The All Things Zach Wilson Thread: MERGED

On 11/29/2021 at 4:03 PM, johnnysd said:

262023905_6551743421566839_3088901707020

If you look at the DVOA of the defenses Zach has played he has played 5 of his 7 starts against the Top 6 pass defenses in the NFL. This might provide a little perspective that maybe we should be patient and not just jump ship just yet.

Rookie of the year, Zach Wilson!

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I just season them with lemon pepper and chopped garlic and grill 3 minutes  each side on med high heat. 

Raw inside? I’m digging the super outside sear but sushi grade inside. I don’t have luck on the grill (only with tuna), typically in a non-stick. 

On 11/29/2021 at 2:26 PM, Rhg1084 said:

Wilson will have at least 3 years here ala Sam. You guys are nuts ready to hang him after 6 starts. Give the kid a chance 

3 years was too many for Darnold.  And at minimum we should have added legitimate competition for the job early on in his tenure. 

Let’s not make the same mistake over again.  1.5-2 years is the most you need to determine if a young QB has it or not. And Douglas had better bring in a veteran QB worth a damn this offseason. 

• Upvote 2

On 11/29/2021 at 9:02 AM, kevinc855 said:

12 games will be a fair evaluation. That is what he will have when the season ends and he stays healthy/doesn't get benched. 

I think at that point we will know what we have to do in the offseason with QB. Are we cutting him? Of course not, but an actual QB competition in 22 may be in order. 

I don't think he's going to make it through the Philly game

3 hours ago, Grandy said:

This is the only thing that I could even pretend impressed me about his game. Him changing the playcall on his run is cool too, but he needs to be so much better to even have a chance.

That was his most impressive throw of the game and Griffin drops it.

• Haha 1

On 11/29/2021 at 10:00 AM, More Cowbell said:

All the people who have defended Zach are basically saying the same thing. He has only played about 6 games. I understand there is a big jump from college to the NFL but we are seeing the other rookies starting to settle in. Both Michael Carter's, Moore, AVT, even Echoles before he was hurt was showing improvement. Has Zach fixed anything? I think yesterday he made a real effort to play within the offensive system but what we saw is he wasn't really that good at it. More so his receivers bailed him out on some of the short passes by catching the low pass or ball thrown behind them rather than Zach making well timed and placed passes. So do we just give Zach a pass on the rest of the season? I know some are not giving him a pass at all and I don't  think there is a QB in this coming draft class that is worth giving Zach the Rosen treatment, but even as bad a Peyton was in his first season, it was just the massive amount of picks. You could see the other great attributes.  I just don't see it with Zach. Actually every game I see a new issue. This game was the first one I saw he had no touch on some short ones. How long until the light goes on. It already has for the other rookies.

Edit for Maxman

Yes, I know we won. That doesn't  mean our QB is taking the same steps forward the other rookies are.

Didn’t you defend Darnold after 3 seasons of futility?

49 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Raw inside? I’m digging the super outside sear but sushi grade inside. I don’t have luck on the grill (only with tuna), typically in a non-stick. 

Tuna cooks really fast. 3 to 4 minutes a side gives you a nice pink on the inside. It's not raw, trust me. My girlfriend  would never eat it if it was. You can grill it in a cast Iron pan or grill top. Try it. 

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Tuna cooks really fast. 3 to 4 minutes gives you a nice pink on the inside. It's not raw, trust me. My girlfriend  would never eat it if it was. You can grill it in a cast Iron pan or grill top. Try it. 

No I meant I find tuna breaks up on the grill. I typically only use non-stick or cast iron for tuna because I like the seared/raw texture. The GF likes it half way cooked through do I do mine later that hers. 

I gotta get some grill marks on my tuna next summer. Gotta try again. 

3 hours ago, Uncle Nicco said:

No one is claiming this was some great performance by Wilson. You on the other hand are still jerking it to the bengals game. 

Well, to be fair: that performance was the best performance by any Jet QB since, oh, I don't know....Vinny Testerverde? 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

No I meant I find tuna breaks up on the grill. I typically only use non-stick or cast iron for tuna because I like the seared/raw texture. The GF likes it half way cooked through do I do mine later that hers. 

I gotta get some grill marks on my tuna next summer. Gotta try again. 

I never had an issue with it breaking up. I use steaks that are about 1.5 inches thick. The only issue I have on the grill really is if I don't  press the garlic into the fish, it falls off bit pish too hard and you make holes in it. If you have a big enough pan you can cook both at the same time even if you like different temps. Just leave one on a bit longer. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That’s still better YPA (7.2) than Zach had against Houston (6.0).  lmao.

LOL he's your QB for the next three years so jokes on you

You'd rather be right than the Jets be good, that's a guarantee. You'll never convince me otherwise. It's really sad. 

What I wrote had NOTHING to do with Wilson yet you dragged him into it and I wonder why it makes you feel so good to sh*t on a kid that has played six games because it obviously does.