Why are we being so friggin impatient with Zach?

LSJF

29 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

You sure? 
I was told that only a scrub like Wilson could throw for less than 200 yards in 2021. 

So weird, JN is giving me a notification that you quoted me and it send me here, but very clearly it's not me you are quoting.

Also, since I'm here, who told you "only Wilson could throw for less than 200 yards in 2021"? 

Honestly curious who made that claim.  

15 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

There are simply too many people that were against Zach being drafted and dug in...

So they can only see the bad and never see the good.

The thing is they don't even realize that's what they're doing...Their bias is so engrained they're simply incapable of even recognizing the positive.

No bias when it comes to you, is that right?  Pure, strait objectivity. :-k

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

So, not sure why all the division among fans. Two things can be simultaneously true 

1) No one is advocating cutting Zach or writing him totally off

2) But also acknowledging Zach has been really bad while he has been on the field. 

I see posters who want to act like Zach is fine, denying reality, and other over dramatic folks comparing him to Hackneberg

It's somewhere in between. 

Both 1 and 2 are incorrect.

There are multiple people not just saying it, but starting threads about drafting a new QB next year (writing him off totally)

He hasn't been solely bad.  He's had good moments and some bad ones.  He's a young rookie, on a very young team.  Expecting him to play lights out doesn't mean he's been "Really bad"

While Zach has plenty of problems he needs to work through - he has had some very nice moments, where you can see progress and potential.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Wit said:

Mostly because the entire season is about his development. They clearly had one plan going in and called an audible and changed it. That being said, its nice that we know what we have in Moore and Carter on offense, whom would not have developed as well if Zach stayed in all season. That doesnt mean Zach is bad, he is playing similarly to lance, fields, and lawerence at this stage. Mac Jones is the clear winner, but maybe thats Nick Saban preparing him for the big leagues? I dont know, and it doesnt matter. 

I believe that if Mac was in the same situation as Zach, fields, Lawrence he wouldn’t be nearly as good. Currently he has a fantastic HC and OC who have been together for what 20 years? Stability helps a lot with developing players. He has a giant leg up in this department compared to the other rookie qbs. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

He had these accuracy and ball placement issues in college.  It was there to see, most people were blinded by the off-platform stuff and neglected to acknowledge the deficiencies.  

This is categorically incorrect.

I watched every ball the kid threw in college...and accuracy surely was NOT one of his issue, long short and mid-range were thrown about as accurately as I've seen from a college QB on a consistent basis.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

34 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No bias when it comes to you, is that right?  Pure, strait objectivity. :-k

Exactly.

I mean, I like the kid.  I like his skill-set and his attitude....

and I've also recognized and have been quite honest about his play when it's warranted.

Just like yesterday, I recognize his first two drives were bad - 1 for 5 with an INT...and it was an ugly 1 for 5...

but after that he went 13-19 (with a couple of drops) making big throws in key moments, not forcing anything, checking down at times and throwing the ball away other times (that is progress) while not exceptional by any means - he did what was necessary to win.

Not recognizing that is the problem I have with the hate at all costs types...

This short ball thing is a really big problem - he HAS to fix that - but overall he has, in fact, been getting better.  He's not making huge strides, which should not be expected, specifically on a team so and coaching staff so young.  But, to me, the progress is clear.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Except no one is saying this except you to rag on people.  None of them who said that

Look, I don’t make the rules, Jet Nut. If the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio wants to honor Mike White by putting Mike White’s jersey on display next to the likes of Bart Starr, Roger Staubach, Joe Montana, Johnny Unitas, and Joe Namath, that’s on them. Just because Mike White was celebrated in those hallowed halls before Tom Brady doesn’t mean you have to get upset with me. Maybe write a tersely-worded letter to Jim Porter, the esteemed President of the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio and ask him to remove the game-worn jersey of Mike White, although I can’t imagine why a big-time Jets fan like you would want to see a Jets Jersey physically removed from the PFHOF in Canton simply because it overshadows the accomplishments of Zach Wilson—who is by far the league’s worst quarterback as measured by every available statistic. Go on and write your letter, but it won’t change the history, Jet Nut. Not even your online vitriol can erase what happened on that day. We remember. History remembers. Mike White made history.

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So weird, JN is giving me a notification that you quoted me and it send me here, but very clearly it's not me you are quoting.

Also, since I'm here, who told you "only Wilson could throw for less than 200 yards in 2021"? 

Honestly curious who made that claim.  

It’s cuz I accidentally quoted you and then edited it out. 

