2022 New York Mets thread

Scott Dierking

7 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It’s really hard to fathom that they hit on this many moves in one offseason. 

Agreed.... Marte, Bassitt, Canha, Escobar, Ottavino, Scherzer have all been solid contributors. Some more than others.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, faba said:

Have we  a GM and manager  that actually know what to do-yes so far

First piece of the puzzle is an owner that gives them the tools in order to succeed and a checkbook to fulfill their wishlist. God only knows how much other GMs were hamstrung by ownership vetoing moves or setting a tight budget/

• Upvote 4

15 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Agreed.... Marte, Bassitt, Canha, Escobar, Ottavino, Scherzer have all been solid contributors. Some more than others.

Canha is the type of pain-in-the-ass player that all championship level teams seem to have in some shape or form. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

On 4/27/2022 at 11:55 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

Canha is the type of pain-in-the-ass player that all championship level teams seem to have in some shape or form. 

He is a Ray Knight type. Gives you good at bats and stitches together a line-up. Hopefully the power emerges.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JiFapono said:

NO HITTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I spent 4 hours last night watching and waiting for two names to be read.  Was on the draft zoom call last night with @section314, who made some metnion of the Mets, so I decided to check my mlb app, just in time to see Diaz get the last out.

Two no-hitters in franchise history and I missed them both (went to the movies on the Friday night Santana pitched his).

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Lith said:

And I spent 4 hours last night watching and waiting for two names to be read.  Was on the draft zoom call last night with @section314, who made some metnion of the Mets, so I decided to check my mlb app, just in time to see Diaz get the last out.

Two no-hitters in franchise history and I missed them both (went to the movies on the Friday night Santana pitched his).

Thankfully a friend texted me at the end of the eighth. I was able to see Diaz light up the fills for the final three outs. Despite the Umpire Delaying the start of the ninth inning due to line up confusion… Diaz was able to hold it together and throw some nasty heat.

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Thankfully a friend texted me at the end of the eighth. I was able to see Diaz light up the fills for the final three outs. Despite the Umpire Delaying the start of the ninth inning due to line up confusion… Diaz was able to hold it together and throw some nasty heat.

Guy still scares the crap out of me.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

It really was almost like a non event for me. I knew at the end of 5 innings what was going on, but never felt “anxious” about the event. Weird. As you watched the game, never did you say this is a masterpiece in process. Phillies were fouling so many pitches. It really was some bad hitting and approach by them. Mist pitches thrown in a no hitter in history. Just a weird game in a sport where you always see something new. 

8 hours ago, Lith said:

Never turn a Mets game off this season.  

haha that's twice now, 9 times out 10 I'd turn it off, for some reason just kept in on, distracted with other sh*t and then it started happening and I was like WTF, who is this team?!?!?!?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

It’s only May, and there’s a whole lot of baseball left, but this team feels different. Jankowski, Cahna, Marte, Escobar and Sherzer are instant energy. So glad Cano is gone. No way Wilpons cut him loose with so much money owed!

Our new owner wants to win as much as we do

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Wow! Philly announcers “ Over last 25 seasons Mets 0-330 when trailing by 6 runs or more in the 9th inning!

This is a different type of team!

Pretty good night for you last night.  Got to see the Rangers get the W and that game ended just after the 9th inning started.  Hope you flipped over to the Mets in time for teh fun.

41 minutes ago, Lith said:

Pretty good night for you last night.  Got to see the Rangers get the W and that game ended just after the 9th inning started.  Hope you flipped over to the Mets in time for teh fun.

I did.... I record all the games anyway. I had turned the game off early when 7-1 in 5th. Came back in the 9th and was like:

shocked will ferrell GIF by Anchorman Movie

Rewinded to the start of the 9th and thoroughly enjoyed.

As for the Rangers.... when we gave up that Crosby goal near the end of the 2nd I was pissed. Panarin was a force last night as was the forechecking. Ryan Reaves was giving the body all night!  Shesterkin is playing well for the most part. A few soft goals allowed but also some "stand on your head" saves!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Lith said:

Definitely worth taking two minutes out of your morning to rewatch this.

All things considered, Gary was pretty much under control.😁 When you see something like this, I harken back to what the great Earl Weaver said after game #5. To Paraphrase " this is what makes baseball the greatest game of all. you can't run the ball into the line to try to kill the clock. you have to throw the **ball over the ** plate, get 27 outs, and give the other guy his chance." Just hope they don't get rained out tonight. Want the Phillies to have get out there right away and face Max.

• Upvote 2

Another solid outing by a Mets starter. Scored 3 early, tacked on a late inning run and we take another series. Bullpen solid, good defense on the double play at 3rd, good base running. A lot to like about this team. Everyone contributing 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

On to Seattle and thankfully Kelenic sucks & Diaz pitching well. 

JARRED KELENIC

Mariners

2022 SEASON STATS

AVG  .140

HR  3

RBI 10

OPS .509

Kelenic has been so bad I'd almost forgotten he was the guy we traded away.  

Yes, thank goodness he sucks.  

• Like 1