Eagles Open up 7 Point Favorites

kevinc855

5 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

It sounds high but usually they know what they’re doing. Last time I bet on what looked like an attractive line was the first NEP game and we got soundly beat and didn’t cover. I of course took the Jets. I don’t see us doing well against a running QB we never have. 

Really need Quincy Williams healthy for this one.

14 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

It sounds high but usually they know what they’re doing. Last time I bet on what looked like an attractive line was the first NEP game and we got soundly beat and didn’t cover. I of course took the Jets. I don’t see us doing well against a running QB we never have. 

Yea but the Eagles are not the Patriots 

If we force Jalen Hurts to throw we may have a shot 

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

That is the game plan with him, but I don't think the Jets have the personnel to make that happen right now. Hope I am wrong.

Valid. I don’t expect to win this game but I hope Saleh and ulbrich are drawing some stuff up to make it close 

• Upvote 1

Jets seem to struggle on D against what was, at one point, our identity - smash mouth football. We don't seem to hold up to it. If they start off running the ball directly at us hard, or they are fast enough to get outside, it is going to be a long day.

As usual, I will be rooting for the win, but at 3-8 the wins aren't as important. I find it impossible to believe we will be 9-7 and not sure 9-7 gets you into the playoffs. So, a win is great, but a loss helps us in the long run with draft order. But I root hard for them every week.

Fortunately, I can root for Seattle to loose - another loss or so and they will flip picks with us :-)

1 minute ago, bostonmajet said:

Jets seem to struggle on D against what was, at one point, our identity - smash mouth football. We don't seem to hold up to it. If they start off running the ball directly at us hard, or they are fast enough to get outside, it is going to be a long day.

As usual, I will be rooting for the win, but at 3-8 the wins aren't as important. I find it impossible to believe we will be 9-7 and not sure 9-7 gets you into the playoffs. So, a win is great, but a loss helps us in the long run with draft order. But I root hard for them every week.

Fortunately, I can root for Seattle to loose - another loss or so and they will flip picks with us :-)

Don’t get caught up in the draft position. The Jets are a lock to pock from somewhere from 3-12 most likely. Since we aren’t drafting a QB you don’t need to be one to find a good player at that range and like you said we also own Seahawks.

Winning games down the stretch be much more helpful in my mind of this young teams physce and identify for development 

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Yeah, I'm really surprised that for Sanchez's entire career, no one around him thought to mention that maybe he should stop throwing interceptions. 

They really did him a disservice. 

To be fair, they were a bit more cryptic when they told him this.  They'd be like "Green....Yellow....Red....Red.....RED MARK, RED!!!!"

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Don’t get caught up in the draft position. The Jets are a lock to pock from somewhere from 3-12 most likely. Since we aren’t drafting a QB you don’t need to be one to find a good player at that range and like you said we also own Seahawks.

Winning games down the stretch be much more helpful in my mind of this young teams physce and identify for development 

Really hoping for a high draft slot to hopefully trade down. Either way, I can root for the Jets to win and the Seahawks to loose and then I get the best of both worlds. :-)

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

ONLY 7?  Vegas must think Josh Johnson will be under center.

Well the hapless Giants murdered them, so that probably hurt the line. I think we lose by 17 or more, but if the Eagles that lost to the Giants show up, we might have a chance to lose by only 3-7 points. Otherwise, we're screwed

3 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Have the Jets ever beaten the Eagles?

No, but Wilson can make history if he can do it with the team's help. I have been waiting my whole life to see the Jets do 2 things 1) Get to a SB, 2) Beat the Eagles. I am 56 years old so this is my life's work. Number 1) is difficult, but we'll see in the future, Number 2) is doable next weekend. So, for those going to the game, please be that 12th man and help out the team as best as you can. The feeling most of us would have finally beating the Eagles would be Super. Thanks

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bostonmajet said:

9-7? 

This is 2021! 9-8!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Should I take the points? 

They lost their starting G yesterday and Hurts looked bad. 

Not sure what to make of this Eagles team, they are very inconsistent. 

I actually thought he played well enough to win....his surrounding cast however was awful: fumble, dropped passes, tipped balls

I would love the Jets to have two decent (not great, not good) games in a row this season. 

1 hour ago, Hex said:

Well the hapless Giants murdered them, so that probably hurt the line. I think we lose by 17 or more, but if the Eagles that lost to the Giants show up, we might have a chance to lose by only 3-7 points. Otherwise, we're screwed

just change your avatar name to: I hate the Jets

just be done with it

• WTF? 1

Just now, Ecuadorian Jet said:

just change your avatar name to: I hate the Jets

just be done with it

I didn't say I hate the Jets, I just don't feel like they are going to win this game. I think the Eagles are a much better team. They lost to the Giants, but I don't think they will lose to the Jets too. This is the same Eagles team which we have never beaten ever, the same team that outscored the Broncos and Saints by a combined 70-42. The Jets haven't proven they can win 2 games in a row in multiple years. Once the Jets can prove they can be consistent, I won't pick them to beat mediocre or better teams. That doesn't mean I hate them.

13 minutes ago, Hex said:

I didn't say I hate the Jets, I just don't feel like they are going to win this game. I think the Eagles are a much better team. They lost to the Giants, but I don't think they will lose to the Jets too. This is the same Eagles team which we have never beaten ever, the same team that outscored the Broncos and Saints by a combined 70-42. The Jets haven't proven they can win 2 games in a row in multiple years. Once the Jets can prove they can be consistent, I won't pick them to beat mediocre or better teams. That doesn't mean I hate them.

The whole thing is a silly argument. I get the anger, frustration, and dissapointment. I get being critical of some players and staff. All that is fair game. I get it. But after a win, you write, we either loose by 7 or loose by a lot....that is not fan-like. 

1 minute ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

The whole thing is a silly argument. I get the anger, frustration, and dissapointment. I get being critical of some players and staff. All that is fair game. I get it. But after a win, you write, we either loose by 7 or loose by a lot....that is not fan-like. 

You're right, I probably am thinking irrationally. I just get worried about facing strong rushing teams like the Eagles, especially after that Colts game. I will re-evaluate.

Sell out to stop run as I don’t think Hurts is consistent enough with his arm to beat us. 
As for us same game plan as last week run run and run some more. I don’t care if Zach throws for 150 yards as long as we get 150 -200 on the ground and control the game 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

No, but Wilson can make history if he can do it with the team's help. I have been waiting my whole life to see the Jets do 2 things 1) Get to a SB, 2) Beat the Eagles. I am 56 years old so this is my life's work. Number 1) is difficult, but we'll see in the future, Number 2) is doable next weekend. So, for those going to the game, please be that 12th man and help out the team as best as you can. The feeling most of us would have finally beating the Eagles would be Super. Thanks

The Jets beating the Eagles feels less likely to me than us winning the Super Bowl 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

You need to get over yourself.

Where do you get off deciding if he gets to be a fan, or how any fan should feel about an upcoming game.

I watched the Eagles game when I turned off the Jets and holy f*ck is Hurts bad. 

Devonta Smith was as open as he was in college all day and they just kept ignoring him - Not the first time this season. On the final play when Hurts threw to that piece of trash Reagor, who doesn't belong in the league, Smith was wide open down the sideline and literally waving his hands in the air. The fact that Hurts was even looking Reagor's way was disgraceful. 

He's obviously a lot better than Zach but he's not a starting NFL QB. He'll probably run all over us though. 

Eagles by 14.