2022 New York Mets thread

Scott Dierking

7 hours ago, Grandy said:

That sounds like an awesome experience man. Was watching with pops at home and you could feel the energy from there.

From a baseball standpoint it was amazing. From a game experience standpoint it was terrrrrrible. CitiField was so unprepared, getting anything to eat or drink was impossible unless you were prepared to miss 2-3 innings waiting on line. 

• Upvote 1

When you evaluate it esp with the Mets in recent years you could argue that the most important component of a successful team is the bullpen. When Edwin Diaz was terrible the Mets had probs winning and competing. Without him this year they wouldn’t be close to first place. Tonight the team played a good game until the bottom of ninth when Trevor May nearly blew a big lead. 

On 8/16/2022 at 9:49 AM, RutgersJetFan said:

The Braves trolling the Mets by playing Narco is, by far, the lamest sh*t I have ever seen a baseball organization do. 

It's not trolling.  One of their batters uses that song as his "at-bat song" (or whatever it's called). 

10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's not trolling.  One of their batters uses that song as his "at-bat song" (or whatever it's called). 

How long has he been using it for? If she is has been using it all along and then this young player chooses it as well than I do think that’s lame.

10 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

How long has he been using it for? If she is has been using it all along and then this young player chooses it as well than I do think that’s lame.

Not sure but Gary and Keith have talked about it on the telecast.

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Oh please

I don't see what's so unusual about 2 different players liking the same song.  Billy Wagner used "Enter Sandman", despite it being associated more with Mariano Rivera.  (Though I think I remember hearing that Wagner used it first).

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't see what's so unusual about 2 different players liking the same song.  Billy Wagner used "Enter Sandman", despite it being associated more with Mariano Rivera.  (Though I think I remember hearing that Wagner used it first).

Enter Sandman was a smash hit. Narco was an obscure techno song that everyone in baseball knows is Diaz’s. This is a stupid argument. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Enter Sandman was a smash hit. Narco was an obscure techno song that everyone in baseball knows is Diaz’s. This is a stupid argument. 

Diaz doesn't own that song.  Any player can use it.  And there are like 750 players in MLB.  It's no surprise that there would be overlaps.

On 8/17/2022 at 6:13 AM, JiFapono said:

This is my fault 

Nice to get back in the win column last night, but the two game slide was on me, not you.  Wife's first day back at school was Monday and all staff had to wear orange shirts.  She didn't have any the right color, so she wore my 7 Line t-shirt from a few years back.  I just knew that allowing a non-believer to wear Mets colors in season was not going to end well.  Monday was just staff, first day of school was yesterday.  She wore a normal shirt, balance was restored to the universe and the Mets won.

Monday and Tuesday was my fault.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Are we really arguing about walk-up music?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

Nice to get back in the win colun last night, but the two game slide was on me, not you.  Wife's first day back at school was Monday and all staff had to wear orange shirts.  She didn't have any the right color, so she wore my 7 Line t-shirt from a few years back.  I just knew that allowing a non-believer to wear Mets colors in season was not going to end well.  Monday was just staff, first day of school was yesterday.  She wore a normal shirt, balance was restored to the universe and the Mets won.

Monday and Tuesday was my fault.

Thank goodnees.....finally a sane answer.?

Well, that was interesting. Was traveling today, so I only caught bits and pieces of the game on my app in the airport. I am guessing there was a rain delay. We were down 7-4 when my flight left. When I landed it was 8-7 headed to the 9th.

Very thoughtful of American Aitlines making us sit in the tarmac for 30 minutes waiting for a gate. Allowed me to see the 9th inning.

A couple of soul crushing losses we have delivered to the Phils this season.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

On 8/21/2022 at 6:24 AM, JiFapono said:

The Braves are on fire again, the Mets are not, and my PSTD is kicking in and I officially have fear of a collapse.

My feeling is that the Braves are due for a cold streak.  And this year has a different feel for this Mets' team.  But even if the Mets do collapse, the good news is that we're no longer a franchise that's afraid to spend money.  And we're probably going to get Stearns this offseason (despite Eppler doing a great job this year).  As a fanbase, we should no longer have to worry that we're only going to have 1-2 good seasons per decade anymore.  There's no reason the Mets shouldn't be a good team year in and year out now. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

My feeling is that the Braves are due for a cold streak.  And this year has a different feel for this Mets' team.  But even if the Mets do collapse, the good news is that we're no longer a franchise that's afraid to spend money.  And we're probably going to get Stearns this offseason (despite Eppler doing a great job this year).  As a fanbase, we should no longer have to worry that we're only going to have 1-2 good seasons per decade anymore.  There's no reason the Mets shouldn't be a good team year in and year out now. 

True and honestly, the way the Mets fought till the bitter end last night and pulled off that win (and have done that numerous times this year), does make it feel like a different year but again, it's PTSD, I just cant help to start puckering up this time in the season.

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

True and honestly, the way the Mets fought till the bitter end last night and pulled off that win (and have done that numerous times this year), does make it feel like a different year but again, it's PTSD, I just cant help to start puckering up this time in the season.

It's understandable.  In some ways I feel the same way.  Heck, I still never feel confident in Edwin Diaz, despite his outstanding season.   But, again, the thing that makes me feel better is that Cohen isn't afraid to do what it takes to win.  

• Upvote 1