Who Should Be The Kicker Next Week ?

jetsrule128

Who should be the Kicker Next week ?   

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the kicker next week ?

i said Amandola. 

guys the kicking this year is horrible. i just watch the GB game where there kicker missed his 9th FG of the year. just now the Clev kicker missed one.

i would stick with him till the end. we only got 6 games left, lets see if he can recover..

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, section314 said:

I remember the early days of Pat Leary. Missed a bunch of FG’s, but they stayed with him and he became one of the most reliable kickers in the league. Give this kid time.

I felt that way going into this week. That was an important kick he missed today. When you are young you don't get to be in December with a % in the 60s.

• Upvote 2

Ammendola has the ability to be very good, he just can't be relied on for anything over 40 yards.

It's weird - he's perfect under 40 yards, and has a leg easily capable of booming 60 yarders, yet he just can't hit the long ones.

I'm torn on this one - maybe we should keep him and see what he can do to improve over the final 6 games in a lost season, or maybe we should just move on and bring someone else in.

If we do opt for a change at kicker, I'd hope that Ammendola could be brought back to the PS to try to improve his long-range technique.

• Upvote 2

We need Morstead back too.  Mann sucksssz
I think I read Moorestead was picked up...

What I can't understand, and the same can be said for quarterbacks... there are only 32 kicking jobs available in the NFL... we can't find a guy in the entire world, ex college guys, soccer players, who can't be consistent as a kicker... crazy

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Inconsistent yes, but he is a rookie with a booming leg.. He has a leg that separates him from most and I think he's worth trying to get right. 

Why not give him to the end of the season?  NY Nyets are going anywhere anyway.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, peebag said:

Why not give him to the end of the season?  NY Nyets are going anywhere anyway.

Couldn't agree more PB. Amendola is a rookie like the rest of our young team. He's gonna have some weeks that are not as good as others. He has an above average leg that with the right coaching could make him an absolute top tier kicker. He already showed us that in a pinch he can punt as well. I believe it was Nick Folk who had a similar start to his career and with the right coaching went on to be a great NFL kicker. Let's hope