Lincoln Riley leaving Oklahoma for USC

maury77

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Oh sure totally take over my announcement in the college game day thread.  ?

Pretty big get for usc, they must be giving him a lot of money

Or Riley is read the writing on the wall...no more Big12 cupcake scheduling once OK is in the SEC.

• Upvote 2

Timing is an issue I'd like to see addressed re coaching jobs.

I hate coaches totally abandoning their teams to take other jobs before the season is totally over.  I know why it happens i just don't like it.

Also the timing with a pro schedule is bad as well.  If Riley had an pursuers for nfl gigs we would never know.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, maury77 said:

It’s cool to see Riley going there, I always think college football is better when there is a dominant team in California.

I mentioned this in the Texans GDT.... had heard this rumored heavily from a guy at ASU.  The Pac-12 is trying to do everything possible to get relevant again, regardless of the team.  Haven't really had a threat to the top of college football since the Chip Kelly days at Oregon.

Meanwhile, the Pac-12 has watched the Big Ten, SEC, etc. argue for two teams in the CFP Top 4.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Stoops acting as interim

wondering if he’ll just stay on permanently 

Can’t think of anyone else they can get

Sonny van dyke is supposed to go to tcu, would be messed up if he backs out and goes there

They are apparently going to go offer Kingsbury.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The Zona coach?  Wtf would he want to do that?

I doubt he would.  But you have to ask, I suppose.  In the NFL world, Kingsbury can do no wrong right now as of Week 12 2021.  The reality is he’s an early exit in the playoffs this year and a disappointing season next year from being on a hot seat.  The real situation I’m sure is Kingsbury is trying to force Arizona’s hand to hand out a big extension.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Stoops acting as interim

wondering if he’ll just stay on permanently 

Can’t think of anyone else they can get

Sonny van dyke is supposed to go to tcu, would be messed up if he backs out and goes there

Offer Luke Fickell or Matt Campbell a billion $$$.  Both are great coaches and both deserve big time jobs.  Campbell may not take it as he wouldn't want to coach against players he recruited at ISU.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

The more I think about Lincoln to USC, the less it worries me.

Unless he hits it out of the park with a defensive coordinator, he's just going to make USC a better version of what it currently is.  

I heard Venables to OU might happen.  

Big name but the way Clemson has looked on D the last couple of years that would be an error.

7 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

The recruiting fallout that’s occurring already is interesting.  Way too many kids commit too early IMO.   

More interesting is the recruiting of transfers, now that the NCAA allows one transfer without sitting out.  Watch how many Louisiana players follow Napier to Florida.

And lets see how many OU players follows Riley to USC.

3 minutes ago, Sam_S said:

More interesting is the recruiting of transfers, now that the NCAA allows one transfer without sitting out.  Watch how many Louisiana players follow Napier to Florida.

And lets see how many OU players follows Riley to USC.

I know Billy Napier personally.  He was in talks with LSU as well as Florida.   LSU was waiting on Riley and really thought they were going to land him.  The USC talks started recently.   Cant wait to see the money because LSU was offering 11-13 million annually..  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

I know Billy Napier personally.  He was in talks with LSU as well as Florida.   LSU was waiting on Riley and really thought they were going to land him.  The USC talks started recently.   Cant wait to see the money because LSU was offering 11-13 million annually..  

I personally think Riley would get smoked in any conference that prides itself on defense or some semblance of defense.  Never been a fan.  Yeh he's great in the Big 12 but that's where it starts and ends.  No surprise Oklahoma State emphasized defense this season and took a step up.

• Upvote 1