The Jets won a football game today

Maxman

14 hours ago, doitny said:

they're going to ruin Wilson.

they want him to dip and dunk like Mike White and that's not who he is.

that's why he looked so lost today. every week he was looking better and then White has this great game with throwing mostly checkdowns and now there forcing Wilson to do it and that's not his game.

correct me if im wrong but was this the first game i seen of Zach that he didn't even throw it downfield? and according to the announcers he was having some guys open downfield. 

thats not Zach. 

they got to let him play his game.

Agree, they should let him be the gun slinger he was born to be.  The team is going nowhere.  There is absolutely no pressure to hold him back.  Born to be wild...

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The side-armed throw that almost did.  Sometimes that stuff works, sometimes it looks like yesterday.  

I've seen that throw referenced a few times on the board. I thought it was a great throw and would have been a touchdown if not for a remarkable play by the corner at full stretch. Its also a throw only a handful of people can make and wasn't superfluous or dumb like the shovel pass to Johnson, he had a defender barreling at him and threw side arm as the only way to get the throw off clean and was leading Moore well with solid velocity (vs. the awful short stuff that was sailing on him). If the CB picks that off, good for him, if he doesn't make a crazy play, Moore catches that with only a safety to beat and a great angle....

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Maxman said:

He is throwing 100mph at receivers that are 4 yard beyond the line of scrimmage. That is 100% an issue.  It is an issue that is correctable. The kid looked nervous today, he was definitely off. He has a lot of pressure on him which is why I am glad he has a QB coach now.

Douglas made the right decision in getting rid of Darnold, so it will be fun watching Wilson improve down the stretch this year. He has talent around him which is an amazing statement in itself.

I agree with this.

Also, I like Saleh, a lot. I think he is quietly doing a good job and has just the right personality to get Wilson through his rookie year in one piece mentally and physically. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jethead said:

I agree with this.

Also, I like Saleh, a lot. I think he is quietly doing a good job and has just the right personality to get Wilson through his rookie year in one piece mentally and physically. 

Yeah the start to the season was brutal but Saleh seems to be the leader he was advertised to be. They have to figure out the defensive scheme issues (is it play calling?) but hopefully they work that out.

11 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

I've seen that throw referenced a few times on the board. I thought it was a great throw and would have been a touchdown if not for a remarkable play by the corner at full stretch. Its also a throw only a handful of people can make and wasn't superfluous or dumb like the shovel pass to Johnson, he had a defender barreling at him and threw side arm as the only way to get the throw off clean and was leading Moore well with solid velocity (vs. the awful short stuff that was sailing on him). If the CB picks that off, good for him, if he doesn't make a crazy play, Moore catches that with only a safety to beat and a great angle....

I don't disagree. I said that it could go either way, but that is the schoolyard stuff that gets everybody excited in favor and against.  I am more worried about the bread and butter.  The shovel pass also could have gone either way.  Johnson turned to block for him, otherwise they get a bunch more yards and no INT.

6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Yeah the start to the season was brutal but Saleh seems to be the leader he was advertised to be. They have to figure out the defensive scheme issues (is it play calling?) but hopefully they work that out.

Continuity of leadership, an infusion of more young talent and experience together should work wonders. They all get a mulligan this year. I just hope Zach figures it out.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't agree at all.  I think this is the general Jets fan mentality that these guys are ruined by us.  It is a pretty simple thing to throw dumpoffs to backs and checkdowns to TEs.  He is making it hard. 

You think they are beating it into his head not to look downfield?  I 100% don't believe that to be the case.  I think he watched White make a killing and realized that it can work.  He needs to make those throws accurately so that guys can run after the catch and not have to worry about securing a ball that is not easily dropped in the bucket.  

You saw his schoolyard stuff on display yesterday. He pitch to Johnson that resulted in the pick.  The side-armed throw that almost did.  Sometimes that stuff works, sometimes it looks like yesterday.  The issue to me is seeing too much "pass incomplete short right.  Teven Coleman"  "pass incomplete short left Austin Walter"  "pass incomplete short middle Elijah Moore"  He probably left 100 yards on the field yesterday on screwed up dumpoffs.  If he can't correct that, they didn't ruin him, he just wasn't capable. 

something is up.

i think maybe they changed the order of his progressions maybe? 

i dont know where to find it but i bet he didnt throw it farther then 20-25 yds. his last game against NE his 10th and last pass went 40 or so yards for a Pass interference that set up Whites TD.

i remember someone posted the stat after the Indy game how Zach threw it over 30-40 -50 yds and White didnt once go over 30 for the season.

i just can't believe he didn't throw one pass over 25 yds on his own

and how many of those short throws were thrown in really tight coverage? the Moore pass you mentioned, the other Morre pass that got overturned. he had Cole open for a TD. the pass to the TE 4 yds short of the 1st on 3rd down. he missed a deep guy on that one too.

its just some coincedence he had his 2nd worst game of his career and didnt go deep once.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:
Turns out it's easier to play center when you don't have a traffic cone to your right

you just made all the Lindenbaum people jump off the Verrazzano . 

waste a 1st rd pick on a center when MGV has played really good for most of the season. LMFAO

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

<Jets get blown out by 30 points>

Jets Fan: This season isn’t about wins and losses, it’s about developing Zach Wilson

<Jets eke out win in game where Zach Wilson plays horribly>

Jets Fan: So what if Zach struggled? He won the game!

T0mShane: hahahahaha Jets suck

T0mShane: hahahahaha Jets sucks

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Agree, they should let him be the gun slinger he was born to be.  The team is going nowhere.  There is absolutely no pressure to hold him back.  Born to be wild...

i bet the numbers say he is much more accurate 20 or more yds downfield then the short passes. ok he can still work on making better short passes but dont take away the best part of his game. the mid to deep pass.

