The Timeline On This "Get Back " Documentary.

SoFlaJets

I just finished watching Part 1 and I swear all I keep thinking about is the dates on that calendar and how they line up exactly with the Jets run up to the Super Bowl. The day that Paul starts writing Get Back Joe Namath was at a dinner in  Miami and responds from a heckler who yells out "The Colts are gonna kick your ass" At the end of Part 1 we see John, Paul, and Ringo huddling up and coming to the decision that they were going to try and talk George into coming back into the band, and how on that Sunday January 12th they show George's estate and write about that meeting that "It didn't go well". On our greatest day, that I can remember like it was yesterday my favorite band  and my favorite team are both experiencing one of the most monumental days on the same day.

I am just grateful that in my 66 years on this planet I was able to see The Beatles live on Ed Sullivan 10 and half weeks  after the most horrific day in a century JFK's assassination in Feb 1964, to 5 years later The Jets winning that great Super Bowl Game, the only one that I can see them ever winning in my lifetime. What's that saying about May you live in interesting times, it's actually sometimes called "The Chinese Curse" -wow, 

On January 9, 1969 Namath was honored by the Miami Touchdown Club when someone yelled out, “The Colts are going to kick your ass.” In his cooler than a New York winter way, Joe responded, “Hey, I got news for you. We’re going to win Sunday, I’ll guarantee you…” Naturally, when Jets coach Weeb Ewbank found what Namath had said, he was apoplectic. “Ah Joe, Joe, Joe,” said the coach, “you know what they’re going to do?,” referring to Baltimore. “They’re going to put that [story] up on the locker room wall. Those Colts are gonna’s want to kill us.”

The teaser Jackson released last year had me really looking forward to it.  I’ve always enjoyed their music, but it was so boring I fell asleep. 

I’ll watch part 3 because hopefully the concert is on it, but what a snooze fest.

I don’t see how anyone who hasn’t played in a band professionally would have liked that episode at all. Unless you understand all the interactions and have some sort of relatable experience to what goes on in that environment I couldn’t imagine it being even remotely entertaining. I liked it because I’m a musician and I’ve experienced that kind of tension, on the other hand my wife thought it was the most boring 2.5 hours of her life.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

15 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

I don’t see how anyone who hasn’t played in a band professionally would have liked that episode at all. Unless you understand all the interactions and have some sort of relatable experience to what goes on in that environment I couldn’t imagine it being even remotely entertaining. I liked it because I’m a musician and I’ve experienced that kind of tension, on the other hand my wife thought it was the most boring 2.5 hours of her life.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Maybe that's it, also the other part of it is the way we have been told for all these years how the Beatles break-up was so bitter and they couldn't stand each other-not true, those cats loved each other. The other thing that struck me Snell, was I think I finally realize what kept them together for so long, they screwed around so much, had a blast, and they were FUNNY, especially Lennon, who was supposedly all strung out, he wasn't. And Yoko besides the few times she went into her screeching jams (screwdriver>-----> in ear please) was no distraction at all. I am just starting part 3 this morning and I am loving every minute of it