The All Things Zach Wilson Thread: MERGED

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

So we are now going to start making excuses for Zach Wilson sucking in numerous games cause defense but Mike White has one bad game vs the best defense in football that has owned every QB they faced and it's all on Mike White ?

Where the hell does Mike White play into this. It is just an interesting note that Zach has faced consistently great pass defenses and done roughly the same as the rookie QB that is all the rage.

9 hours ago, johnnysd said:

262023905_6551743421566839_3088901707020

If you look at the DVOA of the defenses Zach has played he has played 5 of his 7 starts against the Top 6 pass defenses in the NFL. This might provide a little perspective that maybe we should be patient and not just jump ship just yet.

im a defender of Zach but let me tell you, those numbers are hero ball Zach. what we seen yesterday was some Mike White wannabe reject thats longest throw was about 22 yds Zach. 

we will never see those numbers again if we dont get hero ball Zach back. that kid yesterday looked lost trying to find the closest open receiver to him.

they took his gun and locked it away and gave him a pea shooter cause some PS guy had one really good game doing that.

every QB has there own strengths and throwing mid to deep is Zachs. he better get back to that against Phila or we are in trouble.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

That's all I'm asking for for next season, let there be a QB competition at camp, don't simply anoint  the kid as starting QB when right now there are5 QB's on the Jets radar Wilson, Flacco, Josh Johnson, White and Morgan and as of right now every one of those guys have outplayed Wilson except James Morgan who hasn't played 

The same people who blame the Jets for ruining Zach for throwing him to the wolves too early hate the idea of a young, QB2 with a proven NFL track record. They also say a guy like Minshew or Trubisky stinks yet see them as an existential threat to Zach’s career.

17 hours ago, elvispookie said:

People have no clue how the NFL is constructed. The reason for drafting a rookie QB is that they don’t eat cap space.. until their 4th/5th year. The idea is draft a QB who is good, have the money to build around them, and you can afford to make your team better. When year 4/5 comes along you should know what you have. If you don’t, the answer is simple.. get rid of him because he is only gonna bury you in cap hell.. see Sam Darnold. But you need those first 3 years to make an accurate evaluation.  Sitting him or letting Mike White play does nothing for this structure.

Exactly most of the super bowls minus Brady (who took pay cuts)  are from guys on rookie deals. 

15 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No.

Which WR is so good on the team that they should bitch about the QB?  Even Moore was invisible for the first part of the season.  Youre looking at skills and potential, not rookie numbers.  

Agreed that Moore is invisible when Zach is playing quarterback and we can’t draw any correlation from that.

3 hours ago, jgb said:

They also say a guy like Minshew or Trubisky stinks yet see them as an existential threat to Zach’s career.

Who's called them a threat?  The only call by anyone who watched them is that they suck and were dumped by their 1st teams

21 hours ago, NYJ37/12 said:

Are you seeing other rookie qb's settle in besides Jones, who walked into an established system and team?

Jones walked into a completely rebuilt team that sucked last year.  He was in a QB competition from day 1.  He won the competition outright over a veteran QB.  Nobody picked the Pats to be competiting for the playoffs this year let alone the division and a possible first round bye in the playoffs.  

Joe Borrow and Justin Herbert walked in last year and were competent from day 1.  Allen is literally the last QB who sucked in year one who has now made it.  Allen is also a physical freak.   

The reality is Jones may be the only QB from this class who doesn't wash out.   Zach may or may not work out but the reality is sucking as a rookie doesn't mean what it used to.  These guys are developed and coached all year round to be pro-ready from day 1.  The guys who are show it earlier than in the past.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Moore was fine this week.  Played well again.  They ran heavy against a team thats one of the worst teams defending the run in the league.   

He was targeted 8 times, corralled four of them, and had the other four bounced to him. Even on the play he slipped, he would have had the TD if Zach waited a fraction of a second. I think Moore skulking off the field in the first half when Zach threw a worm-burner at his feet was a pretty good indicator of Moore’s opinion about whom he’d prefer play QB for the NYJ.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He was targeted 8 times, corralled four of them, and had the other four bounced to him. Even on the play he slipped, he would have had the TD if Zach waited a fraction of a second. I think Moore skulking off the field in the first half when Zach threw a worm-burner at his feet was a pretty good indicator of Moore’s opinion about whom he’d prefer play QB for the NYJ.

You see what you want to see.  

No one "sulked" early in the season when Moore couldn't get open or be a viable option to an offense.  

19 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't think Allen looked this bad. 

He sucked less.  The big difference is he had over 600 yards rushing and 8 rushing TD's.   He actually had a positive impact on the team and went 5 and 6 as a starter in year 1.  The guy is a physical freak and was able to impact games when he sucked throwing the ball.  In fairness he did suck slightly less throwing the ball than Zach in his first year.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

20 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Zone blocking is where an OL is responsible for an area or zone as opposed to blocking a particular player. It requires OL who are quick rather than brutes who just over power the player.

I know this is a very basic description but it's pretty much what you asked for. 

You should have conceded your ignorance in the first place. This is simply lame.

11 minutes ago, Biggs said:

He sucked less.  The big difference is he had over 600 yards rushing and 8 rushing TD's.   He actually had a positive impact on the team and went 5 and 6 as a starter in year 1.  The guy is a physical freak and was able to impact games when he sucked throwing the ball.  In fairness he did suck slightly less throwing the ball than Zach in his first year.  

Also, re: Allen, I think Zach’s injuries are something to watch. Allen is built like an OLB and Zach is built like a punter. I’m curious to see what happens this week in practice with his knee, and if they try to stash him again against a pretty decent Eagles defense. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Also, re: Allen, I think Zach’s injuries are something to watch. Allen is built like an OLB and Zach is built like a punter. I’m curious to see what happens this week in practice with his knee, and if they try to stash him again against a pretty decent Eagles defense. 

Under what defensive metric is the Eagles defense "pretty decent"?

26 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

You should have conceded your ignorance in the first place. This is simply lame.

It's  what he asked for. He wanted the basic principles.  That is what they are. I know it's an over simple explanation.  As soon as I heard the Jets were going to zone blocking, all you had to do to know what it is is google it. 

Why didn't they include completion %, QB rating or QBR?
For those who don't know, against those teams respectively:
Mac Jones:
Texans - 76.7% - 95.3 Rating - 70.0 QBR - 25 points - Win
Falcon - 84.6% - 96.6 Rating - 39.1 QBR - 25 points - Win
Titans - 71.9% - 123.2 Rating - 72.9 QBR - 36 points - Win
Panthers - 66.7%- 85.2 Rating - 24.8 QBR - 24 points - Win
Zach Wilson
Texans - 58.3% - 58.5 Rating - 9.8 QBR - 21 points - Win
Falcons - 59.4%  - 63.5 Rating - 19.7 QBR - 20 points - Lose
Titans - 61.8% - 97.3 Rating - 45.3 QBR - 27 points - Win
Panthers - 54.1% - 82.9 Rating - 32.7 QBR - 14 points - Lose
-----------------------------------------------
Hilarious.
Even in your cherry picked games and Zach's garbage time inflation Mac absolutely destroys him. This is honestly the saddest attempt at coping that I have ever seen. 
It's just f*cking pathetic reading this place of late. Embarrassing levels of denial, desperately clinging on to any hope that the very clearly very bad QB is good actually. 
Mac Jones is a far better QB than Zach Wilson. The sooner you accept that the less painful it will be. 

Zach couldn’t hold Mac Jones’s clipboard. I can’t believe we put our eggs into a one year wonder from BYU

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1