On the plus side we made a couple of plays against a really bad team that were game changing.   Can’t ignore that.  

• Upvote 1

sometimes people forget this is the nfl so even a lowly team like the texans (or the jets) can find a win some days.  granted it wasn't that pretty.  it would've been much better if the kicker made at least one of the misses.  wilson may not have made all the throws but he did connect when he had to despite being without carter, davis and mims.  imo this game shows where the jets needs are like te, wr, tackle.  and even the defense made some nice plays.  myers had a good game as did the williams bros.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, rangerous said:

sometimes people forget this is the nfl so even a lowly team like the texans (or the jets) can find a win some days.  granted it wasn't that pretty.  it would've been much better if the kicker made at least one of the misses.  wilson may not have made all the throws but he did connect when he had to despite being without carter, davis and mims.  imo this game shows where the jets needs are like te, wr, tackle.  and even the defense made some nice plays.  myers had a good game as did the williams bros.

The fortunes of this franchise are all about Zach.  It's too early to give up on him and I'm not suggesting we do that.  But it would be nice to see some positive signs from him.  His short pass touch/accuracy today was awful (just like earlier in the season) and his best play was a run.  And that's ignoring the "back INT" (or whatever we're calling it).  I think his best throw was that incompletion in the end zone that should've been caught by (I think) Griffin.

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The fortunes of this franchise are all about Zach.  It's too early to give up on him and I'm not suggesting we do that.  But it would be nice to see some positive signs from him.  His short pass touch/accuracy today was awful (just like earlier in the season) and his best play was a run.  And that's ignoring the "back INT" (or whatever we're calling it).  I think his best throw was that incompletion in the end zone that should've been caught by (I think) Griffin.

agree about wilson.  i think his best passes were the one to moore and then the one to berrios.  and yes, griffen did miss that catch.

9 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Did we see anything to suggest this team can kick the door down in a year or two with this QB and staff?   A win is only a win if you’re in the playoff hunt.  All I’ve heard all year is this year is about Zach and the young players.  Not sure this game provided any evidence that we’re improving or there is serious development.  

On the plus side we made a couple of plays against a really bad team that were game changing.   Can’t ignore that.  

Our young players were the ones making plays today. JFM, Quinnen, Hall, MC2, and AVT all made big plays to help us win. Unfortunately the most important young guy didn't play well. Zach is putting a sour taste in the youth movement.

3 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Our young players were the ones making plays today. JFM, Quinnen, Hall, MC2, and AVT all made big plays to help us win. Unfortunately the most important young guy didn't play well. Zach is putting a sour taste in the youth movement.

Zach is the face of the franchise.  If he's legit then there's a foundation for major success.  But if he busts then that's a real problem going forward.  

Yes, we got some good performances out of some young players but every team is going to have at least some of that.  

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Most people would have strongly preferred a 24-21 loss where Wilson played great rather than.... well, this.

But, from a positive standpoint, it does say something that this team isn't quitting, and that they can win a game where the QB isn't playing great and they're missing FGs, etc.

A truly bad football team can't overcome those kinds of things.

There are some bright spots.  The defense, the rushing game are two.

Plus, they didn’t beat themselves today.

they tried however….

but a dub is a dub

i hope no one’s satisfied with the total effort. We beat a team that DID beat themselves 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

Lets not forget about the good play Bryce Hall made on the final 4th and 2.  That's a play Jets usually give up just to make us suffer.

Hall looks like a player

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

SOJF- Zach needs to learn to hit the easy short passes more and let his receivers get some YAC!

Zach hits short pass that goes for big gain 

SOJF- Th-th-th-those yards after catch don't count!!

Okay they count.  Zach threw for a gargantuan 145 yards today!

• Upvote 1

Because we are finally doing a complete rebuild even despite hypocritical jets fans shining about it, this ranks far below.  Instead of winning with a black hole under center torpedoing your draft position, the jets now win with their young FQB(hopefully) and a team full of rookies.  The tank is cool, but this is far from "detrimental wins" that we've had in the past.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DoubleDecker said:

Because we are finally doing a complete rebuild even despite hypocritical jets fans shining about it, this ranks far below.  Instead of winning with a black hole under center torpedoing your draft position, the jets now win with their young FQB(hopefully) and a team full of rookies.  The tank is cool, but this is far from "detrimental wins" that we've had in the past.

We've been doing a complete rebuild for 5 years now.  And the tank was for a QB.  If the QB we tanked for is no good then we're still in the abyss.

WTF? People are pining for Mike effing White?  WHAT A JOKE... Jesus christ do you dipsh*ts get dumber ever time you post? It just gets harder and harder to come back here and read how STUPID people are when all I want to do is talk Jets...

and I'm out...

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

People/posters whatever are not rooting for Zach or the Jets to sh*t the bed but the fact is they do sh*t the bed more often than not. If telling the truth about that is being a bad fan then so be it.

I find it hard to get very excited when I see our so called Franchise QB not be able to complete passes that are completed at a rate of 80% or better in this league. Posters bashed Mike White for throwing short passes but the fact is he completed those short passes at a rate of 82 percent and hit players in stride while Zach today completed passes under ten yards at a rate of 50% and that's after a few bad passes were reeled in by Berrios and Cole.

When I see some progress from Zach then I'll be happy and have hope because that's what all of this is about. Jets fans have one thing to look forward too this season and that's Wilson making progress and so far he's been the worst QB in the NFL surpassing the other rookies by a wide margin as well. Its why I wanted the Jets to trade out of the #2 picks and draft Mac Jones but obviously that didn't happen.

It always comes back to Mike White. The source of most of the Zach bitterness your read here.