The All Things Zach Wilson Thread: MERGED

17 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Its shocking to me you are here touting the Houston Texans D simply because they played Zach Wilson and he sucked like he's sucked all year vs a crappy defense. Most teams are running out the clock at the end of games vs the Texans no need to throw the ball so what  you get from that are stats that don't really tell the story.

OMG you damn Mike White nights!

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

Here’s the thing: he thinks Wilson has been showing improvement and that his stock has actually risen since the draft. God how I wish he was the GM of another QB-needy NFL team. We could flip Zach for a profit. After this kind of season!

I know. I can tell by the amount of down votes he gives me whenever I question Zach's greatness. I'm sure he will give me one here.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He just sat out for four weeks, he still isn’t healthy, and he was so bad vs the Texans that the OC effectively neutered him for the majority of the second half. They were 2-13 on third down and averaged 3.9 yards per pass play.

Want to comment additionally to this...

This is precisely what I'm talking about with y'all's bias that you don't even see.

• You have a QB that went 13-18 , with two drops, after the first two drives (being out 4 weeks) - no INT"s and a rushing TD
  • Team threw the ball on a big 4th down (clearly trusted)
  • You have a defense that's dominating, barely even giving up first downs
  • You have a running game that is controlling the game
  • You have a team that won...

So, because you had a good running game, dominant defense - somehow it means the QB was bad.  Even though his stats say otherwise.

It really is comical to me at this point.  As I've stated, I really think you guys believe this...but you're completely blinded by your pre-draft dislike for this kid.

I'm not saying he was perfect, but he wasn't nearly as bad as you guys are making him out to be.

• Upvote 1

Just now, More Cowbell said:

I know. I can tell by the amount of down votes he gives me whenever I question Zach's greatness. 

I wish we had a stock picking forum. I’d be retired after betting on all the stocks he downvoted in the past year.

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I know. I can tell by the amount of down votes he gives me whenever I question Zach's greatness. I'm sure he will give me one here.

It's not when you question him - It's when it's statements that are simply false - and stated as factual.

Show concern for some of what he does - I agree with some of those concerns - and will comment rather than down vote..but when false statement are made as facts I will downvote every one.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

It's not when you question him - It's when it's statements that are simply false - and stated as factual.

Show concern for some of what he does - I agree with some of those concerns - and will comment rather than down vote..but when false statement are made as facts I will downvote every one.

Still waiting for what was “false” about my statement that Zach’s stock has dropped since the draft or at best stayed flat.

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Want to comment additionally to this...

This is precisely what I'm talking about with y'all's bias that you don't even see.

• You have a QB that went 13-18 , with two drops, after the first two drives (being out 4 weeks) - no INT"s and a rushing TD
  • Team threw the ball on a big 4th down (clearly trusted)
  • You have a defense that's dominating, barely even giving up first downs
  • You have a running game that is controlling the game
  • You have a team that won...

So, because you had a good running game, dominant defense - somehow it means the QB was bad.  Even though his stats say otherwise.

It really is comical to me at this point.  As I've stated, I really think you guys believe this...but you're completely blinded by your pre-draft dislike for this kid.

I'm not saying he was perfect, but he wasn't nearly as bad as you guys are making him out to be.

Look, if you don't think the CS made a statement by not letting him throw on third down during the last drive only being up by one score, you clearly are also biased.  You don't give the ball back to a team who is down by one score when one first down wins the game, you at least try to get it and end the game right there. You don't run it on 3rd down when it is a passing down in that situation unless you think your QB might do something that will lose the game. 

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

a quote from your post:

"Even the most ardent believers would have to concede". That is, without question a false statement.

You know that’s a sentence fragment, right? And that with the subject removed it’s rendered meaningless? You make Logan Paul videos look honestly edited by comparison.

54 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Here's the refusal to accept anything positive about the kid.

You'll be okay if he does some things well,  I promise.

I want him to do well. I also want to win the lottery but I’m not taking a dump on my boss’ desk and telling him to go **** himself until I have the winning ticket in hand.

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

You know that’s a sentence fragment, right? And with the subject  removed, it’s rendered meaningless? You make Logan Paul videos look honestly edited by comparison.

Come on, in all seriousness

That is not taken out of context.  That sentence was point of your post.  At least that's the way I read it.  If I'm wrong on that then I apologize...

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Honestly,  you should argue the statements  you don't  like. Down votes are like the guy that screams F. U. from his car window and drives away. I only do it when the conversation turns personal. 

• Haha 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Come on, in all seriousness

That is not taken out of context.  That sentence was point of your post.  At least that's the way I read it.  If I'm wrong on that then I apologize...

Bro. I’m going to let you off the hook but I believe you are clever enough to understand the point that was made.

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Honestly,  you should argue the statements  you don't  like. Down votes are like the guy that screams F. U. from his car window and drives away. I only do it when the conversation turns personal. 

