Go get Russell Wilson

kevinc855

The Jets need to go get a competitive passer this offseason.  We cannot bring this PeeWee sh*t to the yard each week. I'll take Gallapogos or Russel Wilson  - really anyone in the top 15 of the NFL. However if we can play our cards right our FA options are much better. The Jets are immediately in the playoffs wihtout question and perhaps even a SB run. 

TLDR throw money at Rogers and tell him he can fake the vaccine here in NY.

• Thumb Down 2

17 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

I want to preface this, by letting Zach play the 6 more games. However, if he continues to play like this we need to re-evaluate the position. This has nothing to do with being young. He just makes bad decisions, is wildly inaccurate and seems to have no command of the team or offense when he’s playing.

R Wilson is due for an impending break up with the Seahawks. Rumor has the giants making a run at him. I ask why not us? Could you imagine Carter, E Moore and Corey with Russell at the helm. We would be elevated immediately.

We have the money and draft capital to do this. Make a run at Russel Wilson

Let’s rebuild the right way. This is a very young team. Forget Russell Wilson

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Russell Wilson is probably my favorite QB in the league, all things considered. LOVE him. 

But this is never happening. Never say never except for right now. NEVER

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Have you guys watched Russell Wilson this season? Finger or not, you'd be insane to trade 3-4 first round picks for this guy right now.

He's been such a great player - I think he's probably still more injured than he is letting on and also suspect that locker room is pretty iffy right now. But he is 33 (although good QBs routinely play into their late 30s)

9 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

He's been such a great player - I think he's probably still more injured than he is letting on and also suspect that locker room is pretty iffy right now. But he is 33 (although good QBs routinely play into their late 30s)

I think he's definitely injured. But I think there's a little bit of Favre ego as part of the equation too, playing when it might not be the best thing for the team.

I also think that Russ, as a smaller guy who runs around a lot, is more prone to breaking down than guys like Brady or Rodgers who just don't take hits at all. I suspect he has peaked as a player.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Russell wilson cant wins games for Seattle.  Deshawn watson couldnt win games for Houston last year.

Yeah, lets trade 4 1st round picks for these guys.  This is genius I tell you.

Barring the off the field lunacy Watson is the only guy worth getting in off season however much it’s not happening anyway…imo

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

They guy has had lots of concussions.  There's miles of tape on him.  He's taking big hits on a regular basis.  This is not a guy who's playing until he's 40.  He's a very old 33 right now.   

He's been a very efficient QB for a long time.  He looked like dog meat in the playoffs last year and he's taking a beating this year.  You watch him, he still throws a beautiful deep ball but there are times when it looks like the lights are out and he can't pull the trigger.  Almost like a boxer just past his prime who can't release the jab.  

On 11/28/2021 at 8:21 PM, Untouchable said:

6 games into the kids career after taking him #2 overall and you want to dump him…

LOL

Again, why do Jets fans ever talk about drafting a QB? Unless we end up with one of those Justin Herbert’s that tears the league a new assh0le from the get-go, they’ll just want to dump him a few games into his rookie season anyway.

Jets fans deserve the Jimmy Garoppolo/Garner Minshew show headed down the pike.

Let's be honest.

Jets fans would be calling for Mike White to start after Herbert's performance in Denver last Sunday.

• Upvote 2

On 11/28/2021 at 5:04 PM, kevinc855 said:

I want to preface this, by letting Zach play the 6 more games. However, if he continues to play like this we need to re-evaluate the position. This has nothing to do with being young. He just makes bad decisions, is wildly inaccurate and seems to have no command of the team or offense when he’s playing.

R Wilson is due for an impending break up with the Seahawks. Rumor has the giants making a run at him. I ask why not us? Could you imagine Carter, E Moore and Corey with Russell at the helm. We would be elevated immediately.

Have you been watching Russell Wilson play? It is very obvious that he has lost more than a step and instead of being Fran Tarkenton elusive he just gets tackled a lot or forced into bad throws. He is just not the same player he once was. It started happening mid last season. Let's develop Zach

On 11/28/2021 at 8:17 PM, Untouchable said:

The dude has Captain Hook hand.

He’s done as an upper tier QB. If people want to trade multiple picks for what is going to at best amount to Jeff Garcia dipped in milk chocolate moving forward, well…that’s Jets fans.

That's the mother****er I wanted in 2006 and 2007, but no, we have go after Patrick Ramsey and Marques Tuiasosopo.  **** you Manginious, your roster moves sucked balls. 

• Upvote 1

Whether people like or hate zac wilson the jets should be doing nothing at QB next yr or perhaps the year after.  Keep building the team and if after two more years the QB is still holding the team back go looking or your vet then after the team is built and ready to make noise.

Cashing in the draft capital chips now is a terrible idea.

• Upvote 3

I find it astonishing that people think a professional quarterback will not work extensively on short/touch passes over the offseason.  It's not like it isn't part of his job to work on his craft or anything. Or is that only for guys who become better jump shooters after a few years in the league, or the guy who can suddenly hit better after a couple seasons in the bigs?  Do pro golfers start great and just exist as such or can they work and improve? Seems like once again people want to toss out any chance at changing this franchise and go straight back to what they always do.  Sign some names for big money, get rid of anyone drafted.  Rinse, repeat, rebuild again.  Let's see how this kid is and how he works in the offseason.  Next year will come and we should have a much better team to watch and enjoy the games.

• Sympathy 1

On 11/28/2021 at 8:04 PM, kevinc855 said:

I lowkey agree. Send Z Wilson and SEA own pick back + other picks for Russ. LOL never gonna happen but Russ is obsessed with his legacy. There is literally nothing more impressive in the NFL world than to join the POS JETS and win superbowls. Honestly, if russ came here and won a superbowl this fan base would lose there minds.

8 hours ago, y2k8 said:

Let's be honest.

Jets fans would be calling for Mike White to start after Herbert's performance in Denver last Sunday.

It’s goofy

Wilson absolutely needs to improve on the fundamentals of the position and become more adept at taking what the defense gives him.

But at the same time, I don’t want Saleh and LaFleur cutting his balls off and telling him to look for Carter or Johnson out of the backfield as soon as his first read isn’t available ala Mike White. The biggest components that made Wilson the #2 pick in the draft are his arm strength, release, deep ball accuracy and ability to make big plays off schedule. Trying to turn him into Checkdown Charlie for the sole purpose of fitting him into a specific system is stupid.

• Upvote 2

The Seahawks board is calling for Geno Smith to start over Wilson right now. They are hoping\praying they can get two # 1s for him to offset the Jamal trade damage.

Zach is gonna ball out (on the field lol) the rest of the way. Then QB isn't a debate this offseason.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Weird thing time does. Can you imagine trading Jamal Adams for Russel Wilson a first and a second? That’s what it would be look like if we gave Seattle their first back for him and people are like,” no way!” Time man, time. 

Time and the value cost of that 1st rounder changes things too.  We never could have possibly imagined we’d be getting a top 10 pick out of the deal.  Nearly everyone assumed the two 1sts would be late 1sts.  

• Upvote 2