Jump to content

Kirk Cousins Lines Up Over Guard


Barry McCockinner
 Share

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

And...that saved Cousins money went towards these Jets Wall-of-Famers. Take your pick which ones wouldn't have been signed had Cousins agreed to go to the highest bidder, but it matters not. 

  • Josh McCown (1 yr $10MM)
  • Trumaine Johnson (2 yrs $34MM)
  • Terrelle Pryor (1 yr $5MM)
  • Le'Veon Bell (2 yr $28MM)
  • CJ Mosley (3 yrs $51MM)
  • Sam Darnold (3 yrs $26MM)

And...using the #6 overall pick plus three 2nd rounders for the privilege of drafting Sam Darnold. 

And...that has then led to using the #2 overall pick to draft Wilson, for better or worse eventually (hopefully it changes, but so far it's been mostly the latter). 

And...16 wins vs 43 losses (and 3 different head coaches) over the 3.5 football seasons since then. 

And...yay!! 

HappySad2.gif.02aef26a02e801f1dfe55f31a60eef19.gif

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

What’s the point of trying to make every player that left or didn’t want to come to the Jets look worse then they really are? 

There is a pathos here that is hard to explain. Well, I could explain it but those couple of “fans” would troll for hours. Miserable dudes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Cousins pads stats and fails when it matters. Who cares?

I know. I would have hated to have been competitive and watched decent football over the last 10 years, instead of the delicious, giant sh*t sandwich we've eaten for a decade.

 

What are we, stupid? Losing in embarrassing fashion builds character. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Kirk cousins is a treadmill QB. Will never be good enough to make you a contender, never bad enough to get you high draft position. He is purgatory. That's what his teams have been his whole career.

Yeah. ENDLESS TRASH  has been much better.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I know. I would have hated to have been competitive and watched decent football over the last 10 years, instead of the delicious, giant sh*t sandwich we've eaten for a decade.

 

What are we, stupid? Losing in embarrassing fashion builds character. 

The end results are the same, just a different package.

The object is to win the SB, not be mediocre.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/29/2021 at 6:49 AM, Sperm Edwards said:

And...that saved Cousins money went towards these Jets Wall-of-Famers. Take your pick which ones wouldn't have been signed had Cousins agreed to go to the highest bidder, but it matters not. 

  • Josh McCown (1 yr $10MM)
  • Trumaine Johnson (2 yrs $34MM)
  • Terrelle Pryor (1 yr $5MM)
  • Le'Veon Bell (2 yr $28MM)
  • CJ Mosley (3 yrs $51MM)
  • Sam Darnold (3 yrs $26MM)

And...using the #6 overall pick plus three 2nd rounders for the privilege of drafting Sam Darnold. 

And...that has then led to using the #2 overall pick to draft Wilson, for better or worse eventually (hopefully it changes, but so far it's been mostly the latter). 

And...16 wins vs 43 losses (and 3 different head coaches) over the 3.5 football seasons since then. 

And...yay!! 

We should’ve traded down and built around Geno. Pathetically we would be better off.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/29/2021 at 6:49 AM, Sperm Edwards said:

And...that saved Cousins money went towards these Jets Wall-of-Famers. Take your pick which ones wouldn't have been signed had Cousins agreed to go to the highest bidder, but it matters not. 

  • Josh McCown (1 yr $10MM)
  • Trumaine Johnson (2 yrs $34MM)
  • Terrelle Pryor (1 yr $5MM)
  • Le'Veon Bell (2 yr $28MM)
  • CJ Mosley (3 yrs $51MM)
  • Sam Darnold (3 yrs $26MM)

And...using the #6 overall pick plus three 2nd rounders for the privilege of drafting Sam Darnold. 

And...that has then led to using the #2 overall pick to draft Wilson, for better or worse eventually (hopefully it changes, but so far it's been mostly the latter). 

And...16 wins vs 43 losses (and 3 different head coaches) over the 3.5 football seasons since then. 

And...yay!! 

Jets won this week nincompoop how dare you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, jgb said:

It’s like asking a girl out to prom then calling her ugly after she rejects you 

I'm firmly in the camp that Cousins is QB purgatory, but he's still a decent QB.  Not one you'll ever win a Super Bowl with (he's kind of like Alex Smith in that way) but one that at least won't embarrass you very often.  So while I wouldn't want spend a ton of money on him and try to build around him, I also certainly wouldn't mind having him as the QB for a year or 2 over what we've had.

And purgatory is better than Hell....

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm firmly in the camp that Cousins is QB purgatory, but he's still a decent QB.  Not one you'll ever win a Super Bowl with (he's kind of like Alex Smith in that way) but one that at least won't embarrass you very often.  So while I wouldn't want spend a ton of money on him and try to build around him, I also certainly wouldn't mind having him as the QB for a year or 2 over what we've had.

And purgatory is better than Hell....

Exactly...at least we could see some enjoyable games on Sundays, not utter embarrassment week after week, year after year. And the people saying they would rather have a bust??? I guess that's what being a Jets fan does to us over the years. We would rather have a bust than a competent QB. Its the Jets Way Baby!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Maxta_p said:

Exactly...at least we could see some enjoyable games on Sundays, not utter embarrassment week after week, year after year. And the people saying they would rather have a bust??? I guess that's what being a Jets fan does to us over the years. We would rather have a bust than a competent QB. Its the Jets Way Baby!

Definitely wouldn't rather have a bust.  But people have a problem admitting a QB is a bust on this board.

And if the option is drafting your own QB over a guy like Cousins, I'd indeed prefer to draft my own QB.  Just wish we could get it right when we draft our own QB one of these days...

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Cousins is an mvp candidate this year.  Hes having one of the best seasons of anyone in the league.

His team is 5-6. Three and a half games behind the first place packers and currently not even making the playoffs as a wildcard.

What makes the situation truly tragic is that the Vikings have one of the better rosters in the NFL. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

"The wind never blows like that in Provo".  

If only Mother Nature was in the booth

3 hours ago, Uncle Nicco said:

I’m ok with you calling Kirk cousins qb purgatory as long as you acknowledge that he is probably better than Mac Jones will ever be. 

Even against the backdrop of terrible Internet false equivalences, this one is pretty embarrassing, Nico.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...