The Jets won a football game today

Maxman

7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Just saying. They won a game. That doesn't mean there aren't problems but for the love of all things holy please exhale a bit. So many over reactions. Calm down, let's see if this young roster can put together a winning streak and beat the Eagles.

Plenty of stuff needs to be fixed, but this QB is like 3 minutes into his NFL career. So for now just enjoy the win.

9-8 Buddy! Nine wins eight losses!

• Upvote 2

Games against other bottom tier teams are essentially a no win situations at this point.
 1.  If they win like they did today in a less than pretty fashion, it was against the crappy Texans and doesn’t prove anything because they are so crappy.  All it does is hurt our draft position.

2.  If they lose, it’s how much of an embarrassment everyone is and how soon can we fire everyone.  Laughing stock etc etc.

3.  The only games that clearly resonate is games like the Titans or Bengals because the beating someone you aren’t supposed to beat.  

I’m not saying any of this to get into the whole this type fan vs that type fan.  I hate that discussion and personally don’t care if people don’t enjoy a minute of watching their favorite teams.  That said, I do more than ever think sports fans worry about what’s next more than anything.  Always has to be the next big thing.  First to dub the next great QB, the next unstoppable dynasty etc.  

• Upvote 4

54 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Just saying. They won a game. That doesn't mean there aren't problems but for the love of all things holy please exhale a bit. So many over reactions. Calm down, let's see if this young roster can put together a winning streak and beat the Eagles.

Plenty of stuff needs to be fixed, but this QB is like 3 minutes into his NFL career. So for now just enjoy the win.

Please don't give the Eagles bulletin board material.....

Eagles Are FU#$%^ BUMS! l Eagles Lose To Giants 7-13 l Old ...

54 minutes ago, Maxman said:

If they don't, you know what you have to do, right? PULL THE PLUG. FLUSH THE SITE! Watch them all swirl the bowl.

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Thank you! 

This place is getting unbearable. Whiny, miserable b*tching everywhere. 

No kidding, this place might be less fun than last years 0 and forever Trevor watch debacle. Just a bunch of miserable people who should be apathetic to the Jets struggles by now

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Icer said:

No kidding, this place might be less fun than last years 0 and forever Trevor watch debacle. Just a bunch of miserable people who should be apathetic to the Jets struggles by now

Oh, the frustration isn’t with the Jets, it’s with the homers saying the diarrhea stream we see weekly is a Skittles rainbow.

• Upvote 1

I have absolutely no problem with the Jets winning today, and there are some positives that seem to be coming from this team as the season goes on.

However, there are also legitimate concerns that came from this game, when Wilson looked to be the worst of the Jets' 4 players at the game's most important position.  Still of course rooting for him to get it all together, but today just wiped out the recent hope/claims that he would be the immediate beneficiary of all the ways the offense improved in his absence, rather than his replacements being part of the reason for that improvement.

Will still gladly take a win over a loss though, short of it being week 18 in a season where they're fighting for #1 overall.

• Post of the Week 1

55 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Just saying. They won a game.

The 3rd one.

Out of 11.

Yes, it was a win.

Calm down, let's see if this young roster can put together a winning streak and beat the Eagles.

Let's see.

.....this QB is like 3 minutes into his NFL career. So for now just enjoy the win.

He is thru 22% of the time Sam Darnold was given in NY.

After next week, he will be at close to 1/4 of Sam's total time as a NY Jet.

And I did enjoy the win, thank you. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Games against other bottom tier teams are essentially a no win situations at this point.
 1.  If they win like they did today in a less than pretty fashion, it was against the crappy Texans and doesn’t prove anything because they are so crappy.  All it does is hurt our draft position.

2.  If they lose, it’s how much of an embarrassment everyone is and how soon can we fire everyone.  Laughing stock etc etc.

3.  The only games that clearly resonate is games like the Titans or Bengals because the beating someone you aren’t supposed to beat.  

I’m not saying any of this to get into the whole this type fan vs that type fan.  I hate that discussion and personally don’t care if people don’t enjoy a minute of watching their favorite teams.  That said, I do more than ever sports fans worry about what’s next.  Always has to be the next big thing.  First to dub the next great QB, the next unstoppable dynasty etc.  

If Zach played well and really showed potential to be a FQB, I’d be very happy with a win (or a loss for that matter).  Him playing as badly as he did though makes me think we’re still not on the road to solving this team’s biggest problem (that has been this team’s biggest problem for a very long time).

I’m not an overly negative fan regarding QB’s either.  I believed in Sam the entire time he was here.  Zach has looked awful so far though.  I’ve been wrong about QBs plenty though so I’m hoping I’m wrong about Zach too.  I haven’t given up on him btw but I’m starting to get pretty pessimistic.  His short passes have been Hackenberg-esque 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Icer said:

Last year was more fun because of the sheer excitement over the QB class (highlighted by the Trevor Lawrence hype machine) and the fact that we knew we were going to dump Adam Gase. 

This year has been frustrating, but the over/under was 6 wins coming into the year, so I'm not sure how far off this team really is from that, if at all? Some of the overreactions are bordering on comical at this point. 

The overraction on Wilson is insanity. He is 6 games into his career and missed a few weeks with an injury. He looked bad early on but improved as the game went on. He has a lot of improving to do, he should, he is a rookie on a bad team. Declaring him dead and buried is as stupid as declaring him a star. I enjoyed the win today, haven't been a lot of them this year.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Last year was more fun because of the sheer excitement over the QB class (highlighted by the Trevor Lawrence hype machine) and the fact that we knew we were going to dump Adam Gase. 

And this year isnt because deep down we all know we are stuck with this train wreck for at least next year as well.