Game Observations (HOU)

KRL

10 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Give me Hutchinson, Thibideaux or Stingley and I’d be thrilled.

as far as Zach it’s wait and see- it is what it is.  We just have to see if he develops.  His passes are mostly a little off target, his mechanics don’t look sound right now- I’m glad John beck is in the building and hopefully gets this cleaned up.  Zach doesn’t look comfortable or in sync.  Hopefully rust, still good that he didn’t lose the game for us.  Got a win, got some experience under his belt.

It’d be great if Quincy Williams became a core guy- love how violent he is.

Quinnen Williams is a BEAST, even when people were complaining about him he was actually playing well.   He is definitely part of the foundation and should get a second contract as one of the best.

Zach’s knee is also not 100%. I bet he looks better against Philly

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

Good post.  A few other notes.

• For the first time since I can remember we have a coach who can make in-game adjustments to completely shut down the Texans offense in the second half.  The defense has come good parts and is missing a dawg or two.  Totally agree that if we get Hutchinson to go along with Carl Lawson this defense could be really good.
  • I thought LeFleur made some necessary adjustments as well.  On the first few possessions Zach was dropping back and got creamed.  LeFleur then called quick throws which seemed to settle Zach down a bit.  He wasn't very good but it's his first game back after four weeks.  
  • The way Brandon Cooks was ignored for most of the game I could have sworn Adam Gaze was calling their plays.  

How did Saleh stack up against Bill Belichick?  

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

This is who we're going to need to beat if we're going to get where we want to go.  

Of course, but we don't have the horses on either side of the ball. This roster needs at least 4 starters from the draft in 2022, and at least 2 top FA signings.

• Upvote 4

Ape observations from Week 12:

1. Zach was always a QB that should have had a red shirt season. At this point, just hope we didn’t do any irreversible damage. He doesn’t look the part at all.

2. Wings with chipotle or Siracha as the base of their hot sauce are infinitely better than Buffalo wings.

3. Legos truly are the best toys of all time.

4. If you’re not brining your turkey, you’re not cooking it.

5. Air mattresses are an instrument of the devil.

🍗🎅🍺🦃🥧

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You have to get over it, Darnold was traded and sucked it up big time in Carolina too

Yes he is but I’d still rather have a sucky Darnold and Jamar Chase and worry about replacing Darnold after year 4 instead of replacing Darnold I mean Wilson (as they are the same QB as I stated about 8 months ago) after 1 year.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Yes he is but I’d still rather have a sucky Darnold and Jamar Chase and worry about replacing Darnold after year 4 instead of replacing Darnold I mean Wilson (as they are the same QB as I stated about 8 months ago) after 1 year.

Of course  you would, it’s better to have the sucky QB over the one we don’t know will suck or not.   Seriously, you’re a Darnold fan 
No offense you also swore up and down 4 years ago that Darnold would be a star.  Let’s give ZW more than 6 games 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Ape observations from Week 12:

1. Zach was always a QB that should have had a red shirt season. At this point, just hope we didn’t do any irreversible damage. He doesn’t look the part at all.

2. Wings with chipotle or Siracha as the base of their hot sauce are infinitely better than Buffalo wings.

3. Legos truly are the best toys of all time.

4. If you’re not brining your turkey, you’re not cooking it.

5. Air mattresses are an instrument of the devil.

🍗🎅🍺🦃🥧

giphy.gif

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Of. Purse you would, it’s better to have the sucky QB over the one we don’t know will suck or not.  
No offense you also swore up and down 4 years ago that Darnold would be a star.

I did 💯 and like usual he got ruined playing for a clown shoes organization.  I concede the original Mac plan was the correct one even though the player was the wrong one so I’m glad it fell through.  But drafting a QB here isn’t gonna ever work the Jets have to find that established guy who already commands respect and won’t have his confidence shattered by a couple of not so nice hot takes every 15 seconds.

7 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I did 💯 and like usual he got ruined playing for a clown shoes organization.  I concede the original Mac plan was the correct one even though the player was the wrong one so I’m glad it fell through.  But drafting a QB here isn’t gonna ever work the Jets have to find that established guy who already commands respect and won’t have his confidence shattered by a couple of not so nice hot takes every 15 seconds.

Flacco

2 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

Zach does not look like a competent QB.  Only observation needed

Guys, let’s all just stop now. Zack played after being out for 4 games on a knee not fully healed with his number one WR and RB out and for the overall 60 mins of the game led the team to 21 points (would have been 24 if the FG kicker could make a 42 yarder) and a come from behind win on the road. I don’t want to hear about how great the D and running game units did as that is what they should do every week and what good teams always do. Zack managed the game fine despite some mistakes. He took a lot of the shorter stuff now and sometimes he missed them and needs to do better on those. He showed some good chemistry with Moore where those plays could not be stopped by the Texans. Also, don’t want to hear about bad teams since any game, especially on the road is hard to win. Now, let’s support Zack and see him do next week what no friggen Jet QB has ever done, beat the Eagles.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Guys, let’s all just stop now. Zack played after being out for 4 games on a knee not fully healed with his number one WR and RB out and for the overall 60 mins of the game led the team to 21 points (would have been 24 if the FG kicker could make a 42 yarder) and a come from behind win. I don’t want to hear about how great the D and running game units did as that is what they should do every week and what good teams always do. Zack managed the game fine despite some mistakes. He took a lot of the shorter stuff now and sometimes he missed them and needs to do better on those. He showed some good chemistry with Moore where those plays could not be stopped by the Texans. Also, don’t want to hear about bad teams since any games especially on the road is hard to win. Now, let’s support Zack and see him do next week what no friggen Jet QB has ever done, beat the Eagles.

Seems like there is alot you don't want to hear.

Good thing this is a non-audio, text-based medium, eh?

Hearing not required.