How do you feel after today's Jets win?

jetstream23

How do you feel after today's win?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. The Jets beat the Texans, how do you feel about it?

• Good. The defense played well, the rushing game was solid. It showed this team isn't quitting under Coach Saleh and can even win when they don't play great and make some mistakes.
    • Meh. Same old Jets. Meaningless win over a bad team, but it's a win I guess.
    • Bad. The Jets were simply less bad than their bad opponent. Still have the same problems and the QB is a big concern. This win also hurts their Draft position.

Just now, Irish Jet said:

Is this even a discussion?

All that mattered this year was Zach. He looks worse than anyone could possibly have imagined and we have probably set ourselves back another three years. Better yet we get to listen to mindless fans tell us how consistently sh*tty QB play doesn’t mean the QB is sh*t.

But hey we beat the mighty Texans. This is a f*cking disaster. 

This.  Though I'm holding out hope that Zach will get better.  I'm just not seeing anything right now to indicate that it'll actually happen.

Just now, Irish Jet said:

All that mattered this year was Zach. He looks worse than anyone could possibly have imagined and we have probably set ourselves back another three years. Better yet we get to listen to mindless fans tell us how consistently sh*tty QB play doesn’t mean the QB is sh*t.

Emotion Reaction GIF

• Haha 3

I like that we won, DL came alive. Our young prices outside of QB look to be playing well.

Zach playing poorly is disappointing, this whole season is about his development and its been a slow process.

With Flacco, White, and Johnson playing well it leads me to believe the coaches are doing their job. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

4 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I like that we won, DL came alive. Our young prices outside of QB look to be playing well.

Zach playing poorly is disappointing, this whole season is about his development and its been a slow process.

With Flacco, White, and Johnson playing well it leads me to believe the coaches are doing their job. 

Against the sh-tty Texans, who are without their superstar QB.

Running game, receivers, OL after the first couple drives, DL, and the secondary all had great games. 

The bad is that we've been telling ourselves all year that this season is all about Zach's development and it's hard to see forward progress in that regard.  The talent is there, we just have to hope that whatever is going on in his head he can get past.  It would not be unheard of for him to take big leaps forward to close out the season and next season.  But at some point, it's got to turn from hope to seeing it play out on the field.

Jets won the game today, they were the better team.  That in itself is a positive thing.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, rtnelson said:

Running game, receivers, OL after the first couple drives, DL, and the secondary all had great games. 

The bad is that we've been telling ourselves all year that this season is all about Zach's development and it's hard to see forward progress in that regard.  The talent is there, we just have to hope that whatever is going on in his head he can get past.  It would not be unheard of for him to take big leaps forward to close out the season and next season.  But at some point, it's got to turn from hope to seeing it play out on the field.

Jets won the game today, they were the better team.  That in itself is a positive thing.

We were a little better than a very bad Texans team who is playing without their superstar QB (nor with a return on him in a trade).

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We were a little better than a very bad Texans team who is playing without their superstar QB (nor with a return on him in a trade).

They have been playing without their superstar QB (who won 4 games last season, btw) all year 

are you trying to post irrelevant things or . . . ? 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Xanax

• Upvote 1

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

The Jets roster has been both decimated by injury and ripped apart fielding the youngest team in the league.  We are in no position to look down our nose at other terrible teams.  The CS and players had a great day.  Not being able to enjoy the roster playing well as a whole because our high draft pick QB didn't play particularly well on his way to his 2nd victory in 3 starts is a bit out there.  The Jets won 2 games last year, and we just got our 3rd while actually looking like a decent team.

It's possible to have two opinions at the same time.

1) The CS is doing well with a lot of these young players.

2) Our young QB is developing slower than we've hoped.

The sky is not falling, we could lose every game the rest of the year and still have a better year than last year.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

A win is a win. This is the nfl and there aren’t many real doormats.  There are some good things to be taken.  The Williams bros played a good game as did Myers and Hall.  On offense Wilson played well though he still had some problems with easier throws.  But he was without Davis, Mims, and carter.  But what I think this game helped to do start separated the team needs from the team strengths.  Looks like the Doc is filling in pretty well for GVR.  The oline can still use a tackle and or center.  They need a te and wr.  On defense they need depth at lb.  maybe a safety if they can’t re-sign maye.  And they need a reliable kicker.  With 4 picks in the first two rounds of this draft we should really see some good improvement.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Against the sh-tty Texans, who are without their superstar QB.

Texans are bad but they beat up on the Titans and hung with Patriots this year. No one would have been surprised if we lost this game. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, rtnelson said:

The Jets roster has been both decimated by injury and ripped apart fielding the youngest team in the league.  We are in no position to look down our nose at other terrible teams.  The CS and players had a great day.  Not being able to enjoy the roster playing well as a whole because our high draft pick QB didn't play particularly well on his way to his 2nd victory in 3 starts is a bit out there.  The Jets won 2 games last year, and we just got our 3rd while actually looking like a decent team.

