Somehow Zach is effective........

Nixhead

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

A legit franchise QB hits him in stride, as open as he was.  It was not an accurate pass.

Sure legit franchise QBs always score their TDs in perfect stride 100% of the time. Also that pass from Wilson was, in stride, griffin needs to make that catch 10/10 times it was routine 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

The kid needs to settle down. His first quarter numbers are disastrous. If you average out the 18 quarters of football he has played outside of the first quarter and extrapolate it into a 4 quarter performance it's 23 for 38 (60%) for 262.4 yards. And that is with him playing poorly as many have observed. He just needs to eliminate his first quarter issues and settle in earlier.  

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

The kid needs to settle down. His first quarter numbers are disastrous. If you average out the 18 quarters of football he has played outside of the first quarter and extrapolate it into a 4 quarter performance it's 23 for 38 (60%) for 262.4 yards. And that is with him playing poorly as many have observed. He just needs to eliminate his first quarter issues and settle in earlier.  

Putting the first Q issues on Wilson is a total oversimplification. Take yesterday for example, Moore slips and protection breaks down on 3rd down forcing a FG vs TDs. OL issues and drops were rampant seems 1-5. Don’t forget that 

Just now, Uncle Nicco said:

Putting the first Q issues on Wilson is a total oversimplification. Take yesterday for example, Moore slips and protection breaks down on 3rd down forcing a FG vs TDs. OL issues and drops were rampant seems 1-5. Don’t forget that 

I make great efforts to be objective. Objectively, no matter who has been playing with Wilson, he has stunk in the first quarter. There are no ifs, ands or buts about it.

• Upvote 1

Just now, playtowinthegame said:

Zach's ceiling is an effective Jimmy Garoppolo. 

I disagree; His ceiling is elite, but his floor is a bunch of bullcrap. He could go either way, but he probably won't be a middler. Could be wrong, though

• Upvote 1

Just now, Sonny Werblin said:

I make great efforts to be objective. Objectively, no matter who has been playing with Wilson, he has stunk in the first quarter. There are no ifs, ands or buts about it.

Correlation does not equal causation. I can play that game too. Jets scored 21 yesterday vs 17 the last two weeks. The Jets point differential is also infinitely better with Wilson then without. We turn the ball over at a much lower rate with Wilson than with white.

How is this better than anyone on the roster? I would say without question Zach Wilson is the worst QB in the NFL (starting). He will be off the team in 2 years.

Listen - I have no problems with Sam leaving but Im tired of the home run swing and misses. Its really screwing up the entire team. Imagine coming to play every week knowing that even if you played the absolute best you could the below was the output from your QB. 

SWIPE LEFT

image.png.ddf3a956e9e4eaea60387b8203b0924c.png

1 minute ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Correlation does not equal causation. I can play that game too. Jets scored 21 yesterday vs 17 the last two weeks. The Jets point differential is also infinitely better with Wilson then without. We turn the ball over at a much lower rate with Wilson than with white.

This is analysis by paralysis. Use your eyes. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

What have you seen at the NFL level to believe this? 

His arm is good, he is a pretty mobile quarterback, he can be aware of his surroundings. I didn't say he has been elite at the NFL level, but if he develops correctly he can be an elite quarterback. If he doesn't develop right, he can be a load of crap. 

Just now, Hex said:

His arm is good, he is a pretty mobile quarterback

I would agree with this.

Just now, Hex said:

, he can be aware of his surroundings.

I would definitely not agree with this.

Both his pocket awareness and his ability to see the field and find the open man are so far weaknesses.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I would agree with this.

I would definitely not agree with this.

Both his pocket awareness and his ability to see the field and find the open man are so far weaknesses.  

That's a good point. I added the 'can' in there to suggest he can, but might not, but on second thought, I could say that about anything about him. So I would revoke that last statement.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I think the truth is somewhere in between Zach is amazing and Zach suck mighty mooseballs.

I expect him to be slightly better than ...

dc0e449e63d416b3f42fc7fdf337761e.jpg750c40ce623d32e20c0b0901845f3c7c.jpg3766d093398d23490d6bcb6b9a449ae5.jpgab530bd1d0882e27e393c7fb1f3dca88.jpgb4e2ac31517ae47d5d0d3557f13f6fed.jpg

And slightly worse than ...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

d2fe5c49fb3d427d6e983e71130adb78.jpg

Richard Todd was the ultimate moose ball sucker for the longest time.  I think they both used the same ophthalmologist

• Sympathy 1

On 11/29/2021 at 3:14 AM, NIGHT STALKER said:

I wonder if the Jax fan base is blowing up Lawrence like half the Jet fan base is with Wilson?  Ole Trevor isn't much better than Wilson at all and he's playing with a more experienced team, including his coaches.

You could compile a better group of receivers on this forum than the guys Lawrence is throwing to.

Laquan Treadwell and Tavon Austin aren't even XFL level. 

19 hours ago, Warfish said:

A legit franchise QB hits him in stride, as open as he was.  It was not an accurate pass.

Disagree on just this particular throw, not your overall feels towards ZW, that throw was across his body while scrambling. All thing considered it was a good to really good throw, one that we see other teams complete for TDs weekly. But unfortunately, and I’m not as down on Zach as most, but it doesn’t look promising right now, everything he is doing is hard. Even his completions don’t look fluid. 

2 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

Disagree on just this particular throw, not your overall feels towards ZW, that throw was across his body while scrambling. All thing considered it was a good to really good throw, one that we see other teams complete for TDs weekly. But unfortunately, and I’m not as down on Zach as most, but it doesn’t look promising right now, everything he is doing is hard. Even his completions don’t look fluid. 

Not to belabor this one pass, especially since we w on anyway, but two things can be true at the same time:

1. A decent receiver should make that catch.  Griffin is not, IMO, a decent receiver.  He's a fringe talent at catching footballs, at best.  I am not surprised he couldn't make the play.

2. I stand by my view, challenging or not, a franchise QB makes that throw to that receiver where that receiver can catch it.  Wilson did not do so.  Was it hard?  Yes.  That doesn't change that the throw could have been much more catchable if better thrown by Zach.

It's one play, not the end of Zach's career or anything, but it's an example in my view of all the many little things Zach isn't doing (yet?).

As has been noted many times the past few days, if only to placate the angry folks who think people like me want to cut Zach today (we don't, for the record), Zach has ~ 40 more games, minimum, to get better and start completing passes like that.

We will see if he can.  Or if, like Darnold, Geno and Sanchez, he just doesn't get better as time goes on.