I’m not Betty, but here are my thoughts…

Green Ghost

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

I think a lot of you here need to realize that the people “bringing down the board” are just as big Jets fans as the homers. 
A win like yesterday is a double edged sword for a lot of us. Sure we want the win, but in a season all about the #2 pick Wilson’s performance couldn’t have been more disappointing.

Personally, I’m past the point of thinking draft position, I’m hoping to see as many wins as possible and seeing the young guys develop. I’m coming around on this years draft, but I’m sorry, I think we missed badly with Wilson. I’ll leave it at that, enough people have chimed in already.

For me, the best case scenario is we finish with 5-6 wins, Wilson plays game manager like yesterday and doesn’t completely blow up the offense. If we see steady improvement on the rest of the team and finish the year with an 8-10 player core to build around, that would be great.
Next year? I know Wilson will be back, but hopefully we bring in viable competition for him. We also need to have another great draft, stay healthy, and decide on this kid by mid ‘22. If the Jets go into ‘23 doing the “let’s hope the light comes on Darnold dance” again, we’re going nowhere.

To sum this up, I think we can be hopeful with this teams future and still feel Wilson isn’t going to be the answer. If he is, great, if not we can still put together a solid roster in ‘22.

Good post "Not Betty".  I don't think it's time to panic about Zach.  I really do think things will slow down for him.  We can be happy about the emergence of Elijah Moore and the fairly solid play of the OL.  We're still missing a reliable TE (or two) and a #1 receiver, but we'll get those next year.

This week's game should be interesting.  We go from defending against the #32 rushing offense to the #1 rushing offense.  It could get ugly.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, BettyBoop said:

Good post "Not Betty".  I don't think it's time to panic about Zach.  I really do think things will slow down for him.  We can be happy about the emergence of Elijah Moore and the fairly solid play of the OL.  We're still missing a reliable TE (or two) and a #1 receiver, but we'll get those next year.

This week's game should be interesting.  We go from defending against the #32 rushing offense to the #1 rushing offense.  It could get ugly.

Must stack the box with at least 8 on most downs and force Hurts to beat us. Our D is not very good against the run, so we will have to commit more defenders to stopping the run.

3 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I think a lot of you here need to realize that the people “bringing down the board” are just as big Jets fans as the homers. 
A win like yesterday is a double edged sword for a lot of us. Sure we want the win, but in a season all about the #2 pick Wilson’s performance couldn’t have been more disappointing.

Personally, I’m past the point of thinking draft position, I’m hoping to see as many wins as possible and seeing the young guys develop. I’m coming around on this years draft, but I’m sorry, I think we missed badly with Wilson. I’ll leave it at that, enough people have chimed in already.

For me, the best case scenario is we finish with 5-6 wins, Wilson plays game manager like yesterday and doesn’t completely blow up the offense. If we see steady improvement on the rest of the team and finish the year with an 8-10 player core to build around, that would be great.
Next year? I know Wilson will be back, but hopefully we bring in viable competition for him. We also need to have another great draft, stay healthy, and decide on this kid by mid ‘22. If the Jets go into ‘23 doing the “let’s hope the light comes on Darnold dance” again, we’re going nowhere.

To sum this up, I think we can be hopeful with this teams future and still feel Wilson isn’t going to be the answer. If he is, great, if not we can still put together a solid roster in ‘22.

Not Betty thoughts but very nice in their own way. 

• Haha 2

The best case scenario I see right now is that over the next year JD builds a team that will be ready to win with our newly drafted QB in 2022....I think it's a good idea to trade down this year so we have multiple 1st rounders in 22 so we have ammo to move up for a QB.  Much like Becton and LT the Jets should have a back up plan if Wilson doesn't pan out in the next year. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, undertow said:

The best case scenario I see right now is that over the next year JD builds a team that will be ready to win with our newly drafted QB in 2022....I think it's a good idea to trade down this year so we have multiple 1st rounders in 22 so we have ammo to move up for a QB.  Much like Becton and LT the Jets should have a back up plan if Wilson doesn't pan out in the next year. 

The Jets are not drafting a QB in 2022.

6 minutes ago, peebag said:

Yes, you're correct.  There going to draft another QB in 2022.

Yes you are correct.  The Jets are going to let Zach Wilson play like he has this year for the next 25 games and give no thought to drafting a QB in 2022....he get at least 50 games to figure out how to connect on a 5 yard swing pass. 23 i mean. lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, undertow said:

Yes you are correct.  The Jets are going to let Zach Wilson play like he has this year for the next 25 games and give no thought to drafting a QB in 2022....he get at least 50 games to figure out how to connect on a 5 yard swing pass.

so you're suggesting giving up on the 2nd overall pick after 1 season with one of the youngest and crappiest teams assembled ever, that had a rookie HC with multiple starters out for extended periods of time?  That instead of using a high 2022 draft pick for helping said QB perform better, we bring in another rookie qb in a rather weak QB draft class to compete for the starting role?

I'm not down for that and I don't think the Jets are either.

• Upvote 1

I think we have to root for wins.  Only the most ridiculous of us believes they are starting over for 2022.  Since these guys are here, there are two choices:  1. They are decent in the draft and win some games based on the 2021 picks which seem like they might be good to very good.  2.  They suck at the draft and we are drafting at the top and will probably **** up the draft again.  

I prefer to have a guy that can draft picking later than a guy that can't draft picking early.  We saw what Maccagnan got us, I am praying for much better.   I know that everybody thinks that you need to pick #1 overall to find a QB, but the last super bowl won by a player that the Jets could not have drafted without moving up was Eli Manning in January 2012.   That is unless you count Wentz at #2 overall for the game that Foles won.  Yes Peyton went #1 overall, but he was also a FA.  So was Brady who also went in the 6th.  Three of the last 4 MVPs were QBs that were sitting there when the Jets selected.  All three in drafts where the Jets picked a QB.

49 minutes ago, undertow said:

Yes you are correct.  The Jets are going to let Zach Wilson play like he has this year for the next 25 games and give no thought to drafting a QB in 2022....he get at least 50 games to figure out how to connect on a 5 yard swing pass. 23 i mean. lol

Holy crap.. where do you people come from? This might be the most uniformed take I have ever seen.  So the Jets will give millions and millions to their number 2 pick, and after 6 games decide.. they have seen enough?  after 6 games?  JD has plenty more positions to draft with the capital he has and the holes left to fill.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Top 30 Talk Too Much GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

• Haha 1