2022 New York Mets thread

Scott Dierking

20 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think it's too soon to declare that.  Obviously Scherzer going on the 15 day IL is going to hurt and Braves are playing lights-out baseball (and are the defending champs).  OTOH, we're still 34 games over .500 (only the Astros and Dodgers have a better record) and we have an easy schedule.  It doesn't look great right now but you never know the ups-and-downs in a baseball season.  The Braves are probably due to cool off at some point.  And the Mets might play better now that their backs are against the wall.  Even if it comes down to the final 3 in Atlanta (which would be a lot of fun), Scherzer could be back by then and potentially Jake might pitch in that series too.

They're steady getting blowout by the worst teams in baseball.  Nobody can hit, nobody has power, if deGrom or Max isnt on the mound, they're basically ****ed.  Meanwhile, the Braves look like the best team in baseball again and are getting hot at the right time, doing what great teams are supposed to do, mash on sh*tty teams.

It's not even about the division anymore quite frankly which I highly doubt will come down to that final series as I think the Braves will be well ahead by that time. It's about the constant tanking down the stretch with this franchise.  I dont even understand how it continues to happen.  They'll go limping into the post-season and get ******* smoked, they cant hit and they have no power.  It's a bad recipe. 

3 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

They're steady getting blowout by the worst teams in baseball.  Nobody can hit, nobody has power, if deGrom or Max isnt on the mound, they're basically ****ed.  Meanwhile, the Braves look like the best team in baseball again and are getting hot at the right time, doing what great teams are supposed to do, mash on sh*tty teams.

It's not even about the division anymore quite frankly which I highly doubt will come down to that final series as I think the Braves will be well ahead by that time. It's about the constant tanking down the stretch with this franchise.  I dont even understand how it continues to happen.  They'll go limping into the post-season and get ******* smoked, they cant hit and they have no power.  It's a bad recipe. 

I hear you but sports are crazy.  Teams that are red hot can go cold.  Teams that have their backs against the wall can suddenly find a way.  Odds are that the Mets are going to get some wins against these crappy teams.  Maybe this is just a bad stretch.  We're still a team that's 34 games over .500 (even though Scherzer, who is a big part, is out now).

5 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I hear you but sports are crazy.  Teams that are red hot can go cold.  Teams that have their backs against the wall can suddenly find a way.  Odds are that the Mets are going to get some wins against these crappy teams.  Maybe this is just a bad stretch.  We're still a team that's 34 games over .500 (even though Scherzer, who is a big part, is out now).

I dont share your optimism.  This is all too familiar and there is nothing that I see that makes me believe this ending will be any different than any other team.  The Braves are better than they were last year, they're not slowing down, they're just heating up.   

4 hours ago, JiFapono said:

I dont not share you optimism.  This is all too familiar and there is nothing that I see that makes me believe this ending will be any different than any other team.  The Braves are better than they were last year, they're not slowing down, they're just heating up.   

i agree with this assessment......and trust me this doesn't make me happy. it sucks to see them finally be good again just to blow it all in the last 2 weeks. i guess at least now there is a chance because of the wildcard.....but jesus f*cking christ am i sick of this same old sh*t with the mets. i was 10 ******* years old in '86 and it's the only time i've ever seen either of my teams win anything. meanwhile i've had to watch the giants and yankees rack up championships. kinda sucks

On 9/7/2022 at 10:36 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

DeGrom is just a machine. He’s really taken the way he uses his curve and changeup up a whole other level this year. Have to wonder if that’s why he’s been progressing so efficiently since coming back. 

No sense responding to Neck Demon since he appears to be enjoying the Mets cold streak. On a positive note, Guillorme went 2-3 last night, so I expect him back in the next week. McGill also had another spotless outing. 
Vientos would be a nice call up to replace our struggling DH Ruff. 

7 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Is it too late for Vientos to play in the postseason (should he play well?)

Wasn’t Vientos recently on the DL?

