2022 New York Mets thread

Scott Dierking

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Kelenic has been so bad I'd almost forgotten he was the guy we traded away.  

Yes, thank goodness he sucks.  

Nimmo, Cahna, Escobar, Marte and even Jankowski are all playing way better than Kelenic. 

Bring back Brody!! Oh wait…. Cano 🤮

• Upvote 1

I know the Mets are playing good baseball but I can’t see them being able to overcome losing to injury the best two starters in MLB. Those kind of pitchers don’t grow on trees and the Mets know their best chance to compete at the top of the league and their strategy was with those two pitchers. The only reason they got Scherzer is they double overpaid him which was ok with the owner who was trying to buy a ring. Think twice before you pay that much money to a pitcher. He also way overpaid Lindor who is a good player but not great. 

2 hours ago, section314 said:

May finally be healthy. Hit 96 his last time out. Petterson has really manned up this year so far.

It seems like they’re trying to avoid it if possible until Megill gets back. If the offense can keep this up for another week I wonder if they hold off. I’d like to see the guy called up already it’s been like 6 years. Even if it’s just for a few innings work in a start or two.

I wonder if any of us ever fathomed being this thankful that they got Cookie in the Lindor deal.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It seems like they’re trying to avoid it if possible until Megill gets back. If the offense can keep this up for another week I wonder if they hold off. I’d like to see the guy called up already it’s been like 6 years. Even if it’s just for a few innings work in a start or two.

I wonder if any of us ever fathomed being this thankful that they got Cookie in the Lindor deal.

Have to be honest here....Michael Kay, who you either love or can't stand, depending on the day, said that Mets fans ought to be thrilled that they got him in that deal. As he put it then....."he's way more than a throw in."

50 minutes ago, section314 said:

Have to be honest here....Michael Kay, who you either love or can't stand, depending on the day, said that Mets fans ought to be thrilled that they got him in that deal. As he put it then....."he's way more than a throw in."

Amen to that. If they can get McGill back sooner than later, Bassit-McGill-Cookie-Peterson isn’t ideal but it’s also not god awful to get them into mid July.

I’m popping in from the Yankees thread. Holy sh*t, the Mets are fun. What a start to the season for New York baseball. It’s so much fun when both teams are playing well. 

• Upvote 2

This game has been phenomenal. 8-2 deficit to an 11-8 lead and now tied.   One of the best I've seen in a very long time.   2022 NYM are fun.

11-11 top of the 9th runner on 3d one out.  Lets Go.

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Ive been watching since the 2nd inning.  Glued to the TV

What an epic NY sports night. I don’t really give a sh*t about hockey but it’s cool that the Rangers are making noise.

16 minutes ago, faba said:

Degrom throws with no issues fingers crossed and sweep the Phils

Don't look now, but the Braves are now in 2nd place. Still 7 1/2 back, but they keep hangin around. They are the only threat to the Mets. 

23 hours ago, section314 said:

Don't look now, but the Braves are now in 2nd place. Still 7 1/2 back, but they keep hangin around. They are the only threat to the Mets. 

8.5 GB No lead safe-this early in season.

Great win last night after Ottavino grooves a FB to a slumping FB hitter 💩

Need to feast on Nats before difficult WC swing with LA, SD & surprising Angels

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

8.5 GB No lead safe-this early in season.

Great win last night after Ottavino grooves a FB to a slumping FB hitter 💩

Need to feast on Nats before difficult WC swing with LA, SD & surprising Angels

Angels have ben slumping a little lately. Would be happy with a .500 road trip. After this trip, only one more series out west, and that is against Oakland. Nice to get those series out of the way and not have to do them during the dog days. June is a gauntlet of a schedule though. 

• Upvote 2

I know it’s early and it’s a long season. And the Mets had a good start last year until they crashed. And their two top starters are indefinitely out. And the team is hitting 40 points over last season and so far no team slumps. But you have to like what you’re seeing from this manager. They had a mic on Alonso last night and he made a few interesting comments. He said Buck will use analytics but will also go with hunches. And he’s got the experience to trust his judgment. We’ve also seen Buck stick up for the team when opponents hitting Mets batters. Plus on the field he seems to have a good rapport with players and says good things about them. And some of his hunches are on players. He likes role players and guys who fit in in the clubhouse. So far it’s working with guys like Guillorme, Jankowski, etc. In a way it reminds me of Belichick. I don’t want to go overboard because things can change fast but so far he’s the right guy at the right time. 

• Upvote 1