Actually, the person who told me that was my bills fan brother, but I’ve seen similar sentiment in a number of posts on here 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Look, I don’t make the rules, Jet Nut. If the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio wants to honor Mike White by putting Mike White’s jersey on display next to the likes of Bart Starr, Roger Staubach, Joe Montana, Johnny Unitas, and Joe Namath, that’s on them. Just because Mike White was celebrated in those hallowed halls before Tom Brady doesn’t mean you have to get upset with me. Maybe write a tersely-worded letter to Jim Porter, the esteemed President of the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio and ask him to remove the game-worn jersey of Mike White, although I can’t imagine why a big-time Jets fan like you would want to see a Jets Jersey physically removed from the PFHOF in Canton simply because it overshadows the accomplishments of Zach Wilson—who is by far the league’s worst quarterback as measured by every available statistic. Go on and write your letter, but it won’t change the history, Jet Nut. Not even your online vitriol can erase what happened on that day. We remember. History remembers. Mike White made history.

My Quite Army!!!!!!!!!1

#MikeBlancoCinco

• Sympathy 1

You cant be pro or anti zach.  Hes played 6 full games.  People have completely lost their minds.  Has he looked good?  No, not even close.  Does that mean anything?  No, not all all.

Hes got 6 more games this year and 17 next year.  Then we can come to some conclusions.  But making a decision on him after 6 games is just dumb.  But we are talking jet fans here so not surprising.

Good thing we have an extremely patient GM and HC who will see this through for at minimum another 23 games.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1

11 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Why is “one game” in quotes? It was one game 

Browning Nagle once had a great game, as well (and  I think he even averaged more than 3.7 yards of depth per attempt) 

Fair point on Nagle. But if you want to play the NAGLE CARD, Nagle—through his first seven starts—had a better QB rating, more TDs, and fewer picks than Zach Wilson, though Zach has him beat on Y/A 6.4 to 6.1, so at least he has literally one foot to hang his hat on.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Fair point on Nagle. But if you want to play the NAGLE CARD, Nagle—through his first seven starts—had a better QB rating, more TDs, and fewer picks than Zach Wilson, though Zach has him beat on Y/A 6.4 to 6.1, so at least he has literally one foot to hang his hat on.

I mean, the point isn’t that Wilson is good, the point is that white isn’t good just because of one flukey game in which he dumped it off to running backs all day and had like 200 YAC from his receivers.

3 hours ago, LSJF said:

He's a rookie, so, who is kicking butt as a rookie, besides the two usual suspects....

Listen we can start discussing Zach as a prospect when he stops dirting screen passes and 3 yard crossers.  Until then he is absolutely brutal no discussion.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You cant be pro or anti zach.  Hes played 6 full games.  People have completely lost their minds.  Has he looked good?  No, not even close.  Does that mean anything?  No, not all all.

Hes got 6 more games this year and 17 next year.  Then we can come to some conclusions.  But making a decision on him after 6 games is just dumb.  But we are talking jet fans here so not surprising.

Good thing we have an extremely patient GM and HC who will see this through for at minimum another 23 games.

He literally shouldn’t have been starting until around this point of the season anyway.

Coming out of college the way he did, should have warranted at least half the season to watch and learn.

Let’s see how he finishes out the season (most likely meh)…and how next year with a full off season + improved roster goes.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I mean, the point isn’t that Wilson is good, the point is that white isn’t good just because of one flukey game in which he dumped it off to running backs all day and had like 200 YAC from his receivers.

What if they produced this YAC simply because the passes were on time and accurate?

24 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Most sane thing said

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

This is categorically incorrect.

I watched every ball the kid threw in college...and accuracy surely was NOT one of his issue, long short and mid-range were thrown about as accurately as I've seen from a college QB on a consistent basis.

Ball placement on catches was an issue. You have to keep in mind he never faced any pressure really and was playing weak comp. Ball placement was flagged a ton by Matt Waldman who is one of the better QB internet scouts out there. When guys are going to the ground or over extending to catch passes when they are open it’s not good. I think overall he does have a foundation of talent that can end up working. He shouldn’t be afraid to run more as long as he knows how to get down like Murray does.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

When your team runs about 4.5 yards per carry and gets around 150 yards on the ground the QB generally throws for between 150-200 yards at best and most scores are on the ground. I am starting to think most people who watch and comment on these games whether it be fans and or media just don't understand the game. It's one of those things where maybe those people shouldn't think since they are not used to it.

This 100%. 

57 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Great, so we won't see any posts from you about Zach till the end of 2022, when it's the right time to start talking about Zach.  Got it.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I could care less that his shirt for one game is in the HOF.  Hardly puts him on a par with the likes of Bart Starr, Roger Staubach, Joe Montana, Johnny Unitas, and Joe Namath in any way shape or form.   

Or makes him anything more than a possible backup QB to ZW

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Has he looked good? Yes, at times. Second half of Carolina, Tennessee, early NE. He was 13/19 after starting 1/5 yesterday. Again, I don’t think you guys remember how awful the entire offense was early in the year. Wilson was a freaking victim the first month of the season. 

• Thumb Down 1