Postseason Roster Rules & Eligibility

Definition

In a typical season, any player who is on the 40-man roster or 60-day injured list as of 11:59 p.m. ET on Aug. 31 is eligible for the postseason.

Those on the restricted list at that point are also eligible if they haven't been suspended for performance-enhancing drugs during that season. (All players who have served a suspension for PEDs in a given season are ineligible for postseason play that year.)

A player who doesn't meet said criteria for postseason eligibility can still be added to a team's roster in the postseason via petition to the Commissioner's Office if the player was in the organization on Aug. 31 and is replacing someone who is on the injured list and has served the minimum amount of time required for activation. (For example, a player on the 10-day injured list who has been on it for at least 10 days, or a player who has been on the 60-day injured list for at least 60 days.) Players who are acquired in September or after are ineligible.

18 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Is it too late for Vientos to play in the postseason (should he play well?)

Vientos goes 0-5 with 2K’s BUT Mets win easily 9-3. 
Braves losing 4-1 in 5th

22 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Good to hear, they need some type of injection of energy! 

23 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

• Upvote 1

Stretch drive time. Good to see the bats wake up. Reinforcements with Guillorme and May due back tomorrow. Megill should be shortly. Scherzer should be when he is eligible, and hopefully Marte too.

You know those Braves, which scare the Dickens out of me because I am conditioned that way?  They are 28-32 vs teams with a greater than .500 record. Mets are 39-30. 

Heard there was a football game?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

Stretch drive time. Good to see the bats wake up. Reinforcements with Guillorme and May due back tomorrow. Megill should be shortly. Scherzer should be when he is eligible, and hopefully Marte too.

You know those Braves, which scare the Dickens out of me because I am conditioned that way?  They are 28-32 vs teams with a greater than .500 record. Mets are 39-30. 

Thank you, Seattle!  

Braves go Giants, we go Cubs then Braves go Phils, we go Pirates?   Pretty big week here.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Was more of a scrimmage 

On 9/10/2022 at 12:26 PM, 32EBoozer said:

No sense responding to Neck Demon since he appears to be enjoying the Mets cold streak. On a positive note, Guillorme went 2-3 last night, so I expect him back in the next week. McGill also had another spotless outing. 
Vientos would be a nice call up to replace our struggling DH Ruff. 

Truth hurts huh?? 

14 hours ago, neckdemon said:

Truth hurts huh?? 

I'm sorry.... how was I hurt? The only pain I suffer from is the pain in the ass you are! I looked back and have seen no posts from you prior to the Mets struggling. I went back to August 1st and nothing when the Mets were playing well. Now all of a sudden you show up in the last couple of weeks with nothing but negativity. You are not a Mets fan, but a TROLL!

7 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

I'm sorry.... how was I hurt? The only pain I suffer from is the pain in the ass you are! I looked back and have seen no posts from you prior to the Mets struggling. I went back to August 1st and nothing when the Mets were playing well. Now all of a sudden you show up in the last couple of weeks with nothing but negativity. You are not a Mets fan, but a TROLL!

Sounds like you spent more time than you should have worrying about my posting habits. I really don't even post on the Jets forums all that much anymore. Anyway, if I'm a troll as you say, you're certainly feeding me now aren't you, lol

8 hours ago, neckdemon said:

Sounds like you spent more time than you should have worrying about my posting habits. I really don't even post on the Jets forums all that much anymore. Anyway, if I'm a troll as you say, you're certainly feeding me now aren't you, lol

It’s pretty simple to do a Content search in jet nation. If it took me more than two minutes I’d be surprised. You do you And I will keep rooting for the Mets and enjoy the playoffs regardless of the division title.

7 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

It’s pretty simple to do a Content search in jet nation. If it took me more than two minutes I’d be surprised. You do you And I will keep rooting for the Mets and enjoy the playoffs regardless of the division title.

oh i've been rooting for them every year since 1983 or 1984. that won't change