Mimsy will be back on Wednesday!!

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

When reading the name "Mimsy" does anyone else think about it in an English accent?  (like "Mumsy")

Lol 

If he can overcome whatever is going on it would be great.  During the Houston game with Moore wasted on the outside I kept thinking how nice it would be if Mims would become what he can.  

4 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Lol 

If he can overcome whatever is going on it would be great.  During the Houston game with Moore wasted on the outside I kept thinking how nice it would be if Mims would become what he can.  

I think I remember you.  Were you the guy who signed up after the Jets drafted Zach and started rooting for this franchise?  (I assume because you're from Provo, Utah).  If so, what is your take on Zach so far?  And also of Jet fans on this forum and in general?

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think I remember you.  Were you the guy who signed up after the Jets drafted Zach and started rooting for this franchise?  (I assume because you're from Provo, Utah).  If so, what is your take on Zach so far?  And also of Jet fans on this forum and in general?

Yeah. 

Positives: I think Zach looks really comfortable and dangerous against zones he understands. I hope as he gets more reps he’ll look like this more often.  I think he will be good.  

Negatives: 

He always had some bad easy throws, but there are more now.  I think he nailed it when he said he’s aiming.   It seemed more natural in college, but he knew the college game so well he wasn’t thinking.  

I expect that to drop to 1-2 worm burners a game.  He has uncanny accuracy with a few of those I don’t get mixed in once he’s in rhythm.  His percentages will go up and he’ll be fine. 

For most coverages, it’s still moving too fast for him.  When it slows down I think most people will be impressed.

Here is some food for the “haters” (who are fine and reasonable good dudes, but must be my forum enemies - even though they don’t know who I am and probably have me on ignore lol)

- this is me reading into stuff from watching him on the sidelines in college and on Sunday (there were lots of BYU fans there in Jets gear btw - I know the signs lol).   Zach doesn’t like his teammates and they don’t like him.  He doesn’t fake things and doesn’t seem to overreact, so I expect it to be ok and professional but the team gravitated around him at BYU.

He’s not fake, he lost the team when White had a big game and they lost him by calling for White.  I’m interested to see if that changes, but it’s probably fine if not.  They are all pros.   Maybe I’m missing something and making it up but that’s what I saw.  If he becomes an NFL stud that will fix itself.  Also, there were a couple plays he thought the receivers screwed things up and he’s starting to get pissed.  Early in the year I never saw it, but I saw it on Sunday.  

But he was 110% in the game mentally and not concerned about the slow start.  You can’t coach that.  He’s a gamer.  

Forum:

dropping the forum Schtick for a moment…

I’m an ass.  I actually like almost all the posters including those I give a hard time to like @T0mShane today.   I know that won’t be mutual cause there is not way to show tone in text.  

I wasn’t planning on becoming a Jets fan but the self loathing was so funny and relatable.   I lurked from January to a couple months after the draft.  I’ll keep following the Jets after Zach is gone, but I hope Zach becomes the savior.  Y’all are due lol.  I also hate the Jets and think they suck.  I do consider myself a Jets fan.  

I have shot the sh!t with tons of Jets fans I’ve seen around town this last year and I’ve loved it every time. I’ve walked away thinking “that’s a good dude and we’d be good buddies if we were neighbors, but we’d probably be message board enemies” cause nobody is sold on Zach like I am lol.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Yeah. 

Positives: I think Zach looks really comfortable and dangerous against zones he understands. I hope as he gets more reps he’ll look like this more often.  I think he will be good.  

Negatives: 

He always had some bad easy throws, but there are more now.  I think he nailed it when he said he’s aiming.   It seemed more natural in college, but he knew the college game so well he wasn’t thinking.  

I expect that to drop to 1-2 worm burners a game.  He has uncanny accuracy with a few of those I don’t get mixed in once he’s in rhythm.  His percentages will go up and he’ll be fine. 

For most coverages, it’s still moving too fast for him.  When it slows down I think most people will be impressed.

Here is some food for the “haters” (who are fine and reasonable good dudes, but must be my forum enemies - even though they don’t know who I am and probably have me on ignore lol)

- this is me reading into stuff from watching him on the sidelines in college and on Sunday (there were lots of BYU fans there in Jets gear btw - I know the signs lol).   Zach doesn’t like his teammates and they don’t like him.  He doesn’t fake things and doesn’t seem to overreact, so I expect it to be ok and professional but the team gravitated around him at BYU.

He’s not fake, he lost the team when White had a big game and they lost him by calling for White.  I’m interested to see if that changes, but it’s probably fine if not.  They are all pros.   Maybe I’m missing something and making it up but that’s what I saw.  If he becomes an NFL stud that will fix itself.  Also, there were a couple plays he thought the receivers screwed things up and he’s starting to get pissed.  Early in the year I never saw it, but I saw it on Sunday.  

But he was 110% in the game mentally and not concerned about the slow start.  You can’t coach that.  He’s a gamer.  

Forum:

dropping the forum Schtick for a moment…

I’m an ass.  I actually like almost all the posters including those I give a hard time to like @T0mShane today.   I know that won’t be mutual cause there is not way to show tone in text.  

I wasn’t planning on becoming a Jets fan but the self loathing was so funny and relatable.   I lurked from January to a couple months after the draft.  I’ll keep following the Jets after Zach is gone, but I hope Zach becomes the savior.  Y’all are due lol.  I also hate the Jets and think they suck.  

I have shot the sh!t with tons of Jets fans I’ve seen around town this last year and I’ve loved it every time. I’ve walked away thinking “that’s a good dude and we’d be good buddies if we were neighbors, but we’d probably be message board enemies” cause nobody is sold on Zach like I am lol.  

Great post!  Glad I asked!  :)

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Oh yeah btw I’m just joking with name - Zach’s Helen of Troy.    I live in Texas lol.  

Did you go to BYU or were/are you just a fan?  And were you a Dallas Cowboys fan and just jumped on the "Jets' bandwagon" (as if there is such a thing - lol)?

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Did you go to BYU or were/are you just a fan?  And were you a Dallas Cowboys fan and just jumped on the "Jets' bandwagon" (as if there is such a thing - lol)?

Sure I’ve got another overly candid answer lol.

Grew up an NFL, MLB, BYU fanatic, and I do have a BYU degree but I cared less about BYU sports at that time lol.  it was the childhood time that makes me feel like a fan.  I calendar BYU Football and basketball games and try to watch and attend when I can.  

I was the only one in my family that followed the NFL and MLB.  I got too busy for the NFL and MLB for a good 20 years and tried again but didn’t feel a pull for my old teams (yeah the hometown teams and I’d moved away).  

Now I’m 40 and didn’t expect to ever care about an NFL team again.  I’ve been falling down rabbit holes watching old Jets games.   I listen to Jets YouTube talk shows and stuff.  I don’t get it, but it keeps pulling me back.

On 11/30/2021 at 11:23 PM, Hal N of Provo said:

I also hate the Jets and think they suck.  I do consider myself a Jets fan.  

I didn't start hating the Jets until the mid 70's.  Welcome!  You're officially a real Jets fan.  

Love Utah.    Snowbird is one of the best ski mountains anywhere and hiking the slot canyons in Zion off season when the crowds aren't there is as good as it gets.  Great place for outdoor activities all year round.

• Upvote 1