Fidelo on JN

university diploma GIF

• Haha 1

Was it a conservative call?- for sure. 

But it's pretty standard in the NFL.  Especially when your running game has been pulling off chunk yardage all game and the defense playing shut-down.  

Did it work? Absolutely, they won the game.  The strategy worked.  So again, somehow, you come away with this as a knock on the QB. 

You really don''t see that as strange?

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I certainly don't see downvotes that way.  

If you're taking them that way - I can assure you that's not the intention.   I find that stupid face far more offensive.  Downvote to me was meant as - i disagree.

In all seriousness, if you take them that way I will stop down voting you.....

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

If you're taking them that way - I can assure you that's not the intention.   I find that stupid face far more offensive.  Downvote to me was meant as - i disagree.

I don’t speak for him but please don’t rob me of the dopamine hits I get when I see in my notifications that you’ve given me the dirty down digit, the Nero salute, the ol’ Georgie Porgie.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Think about it. When you down vote, can I continue  the conversation with you or are you like that guy in the car. If you disagree,  then just say it. I think this whole rep thing on this site is kind of redic and people certainly abuse it (I don't think you are one of those people, but I can see them coming from you when I post some things). The only one I use is the lol one but I usually will post a GIF for them as well. 

17 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Look, if you don't think the CS made a statement by not letting him throw on third down during the last drive only being up by one score, you clearly are also biased.  You don't give the ball back to a team who is down by one score when one first down wins the game, you at least try to get it and end the game right there. You don't run it on 3rd down when it is a passing down in that situation unless you think your QB might do something that will lose the game. 

Or maybe because you want to kill another 45 seconds?  I mean what the ****?  They were up 7 points. 

The Texans had literally done nothing on offense.  I think they had 2 1st downs in the 2nd half, both in the 3rd quarter.  They hadn't scored since like 2 minutes into the 2nd quarter.   The Texans needed a TD.  Making that sh*tty team drive the length of the field with only 20 seconds on the clock made way more sense than trying to go for it and potentially giving them the ball with a minute and already at a distance where Taylor could reach the end zone.

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

I want him to do well. I also want to win the lottery but I’m not taking a dump on my boss’ desk and telling him to go **** himself until I have the winning ticket in hand.

I believe you want him to do well....but i believe you're blinded to when he does.

He hasn't been perfect...he hasn't been good most of the time...but if you're being honest he has shown clear progress.

Weeks 1-3 he had no chance - the OL was a mess

Week 4 - he was rookie of the week

Week 5 - bad first half, good second half - rallied the team and was in a position to win the game and likely would have if the D came up with a stop on 3rd and 12

Week 6 - two of his first three drives put the team in scoring position - missed FG, ball to the 1 and got hurt.

Week 11 - wins the game - bad two first drives - settled in and played good, conservative smart football - helping his team win the game.

His Int's have been way down - he has played smarter football.

He has to fix that short game thing - it's really bad...

But just saying he sucks - and hasn't done anything well and hasn't gotten better is simply untrue.  

This is a process - not an all of a sudden one day he's going to get it.  He's going to take small steps...two steps forward, one step back kinda thing...It's what should be expected. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Yea, I could have gotten a car with less mileage. But the BMW, well it was way nicer in every way. And 80k on a BMW that has dealer maintenance records isnt much

It's almost as though you completely ignore any luxuries. It's like you'd be fine with beige cloth seats vs 2 tone leather. Who needs cruise control when my foot works good. A sunroof...why? Electric windows? Whats wrong with the crank?????

Again I totally understand value and thats how I operate but youre a bit much buddy. And when you say you drove your truck until the tranny went out it gives me this image of some rust bucket truck with dirty seat covers and coffee stains on the carpet with the smell of cat urine. Seriously, theres a fine line between frugal and cheap. I suggest you treat yourself to a decent car! you deserve better

I don’t ignore luxury. I simply reject your kind of luxury and I reject those that desire that kind of luxury. I am more than happy with stained beige cloth seats (mine are actually black but I digress) and no sun roof. I don’t use cruise control even though I’ve got it and my windows are manual. The thing gets me from point A to point B and thats it. Anything more is a total waste. Why anyone would want two-toned leather seats is a mystery to me.

3 minutes ago, undertow said:

Jets Youtube channels are basically Zach Wilson and Joe Douglas hero worship.

Can’t blame them there. Expecting otherwise would be like Arby’s taking out an ad to finally acknowledge that fast food roast beef is an absolute abomination against the laws of God and man.

8 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Think about it. When you down vote, can I continue  the conversation with you or are you like that guy in the car. If you disagree,  then just say it. I think this whole rep thing on this site is kind of redic and people certainly abuse it (I don't think you are one of those people, but I can see them coming from you when I post some things). The only one I use is the lol one but I usually will post a GIF for them as well. 

I get it, it wasn't my view of it...Seriously, I apologize.

I also, don't always have time to comment - it was my way a disagreeing...

You won't see it again from me.