Mike White should start against Philly

RoadFan

39 minutes ago, slats said:

This season is not, and never was, about wins. It’s about installation, development, and evaluation. And the #1 item that needs development and evaluation is the #2 pick of the 2021 draft. Mike White is an afterthought. We were all charged up around here about placing a first or second round tender on him after the Cincy game, now I don’t even know if they’ll need to put the right of first refusal on him. It’s Zach Wilson they want and need to see play. He’s the guy they need to work with to work thru his issues. If it doesn’t pan out, then it doesn’t pan out, but they’re going to start him as long as he’s healthy this season. And with close to 100% certainty I can say he’ll be the opening day starter in 2022, too. Way as well live in reality and root for the kid. That’s what I’m doing. 

Love this, it is 100% the truth. 

I am not sure what happened to being a fan. We used to root for good things to happen. Now so many people have their mind made up and when good things happen (the Jets win a game) it is spin mode.

If the internet existed when Joe Namath was drafted people would have rooted against him because he was damaged goods.

It is okay to be a fan.

• Post of the Week 2

Mike White won't play any better than Zach, and Zach needs to develop. He didn't play as good as most of us expected, but he didn't play as bad as he could have. He upped his game after the first quarter, and while he didn't play great, he didn't mess up the game, which is progress. This might not seem like progress, but it is. Trust the process.

40 minutes ago, Maxman said:

This. Especially since Mike White sucked eggs in his second start. But let's leave that part out I guess.

This non-stop game of musical QB, musical coaches, musical GMs and musical tanking has done nothing but led to misery on top of misery for over a decade. We're either going to give what we have a chance to come together and grow together or we can continue to play this game for another decade.  It shouldn't be shocking news that a rookie QB is having a hard year. Yes. 4 TD / 10 INT is a bad ratio, I get it. Wilson has a lot of work to do...i get it. 

But we get so caught up in that, that we forget to look at Carter, Moore, AVT, and some of the up and comers showing their faces on defense. There's plenty to be  hopeful for right now. 

• Upvote 1

While Zack may turn out to be a bust, he is currently the future of the Jets. If he is healthy he plays.

If Zack isn't playing it is because he is either injured or they want to win. If they are selecting a QB with the best chance to win, Flacco will start.

Mike is considered to be a back up; he has been around a couple of years, been on 2 teams, and he was drafted in the 5th round; he has been deemed by the 'pundits' to be a backup at best. He apparently doesn't have enough upside. While the 'pundits' can be wrong - it is rare.

Unless proven otherwise, we will remain a back-up; so all things being equal and everyone being healthy Zack will start unless he can't or they choose to win - if they are trying to win Flacco starts. Sorry.

5 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

You point to 6 games played 

and literally are point to one game (which outside hero throws he actually played a mixed bag) 

and a half a game…

Word of advice, read the nonsense you want to post before you post 

Word of advice, you have no idea what youre arguing, I said it was 5 games given the Titans game

Somehow your mind couldn't comprehend that. 

If you want to bring halves into it, then he was having a nice 1st half vs NE, had a nice 2nd half vs the Panthers, so be a smart ass

I don't agree with giving up on Wilson, but let's say this happens in year 2 and he shows no progression, do you put finances over winning?

Usually you say yes but we haven't won anything in forever. It's a good problem to have, let's just ride it out. Start Wilson see how this season goes. Don't kill yourself like philly did with the QB problem they had. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2021 at 9:27 PM, jj71787 said:

I don't agree with giving up on Wilson, but let's say this happens in year 2 and he shows no progression, do you put finances over winning?

Usually you say yes but we haven't won anything in forever. It's a good problem to have, let's just ride it out. Start Wilson see how this season goes. Don't kill yourself like philly did with the QB problem they had. 

Wait, how did Philly kill themselves?