19 minutes ago, doitny said:

waste a 1st rd pick on a center when MGV has played really good for most of the season. LMFAO

I, too, think we should pass on an elite center prospect because our current center has reached a C- level. 

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, doitny said:

I'd take Linderbaum in the first but I'd want to trade down into the second half of the first round to do so. The guy is going to be a stud for someone and I think C is an under rated position. McG can slide to RG where he is better.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, jgb said:

At this point we are hoping for Zach to be a historical outlier. Hope is fine for us fans but JD better have an actual Plan B for next year.

After 6 games and the history of the NFL telling you that outlier is nonsense

Allen, 53% and 2100 yards

Aikman 53% and 1700 yards

Elway, 47% and 1600 yards

Trubiski, 59%, 2190 yards 

• Upvote 1

I, for one, am enjoying the win. These moments have been few and far between the past three seasons.

When was the last time the Jets came back from an 11 point deficit on the road? When was the last time the Jets have been able to run the ball effectively for an entire game?

This is a young team with inexperienced coaches. Things are not going to run like a well oiled machine all the time.

Wilson is a rookie and clearly needs to improve. The most concerning things to me are no touch on his passes (every throw has heat on it whether needed or not) and just playing erratically in general (he looks panicked and not smooth out there). These things can improve over time as he gains experience and the game slows down for him.

Relax, sit back, and enjoy a win when it happens. Life is too short.

• Upvote 4

54 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'd take Linderbaum in the first but I'd want to trade down into the second half of the first round to do so. The guy is going to be a stud for someone and I think C is an under rated position. McG can slide to RG where he is better.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I, too, think we should pass on an elite center prospect because our current center has reached a C- level. 

oh god, 2 more guys who want to waste a top pick on a center even when MGV continues to play well..smh....

32 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

After 6 games and the history of the NFL telling you that outlier is nonsense

Allen, 53% and 2100 yards

Aikman 53% and 1700 yards

Elway, 47% and 1600 yards

Trubiski, 59%, 2190 yards 

Yeah. Guess why people always cite the same few examples? Because they are famous for being…. OUTLIERS!

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Jets Fan: This season isn’t about wins and losses, it’s about developing Zach Wilson

Jets Fan: So what if Zach struggled? He won the game!

I said the same thing but boy you get less/no heat for saying it. From now on, I’m turning on the Shane symbol in the sky and you can come make all my unassailable points for me. Like Cirano de Bergerac for meat heads.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Oh, theres more, a lot more

For every one you list I’ll list 20 who started their careers sucking and continued sucking forever. You do know what “outlier” means, right? It’s not a synonym with “impossible.”

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

For every one you list I’ll list 20 who started their careers sucking and continued sucking forever. You do know what “outlier” means, right? It’s not a synonym with “impossible.”

And for everyone I list your argument falls deeper and deeper in the irrelevant pool.

'Lots of NFL QBs struggle in their first season.  Hell their first 6 games. 

2 hours ago, doitny said:

i bet the numbers say he is much more accurate 20 or more yds downfield then the short passes. ok he can still work on making better short passes but dont take away the best part of his game. the mid to deep pass.

I know numbers are it, but I think you have to look to the eye test too.  Longer passes are always "more accurate" because the receiver can adjust to them.  Look at the catch Cole made over the middle.  That was behind him and Cole had to reach back for it.  If it were a shorter pass, he would not have the ability to do that and you get those balls bouncing around the RBs on swings. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

If you build a dominant o-line you will have built a contender. Linderbaum is a stud. McG is not - but he's better at RG.

you can build a dominate line without using thre 1st rd picks on it. the only other teams to use 3 are Atlanta and Detroit. 

the best teams and HCs

in the NFL dont waste 1st rd capital on the OL most have zero or one.

but hey maybe we will be the 1st team to have 3 and not be complete garbage.....i doubt that

We are going to double, maybe triple our win total from last year.  All with a rookie coaching staff and the youngest roster in the league.  We also have tons of draft picks next year.  We have a young qb who is getting the opportunity to work out the kinks in the process.

This is best case scenario for this team and Jet fans are miserable.  Its hilarious.

Considering they were down 14-3, it was a spectacular comeback victory for the Jets. Yes, spectacular. They didn’t quit, which was really important. Even though it was the Texans, I’ll take it. Look at all the sh*tty teams they lost to earlier in the season. It’s a step in the right direction. And @Maxman should be commended for his enthusiasm and positivity.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, doitny said:

you can build a dominate line without using thre 1st rd picks on it. the only other teams to use 3 are Atlanta and Detroit. 

the best teams and HCs

in the NFL dont waste 1st rd capital on the OL most have zero or one.

but hey maybe we will be the 1st team to have 3 and not be complete garbage.....i doubt that

I am also not too fired up to use another super high pick on the OL.  I get that Linderbaum is seen as an elite prospect in some circles, but I am wary of using a top 10 pick on a sub-300 lb C.  He does seem to be a good fit for this scheme.

I think it becomes a more reasonable thought when we are looking at a near perfect match of need and prospect.  The fact that we have all the extra picks makes the idea much more reasonable.  As Jet fans we like to look back to the last time we had anything resembling "glory days" and in 2009 we had 4 guys that were 1st rounders on the Oline - 2 were ours and Faneca and Woody were 1sts for other teams and high level FAs.

Depending where our 2nd first lands, I can certainly see going for Linderbaum or trading down to a spot where he makes sense.  Of course if he is that good a player that creates a bunch of risk.