The All Things Zach Wilson Thread: MERGED

Just now, More Cowbell said:

Sorry, I just don't  agree with giving them the ball and a chance to score when you have an opportunity  to get one first down and it's over. 

You don't have to agree.  You just should acknowledge that there are reasons beyond distrust of the QB to run there.  The whole "they made a statement" thing is beyond ridiculous.

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

You don't have to agree.  You just should acknowledge that there are reasons beyond distrust of the QB to run there.  The whole "they made a statement" thing is beyond ridiculous.

Fine, if that is truly it. I'm not convinced it was but the there is that possibility. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Uncle Nicco said:

But you’re blwoing mike white for racking up 400 yards off glorified hand offs, got it

Just now, T0mShane said:

Mike White throws for 400+ against the Bengals:

Jets fan: Actually, that was all RAC yardage

Zach Wilson throws for 145 yards against the Texans:

Jets fan: But they were strategically crucial 145 yards

Got heeeeem

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Mike White throws for 400+ against the Bengals:

Jets fan: Actually, that was all RAC yardage

Zach Wilson throws for 145 yards against the Texans:

Jets fan: But they were strategically crucial 145 yards

No one is claiming this was some great performance by Wilson. You on the other hand are still jerking it to the bengals game. 

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Nico, it’s ok to say that Wilson was awful on Sunday and the Jets won in spite of him. He sucked.

Tom, it’s ok to say that Wilson bounced back nicely from a rough start to lead his team to a win. He was mediocre yet put up more points than the last two weeks. 

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

Not what we’re looking for here. It’s ok to support Wilson 

1 minute ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Tom, it’s ok to say that Wilson bounced back nicely from a rough start to lead his team to a win. He was mediocre yet put up more points than the last two weeks. 

You millennial pukes hand out your participation trophies if you want

• WTF? 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

You millennial pukes hand out your participation trophies if you want

here. So to answer your question, Jets fans that believe Zach will be the answer will be treated fairly here.

Currently sifting through a barrage of negativity after the win yesterday.  

But we are working on making sure people aren't hit over the head with negativity when they feel good about something Jets related.

@Maxman

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

here. So to answer your question, Jets fans that believe Zach will be the answer will be treated fairly here.

Currently sifting through a barrage of negativity after the win yesterday.  

But we are working on making sure people aren't hit over the head with negativity when they feel good about something Jets related.

@Maxman

Are…are you trying to report me, you weasel!?

• Upvote 1

All the people who have defended Zach are basically saying the same thing. He has only played about 6 games. I understand there is a big jump from college to the NFL but we are seeing the other rookies starting to settle in. Both Michael Carter's, Moore, AVT, even Echoles before he was hurt was showing improvement. Has Zach fixed anything? I think yesterday he made a real effort to play within the offensive system but what we saw is he wasn't really that good at it. More so his receivers bailed him out on some of the short passes by catching the low pass or ball thrown behind them rather than Zach making well timed and placed passes. So do we just give Zach a pass on the rest of the season? I know some are not giving him a pass at all and I don't  think there is a QB in this coming draft class that is worth giving Zach the Rosen treatment, but even as bad a Peyton was in his first season, it was just the massive amount of picks. You could see the other great attributes.  I just don't see it with Zach. Actually every game I see a new issue. This game was the first one I saw he had no touch on some short ones. How long until the light goes on. It already has for the other rookies.
Edit for Maxman
Yes, I know we won. That doesn't  mean our QB is taking the same steps forward the other rookies are.
He gets 3 years

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

On 11/29/2021 at 10:50 AM, rangerous said:

wasn't wilson an only so-so college qb before his final year at byu?  he worked on his game and had a stellar year.  the same can happen to him with the jets.  i think we'll find out in a few more games if he can be the guy they want.

He was middle of the pack yes.  As an 18 and 19 year old.  He was clearly hampered by his shoulder injury that he suffered in HS.  Once he fixed that he had considerably more zip on the ball.

He always had the propensity to play hero ball.  BYU fans cried a lot about that saying that he should "take the easy yards that the defense gives".  So the fact that this is a complaint now is no surprise, however he was always wildly accurate with the ball no matter where he was throwing it.  His accuracy issues are new in that sense.

Clearly his struggles are all mental, and I believe it started from basically the first snap against Carolina when he basically had multiple rushers come completely free immediately, then throughout that game he basically had no time and was hit hard over and over.

Combine that with more serious OL issues through the next few weeks, it was clear something changed in him.  His internal clock and rhythm has been knocked wonky.  If he can fix it and slow the game down in his head he'll be a fine QB.  That's a big if though.

• Upvote 2

The guy that created the video is Luke Grant, who blocked me on Twitter once for asking him how the caliber of cornerbacks Wilson faced factored into his evaluation. Grant is such a Wilson homer, he makes Fidelio Jet look like ........ well, look like me I guess. 

On 11/29/2021 at 1:09 AM, BurnleyJet said:

In UK the M3 only comes in the competition pack (510) BHP. It doesn’t denote Xdrive. You can get RWD or XDrive in the competition. The M3 on release was only available RWD.

There is no physical marking on the car that tells you it’s Xdrive on an M3 now.

You are correct.