The All Things Zach Wilson Thread: MERGED

13 hours ago, doitny said:

im a defender of Zach but let me tell you, those numbers are hero ball Zach. what we seen yesterday was some Mike White wannabe reject thats longest throw was about 22 yds Zach. 

we will never see those numbers again if we dont get hero ball Zach back. that kid yesterday looked lost trying to find the closest open receiver to him.

they took his gun and locked it away and gave him a pea shooter cause some PS guy had one really good game doing that.

every QB has there own strengths and throwing mid to deep is Zachs. he better get back to that against Phila or we are in trouble.

I mostly agree with that.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You can lust after Minshew and Trubiski.    

Id rather develop ZW who has more talent than either one of them.  

Lust to want to bring in a guy as QB2. Uh huh. The better question is why does that scare the Zach devotees? Doesn’t line up with the proclaimed confidence in Zach’s godly talent. If you believe Minshew and Trubisky suck but they are so plainly better than Zach in the summer that Saleh just has no choice but to start them… don’t you kind of want that data point?

On 11/29/2021 at 12:57 PM, jgb said:

I agree with all this but I'd still like that 2022 plan to involve a credible QB2 should Wilson not show significant improvement over the remaining games. No one is saying throw him away -- at least, not me or the other "haters" I see post here -- but what is so triggering about a little competition?

SEND HIM TO THE GULAGS.

There, I said it.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Geno and Darnold were both better though.  Darnold actually was much more “adequate” than I would have guessed.  Geno too.

Sanchez started 3-0 including that epic Week 2 win over the Patriots, so it's easy to gloss over the fact that he stunk.

TBH, if you look at Sanchez's rookie stats it is truly remarkable we were 1 game from the Super Bowl. That team was really good -- it's a shame we didn't go with a veteran QB.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Could you please find a post where someone is actively rooting against him?  Thinking he's been terrible and actively rooting against him are not the same thing.

Also, Mahommes is struggling to the tune of a 25/11 TD to INT ratio with 290 ypg thus far.  If a Jets QB ever "struggled" to those numbers, 80% of the fanbase would have his face tattooed on their taints.

If you carry an umbrella in your work bag, you’re clearly actively rooting for rain.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, jgb said:

Lust to want to bring in a guy as QB2. Uh huh. The better question is why does that scare the Zach devotees? Doesn’t line up with the proclaimed confidence in Zach’s godly talent. If you believe Minshew and Trubisky suck but they are so plainly better than Zach in the summer that Saleh just has no choice but to start them… don’t you kind of want that data point?

First of all stop with the Zach devotees.  Im a Jets fan and hes our QB, get over trying to make anyone who is willing to giving him the benefit of the doubt or can see the talents he has into "devotees" as if we're beneath others.  Minshew is total garbage along the lines of wanting Case Keenan as our QB.  I would rather be a ZW devotee that an Minshew devotee.  One of what two in the entire world?  

They didnt want Minshew in competition with ZW because hes their QB, thats the way they wanted it.  Just Jax didnt want Minshew and got rid of him.  Neither Minshew or Trubiski have the natural talent that ZW has, not even close.  Now its up to the Jets and to Zach to develop.  Its not that complicated. All the constant clatter about two QBs who arent here, never were going to be and that no one other than you want here will change a thing

• Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You can lust after Minshew and Trubiski.    

Id rather develop ZW who has more talent than either one of them.  

Can we revisit this “talent” thing? He has a good arm, but his supposed amazing arm strength has been overblown. He doesn’t even have the strongest arm in his own team now that Flacco is here. And that alleged 4.5 foot speed? Not even close. Dude gets run down by nose tackles. 

• Post of the Week 3

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Can we revisit this “talent” thing? He has a good arm, but his supposed amazing arm strength has been overblown. He doesn’t even have the strongest arm in his own team now that Flacco is here. And that alleged 4.5 foot speed? Not even close. Dude gets run down by nose tackles. 

Yes his arm strength is overblown by everyone, everywhere other than those here who get some strange satisfaction dumping on our players.  

You can argue against the scouting reports, the ex QBs and players etc who see it

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yes his arm strength is overblown by everyone, everywhere other than those here who get some strange satisfaction dumping on our players.  

You can argue against the scouting reports, the ex QBs and players etc who see it

The pre-draft scouting reports are notoriously free from hyperbole.

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

First of all stop with the Zach devotees.  Im a Jets fan and hes our QB, get over trying to make anyone who is willing to giving him the benefit of the doubt or can see the talents he has into "devotees" as if we're beneath others.  Minshew is total garbage along the lines of wanting Case Keenan as our QB.  I would rather be a ZW devotee that an Minshew devotee.  One of what two in the entire world?  

They didnt want Minshew in competition with ZW because hes their QB, thats the way they wanted it.  Just Jax didnt want Minshew and got rid of him.  Neither Minshew or Trubiski have the natural talent that ZW has, not even close.  Now its up to the Jets and to Zach to develop.  Its not that complicated. All the constant clatter about two QBs who arent here, never were going to be and that no one other than you want here will change a thing

Hey sorry but I think the team is pretty good but one man — Zach — is having an outsized negative influence on its fortunes. You think the entire team and staff — like 100 people in total — have failed Zach. For your own sake, don’t play the Real Fan Card with me. Plain truth is I’m a helluva lot more positive about the Jets than you.

There is no reason to prefer Josh Johnson on this roster to Trubisky or Minshew unless you’re afraid they’ll show up Zach. There just isn’t — or at least no one has stated a credible one.

• Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The pre-draft scouting reports are notoriously free from hyperbole.

Really?  About arm strength?  Former QBs talking about his arm strength in the preseason were giving us hyperbole?  OK.  But hey, dont give the kid a chance.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Really?  About arm strength?  Former QBs talking about his arm strength in the preseason were giving us hyperbole?  OK.  But hey, dont give the kid a chance.  

Zach’s arm strength is like a cannon with a bent barrel. Shoots hard but who knows where it’s going to wind up.

12 minutes ago, jgb said:

Hey sorry but I think the team is pretty good but one man — Zach — is having an outsized negative influence on its fortunes. You think the entire team and staff — like 100 people in total — have failed Zach. For your own sake, don’t play the Real Fan Card with me. Plain truth is I’m a helluva lot more positive about the Jets than you. But you got my beat on the Zach devotion. I’ll give you that one. There is no reason to prefer Josh Johnson on this roster to Trubisky or Minshew unless you’re afraid they’ll show up Zach. There just isn’t — or at least no one has stated a believable one.

No shlt, hes a rookie QB.  All but the one on a really talented team, with a really talented CS are struggling.  Unlike your comment that rookies who struggle and succeed are outliers, its the reverse.    No one has failed him, you've failed in your expectations and patience level, hes a rookie.  Where did I blame the team or staff for his struggles?  You watch the game and understand that rookie QBs have growing pains, of course you do.   

Whats the point of Minshew over Johnson?