Go get Russell Wilson

kevinc855

Do you really think Rogers or Wilson would come to a team that isn’t a contender? My guess is they have tons of money so they won’t be bought. IMO they are going to teams where they feel they can win championships.

With no stand out QBs in this upcoming draft, chances are you are drafting the next bust. 

The best path right now is to continue to build the team around him. If he happens to develop then great; if he doesn’t, at least you’ve built a better team for the next QB.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

Name one QB drafted in the last 10 years who played this badly through 6 starts and turned into a good NFL QB.

Josh Allen.

in fact Wilson has better comp pct then  Allen did. and Allen never pass for over 245 yds. Zach has done that twice. 258 and 297.

• Upvote 3

Name one QB drafted in the last 10 years who played this badly through 6 starts and turned into a good NFL QB.

does it have to be 10 years cause Peyton first 6 games had 6 TD and 14 INTs. also has 2 games with over 40 /5 comp rate. 3 in the 50s an one 60. 

and his brother Eli probably had the worst start ever. he sits the first 9 games and then goes..

48 comp % with 6 TD and 9 INTs.

there out there pal. never say never. beside the fact that Wilson has 2 good games vs Carolina and Tenn. and a good enough game vs Atlanta to win.

but we only remember the last game.

• Upvote 1

Josh Allen is the example that jumps out in my mind. Debatable if he was as bad, but he was pretty bad. 

Of course, Josh Allen is a HUGE historical outlier, so history is on your side. 

If we go back before 10 years, there were a number of guys who could be in the discussion - Peyton Manning being the most obvious example. 

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Russell Wilson is obviously breaking down and doesn’t have the Seahawks in contention with a sh*t defense despite having dudes like D.K. Metcalf and Tyler Lockett at his disposal.

Yes, it would be so different here…

You dickbags who want to dump Zach already can just accept your future with Andy Dalton and learn to enjoy it.

We will have Jimmy Garoppolo and we will love it.

There are still people on this board that think we can attract free agents or get players like Russell Wilson? Only way we land elite players is if we grossly over pay or there isn’t much of a market for the player. When this team is good, maybe that can happen but you have to be insane to think Wilson would ever want to come and play for this team.

3 hours ago, Uncle Nicco said:

R Wilson has thrown for 160 150 and 200 yards the last three weeks. 

Lol so Russ sucks after 3 bad games (with a broken finger) and 100 good ones but Zach Wilson is secretly great. You are so far in the tank I bet you look like neon colored pebbles.

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Lol so Russ sucks after 3 bad games (with a broken finger) and 100 good ones but Zach Wilson is secretly great. You are so far in the tank I bet you look like neon colored pebbles.

Not once have I said Wilson is secretly great or close to it. He is simply a talented young player who needs time to develop. He could be a bust, I don’t know. Neither do you. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

This guy has some of the worst takes o.n the internet 

Sometimes being right has to be it’s own reward.

1 minute ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Not once have I said Wilson is secretly great or close to it. He is simply a talented young player who needs time to develop. He could be a bust, I don’t know. Neither do you. 

I don’t know in the sense we don’t really “know” anything until it actually happens, but I do understand math and statistics. My take on Wilson isn’t personal, yours is. 

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Sometimes being right has to be it’s own reward.

I don’t know in the sense we don’t really “know” anything until it actually happens, but I do understand math and statistics. My take on Wilson isn’t personal, yours is. 

You don’t understand math at all. I have no personal connection to Wilson. 

There are only three problems with this idea:

1. Why would Seattle let him go?

2. Why would Wilson pick the Jets if Seattle was willing to let him go?

3. Why would you trade away the world to get a QB who is loosing on a team with the great Jamal Adams, a better team, with a coaching staff with a history of winning? As it stands now, they pick 1 pick after us? The real problem is understanding football - plugging a good/great QB doesn't just make an offense great. It is a team sport. Even good QBs have bad games/seasons. Wilson won a Super Bowl a while back (so did Flacco :-) ) and has had a few mediocre years but you are willing to trade away for him hoping it fixes the team. Even if the Jets were to drop Zack for a seasoned QB, they should fix the team first.

11 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

I want to preface this, by letting Zach play the 6 more games. However, if he continues to play like this we need to re-evaluate the position. This has nothing to do with being young. He just makes bad decisions, is wildly inaccurate and seems to have no command of the team or offense when he’s playing.

R Wilson is due for an impending break up with the Seahawks. Rumor has the giants making a run at him. I ask why not us? Could you imagine Carter, E Moore and Corey with Russell at the helm. We would be elevated immediately.

We have the money and draft capital to do this. Make a run at Russel Wilson

Serious question, (wink) do you get extra points on JN website if you upvote or like your own posts ?  Cause I need to go back and do that if it's true.... I think everything I post is the bomb...

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

I want to preface this, by letting Zach play the 6 more games. However, if he continues to play like this we need to re-evaluate the position. This has nothing to do with being young. He just makes bad decisions, is wildly inaccurate and seems to have no command of the team or offense when he’s playing.

R Wilson is due for an impending break up with the Seahawks. Rumor has the giants making a run at him. I ask why not us? Could you imagine Carter, E Moore and Corey with Russell at the helm. We would be elevated immediately.

Give them Marcus Maye and White Lightning and I'm in. 

11 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

We do have to get a QB. Can’t possibly let Zach walk into the job next year uncontested when he’s playing like this. The players would mentally quit before the season.

Steady Teddy is leading the Jets to Superbowl 2023. You heard it here first @Joe W. Namath.

Which is exactly what the Jets will do

Just like the Jags will do the same

Just like the Bears will do the same

Just like the 49rs will do the same

The idea that the players will mentally quit before the season is some kind of joke 

12 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

He's best days are in the rear view mirror.  He's had an amazing amount of concussions.   He's not going to last.  Seattle is going to unload him and get a haul for a guy who's used up.  This is not Tom Brady.

Meh, no need to give up what it would take to land Wilson.  The offseason actually should have a plethora of available veteran QB's that can come in and stabilize the Jets, get them to around .500 and start trending in the right direction; Winston, Bridgewater, Trubisky, Dalton, Taylor, Mariota.   Go sign one of them and make Zach win in a preseason battle. 

Developing QBs usually takes more than 7 games, I know we all have ptsd from Sam , Mac and Gase…. I’m still willing to give Zach some time, if the Jets bring a good vet to compete/mentor next year ala Vinny T back in the day, that would be smart.. 

I haven’t hated everything that Zach has done, he definitely has flashed and has hope, he’s made cringe worthy mistakes, but he’s a rookie… he won rookie of the week, so there’s that…

• Upvote 1