Somehow Zach is effective........

Nixhead

Just now, Nixhead said:

I'm trying hard to come up with reasons why we can say at least say:   Zach seems effective -  so here are some of my reasons:

1) We won the game  - gotta give me that one

2) Zach had a couple nice 20 yard passes to Moore - hopefully the start of something big

3) Zach only turned the ball over once - I will take once in a game for sure!

4) Zach didn't try to do too much - he pretty much stayed within the offense

5) Zach had a nice run for a TD - I don't see Flacco making that play. Good decision by Zach

6) Zach threw for 145 yards and zero TD's - well its a team effort

7) Zach handed the ball off a lot and the Jets had a decent ground game - Zach played some game manager

Zach wasn't great and was barely adequate yet we came back from being down 14-3 on the road against a bad team but a team that just beat a playoff contender so 

somehow Zach is an effective QB at this point as he has been at times in all games but two. Can't wait till he is actually good and I think he will be - its just gonna take some time.

Zach was above average at handoffs today. 

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

I'm trying hard to come up with reasons why we can say at least say:   Zach seems effective -  so here are some of my reasons:

1) We won the game  - gotta give me that one

2) Zach had a couple nice 20 yard passes to Moore - hopefully the start of something big

3) Zach only turned the ball over once - I will take once in a game for sure!

4) Zach didn't try to do too much - he pretty much stayed within the offense

5) Zach had a nice run for a TD - I don't see Flacco making that play. Good decision by Zach

6) Zach threw for 145 yards and zero TD's - well its a team effort

7) Zach handed the ball off a lot and the Jets had a decent ground game - Zach played some game manager

Zach wasn't great and was barely adequate yet we came back from being down 14-3 on the road against a bad team but a team that just beat a playoff contender so 

somehow Zach is an effective QB at this point as he has been at times in all games but two. Can't wait till he is actually good and I think he will be - its just gonna take some time.

I have the best optometrist I swear DM me I’ll hook you up.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

I wonder if the Jax fan base is blowing up Lawrence like half the Jet fan base is with Wilson?  Ole Trevor isn't much better than Wilson at all and he's playing with a more experienced team, including his coaches.

Nah, Jacksonville is so used to success that they can be patient through a little rough patch. 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Larz said:

Wilson was shaky and had a rough day

That’s it

no need to perform an autopsy or change the plan or the depth chart 

Ok… one game doesn’t mean much except it’s the same as all his other games and he now has a body of work that places him into a category that would require a historical turnaround to be a good QB.

• Upvote 2

Wilson has to get a lot better. Simple as that. 

Two things I do like about him are that:

1) He has consistently played better in the second half of games than the first half. This is a very underrated trait in good QBs and is the opposite of Darnold. 

2) He might have a little toughness in him. He's taken a lot of big hits this year and has played well late in a few games despite some major, major  struggles. 

He has to fix the short range accuracy though. He's not a long term starter without fixing that sooner than later. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

My biggest concern with Zach (and I didn't hear anybody talk about this in the Draft process) is that he seems to be having accuracy issues, particularly on short throws.  He's also out of "speed sync" with some of his passes, throwing harder than he should be on check downs and 5 yard passes.  I'm hoping this gets better with more game reps.  If the Jets aren't getting enough practice reps at "game speed" during the week then maybe Zach has too much adrenaline going on gameday and is simply firing balls to hard.  I just don't know.

Bart and Willie took him to town on this after he was asked about it in the presser and said he is 'just trying to let it rip.' I THINK he meant that he was trying to not to over think to today and just be more decisive, but Bart took him literally and said he is gonna lose the receiver room if he keeps doing that.

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

There was a play in the game where I believe it was 3rd down, Zach rolled out of the pocket and had either 50/50 chance down the field or a "check down" to the TE who was open but about 4 yards behind the 1st down marker.  Zach made the seemingly right decision to hit the TE (forget who it was) and the TE turned up the field and barreled through a tackle to get the 1st.

That was Ryan “make a catch and fall down” Griffin lol

All jokes a side it’s nice to see the tight ends finally being utilized on this team, even if they aren’t that good.

• Haha 1