It's possible to have two opinions at the same time.

1) The CS is doing well with a lot of these young players.

2) Our young QB is developing slower than we've hoped.

The sky is not falling, we could lose every game the rest of the year and still have a better year than last year.

Justin Herbert lost a lot last year but had an incredibly encouraging season.  I was hoping for something like that.  I'd have been thrilled with that even if we went 2-15.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

How many times have we seen the jets face an arguably worse team and lose?  They have to win these games if they are ever to be taken seriously.

• Upvote 2

Today’s game plan is basically what i thought the jets would do from week 1.  Tougher d, run the ball decent and not rely on wilson to win games.  Yeah, the pick was stupid and we can sit around who to blame b/c the rb turned around, but besides that, there were no wtf throws downfield.  No backbreaking ints where you wonder what he was thinking.  So he seems to have learned not to force it, somewhat.  

All in all it was as is this was his first game understanding that he’s out there not to lose the game, and his job is to run the offense.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

NFL teams 

scoresNewsStandings 

Rich Cimini, ESPN Staff Writer12m

New York Jets QB Zach Wilson returns but admits knee still not 100%

NFL, New York Jets

HOUSTON -- After a sloppy return to the starting lineup, New York Jets quarterback Zach Wilson said Sunday his right knee -- sprained five weeks ago -- still isn't 100%.

"It's not fully healed and we understand that, but I feel good to play -- and that's why I'm playing," the rookie said after a 21-14 victory over the Houston Texans at NRG Stadium. "I understand that. Sometimes it's going to shift and stretch a little bit, but there's no damage that can come from that. You just have to walk it off and move on."

Wilson, the No. 2 overall pick, suffered a second-degree PCL sprain on Oct. 24. It was termed a two- to four-week injury, with coach Robert Saleh saying the Jets wouldn't put him back on the field until he was "fully healthy" and mentally ready. Wilson said Wednesday he was "100% confident" in his ability to perform, but he opened up after the game, admitting the knee is "not fully stable" and that it got into his head on a fourth-quarter sack.

He aggravated the knee while trying to escape the pass rush, eventually running out of bounds on a third-down play. He limped to the sideline, where the Jets' team doctor talked to him. Backup Josh Johnson started warming up, but Wilson returned for the next series and the remainder of the game, later saying there was never a doubt that he'd be back.

Wilson said he should've thrown the ball away before taking the sack, but admitted his knee was on his mind and "let it affect me" on that play.

"I had tweaked it (while scrambling) and my body just kind of shut down and I just kind of forgot about everything that was going out there because of it," he said. "I knew that happens sometimes, so I just have to throw the ball away."

Saleh didn't seem concerned by Wilson's knee, saying it "checked out fine." Wilson, who wore a brace, said there were a couple of times in the game when he tweaked it.

The Jets (3-9), who rallied from an 11-point deficit to snap a three-game losing streak, won because of their defense, which recorded five sacks. Wilson was frustrated with his performance -- 14-for-24, 145 yards and one interception.

The interception was a blooper play in which he scrambled and, just as he approached the line of scrimmage, flipped a forward pass to running back Ty Johnson, who wasn't expecting it. The ball hit him in the back and landed in the hands of linebacker Tavierre Thomas. It was Wilson's 10th interception in seven games.

That, too, might have been a play in which he was mindful of his knee. Wilson said "the seas parted and I stepped up. Rather than me running and getting blasted by somebody or trying to slide, I flipped it to my checkdown in front of me. ... It was one of those unfortunate things - unlucky sometimes."

Later, in a goal-line situation, Wilson was aggressive on a zone read, keeping the ball and scoring from 4 yards to give the Jets an 18-14 lead with 7:51 left in the third quarter - his first career rushing touchdown.

"He started off a little slow, but I'm not worried about him," rookie wide receiver Elijah Moore said of Wilson. "He's one of those players, his mentality is crazy, so I got all the trust that he's going to get it right."

Wilson misfired on six of his first seven passes, sometimes using too much velocity on short passes. It continued a season-long trend of struggling in the first half of games -- zero touchdown passes and seven interceptions.

In four games without Wilson, the Jets averaged a league-high 436 total yards per game. That came to a quick halt, as they managed only 266 yards and two touchdown drives against the Texans (2-9).

"Obviously, there was a little rust there after a month, but I thought he managed the game well," Saleh said of Wilson.

Wilson was hard on himself. He was happy about the win, but seemed almost exasperated by his "ups and downs," as he called them. He refused to use the five-week layoff as an excuse.

"I'm going to keep getting better at it every week," he said, "but I'm just frustrated with myself as to why I'm just not letting it rip and playing efficiently like I have my whole entire life."

• Sympathy 1