Mike White should start against Philly

RoadFan

They used the second pick of the draft to select Zach Wilson.  The season is not over.  They just won with Wilson starting after being out 4 weeks with an injury which is not completely healed.  As painful as it is, they have to play Wilson as long as he's healthy.  It would be irresponsible to do anything else.  Mike White had a great game, but they have to go with Wilson.

15 hours ago, RoadFan said:

He played enough good football to warrant more time under center.  You don’t dump a QB because of one bad game against a fierce pass rush.  

You do bench one that can’t hit a receiver that is 7 yards away.  

P.S.  I admit I was wrong about Wilson.  I thought he would be good…

I'm hoping the Jets start Wilson the rest of the season, or as many games he can play until another injury. The more evidence he's a bust or not the better the Jets are knowing we're things stand with the #2 overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft. 

15 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

I’m fine with leaving Zach out there the next 6 games. When he blows each and every game we have the cover to draft or trade for a QB 

Zach isn’t the answer. He has no presence. And he makes terrible decisions 

Or he doesnt, you look like what you are and we all get a reprieve and can move on from your countless negative posts claiming a rookie QB plays like one at times so JD should be fired.  

Almost 6 games in, one (TITANS) he played well, the last Pats game was off to a good start, 2nd half vs the Panthers played well.  Kevin:  lets dump him

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Saleh really gonna have to look these guys in the eyes and tells them that Zach Wilson gives them the best chance to win.

?

No hes not, the players practice, know who the most talented QB is and will be the best QB of the group.  They know who gives them the best chance to win.  Theyre not nearly as confused as you are.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

23 minutes ago, TMAC said:

They used the second pick of the draft to select Zach Wilson.  The season is not over.  They just won with Wilson starting after being out 4 weeks with an injury which is not completely healed.  As painful as it is, they have to play Wilson as long as he's healthy.  It would be irresponsible to do anything else.  Mike White had a great game, but they have to go with Wilson.

He played the Texans game after missing 4 without Davis at WR, allowing the Texans to place more coverage on Moore to shut him down as much as possible and he played without Carter who's easily been the teams #1 RB.  

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No hes not, the players practice, know who the most talented QB is and will be the best QB of the group.  Theyre not nearly as confused as you are.

Yes.

By all accounts Zach looks the part in practice.  I've heard it from Saleh on multiple occasions, they're still very high on Wilson.

It needs to translate on game day better - but it will come.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, RoadFan said:

I am rooting for Zach Wilson, really I am.  I liked his college film a lot.   However, if he wasn’t the 2nd overall pick and was just judged on his play…

if we’re being honest…

he is playing in the Ryan Lindley and  Nathan Peterman category…

Actually he's playing like all this years rookie class is playing. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes.

By all accounts Zach looks the part in practice.  I've heard it from Saleh on multiple occasions, they're still very high on Wilson.

He literally injured Corey Davis during the week with one of his trademark sky high bullets.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, RoadFan said:

He played enough good football to warrant more time under center.  You don’t dump a QB because of one bad game against a fierce pass rush.  

You do bench one that can’t hit a receiver that is 7 yards away.  

P.S.  I admit I was wrong about Wilson.  I thought he would be good…

Benching Zach  should not be off the table , but we should not reach conclusions on his career

17 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes.

I really think part of the problem  is the Jet D does not challenge him on a consistent basis.  

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Or he doesnt, you look like what you are and we all get a reprieve and can move on from your countless negative posts claiming a rookie QB plays like one at times so JD should be fired.  

Almost 6 games in, one (TITANS) he played well, the last Pats game was off to a good start, 2nd half vs the Panthers played well.  Kevin:  lets dump him

You point to 6 games played 

and literally are point to one game (which outside hero throws he actually played a mixed bag) 

and a half a game…

Word of advice, read the nonsense you want to post before you post 

• Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Saleh really gonna have to look these guys in the eyes and tells them that Zach Wilson gives them the best chance to win.

?

This season is not, and never was, about wins. It’s about installation, development, and evaluation. And the #1 item that needs development and evaluation is the #2 pick of the 2021 draft. Mike White is an afterthought. We were all charged up around here about placing a first or second round tender on him after the Cincy game, now I don’t even know if they’ll need to put the right of first refusal on him. It’s Zach Wilson they want and need to see play. He’s the guy they need to work with to work thru his issues. If it doesn’t pan out, then it doesn’t pan out, but they’re going to start him as long as he’s healthy this season. And with close to 100% certainty I can say he’ll be the opening day starter in 2022, too. May as well live in reality and root for the kid. That’s what I’m doing. 

• Upvote 3

Why go backwards? We made Zach our guy...it's Zach who plays. The kid has enough of a mental problem with his game at the moment..... It would have been one thing if we started with a veteran and told Zach, "Watch and learn and grow as this is your team next year" Replacing him midstream after 4 weeks off for a WKU guy with one good game under his belt might as well come with free counseling sessions for ZW

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

Why go backwards? We made Zach our guy...it's Zach who plays. The kid has enough of a mental problem with his game at the moment..... It would have been one thing if we started with a veteran and told Zach, "Watch and learn and grow as this is your team next year" Replacing him midstream after 4 weeks off for a WKU guy with one good game under his belt might as well come with free counseling sessions for ZW

This. Especially since Mike White sucked eggs in his second start. But let's leave that part out I guess.

• Sympathy 1