The All Things Zach Wilson Thread: MERGED

Barry McCockinner

55 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

For everyone that hates the BMW grill, it is symbolic of there years  as an aviation company. It's  supposed to look like the front of a plane. I had 3 beamers in my time. Safest and best driving cars I ever owned. 

Had one awhile ago and agree on best driving car. The new grill however is awful.

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

For everyone that hates the BMW grill, it is symbolic of there years  as an aviation company. It's  supposed to look like the front of a plane. I had 3 beamers in my time. Safest and best driving cars I ever owned. 

BMW was a prominent propeller aircraft engine and WWII early jet engine manufacturer. This grille would be for BMW an anachronism. 

Dont care ... BMW essentailly has degraded their front end since the early.90s ... now it looks like utter sh*te.

Though the M3 is north of $120k i believe.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Bungaman said:

I used to have a butt ugly 1970 Caddy Coupe De Ville in kind of a barf green. Ditto the interior. Fun to drive for the two years I had it before rust ate it alive - stuff kept falling out of the trunk on to the road. Five ashtrays and cig lighters. I was able to lay diagonally in the trunk while installing the rear deck stereo speakers without anything hitting my head or feet (I'm 5'8".) My friends called it the Enterprise.

image.png.65e6e3f948da8b820285c9c6bcd7ccb2.png

Better a butt ugly Caddy, then a 1971 Lime Green Ford Pinto (barf)....

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I get BMW guys love them, but I'm an Audi guy over BMW any day of the week... but it's just my opinion.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Another excellent car. Never owned o e but my ex does and she os on her second so I guess she likes it. Prefer  BMW over Mercedes.  Owned both. That and Lexus. 

Yea, up until the VW dieselgate... I yearned for the Audi A4 or A6 in the TDI 4 or 6 cyl engine... I had the 2014 Passat TDI and it was the best mileage vehicle I've ever owned. I used to avg 44-48 mpg on the highway. It was sweet. I even could fit a 6'4 250lbs guy in the back seat without having to move my seat up. I even convinced my sister who drives a ton to get the Q5 SUV which gets around 35 mpg. She's still driving it 160,000 miles later and it will probably go another 160,000. I'll never understand why this country tried to get rid of the efficiency of diesel. In fact, if they really thought about it, it's even better than electric, cause all diesel engines modified would be able to run on vegetable oil (biodiesel)... This push for electric is unrealistic unless they can get vehicles to self charge while they are running, and manufacture the engines in the USA, not China.

OK, I'll stop lol...

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Turns as many heads as my Chevy Traverse with 3 car seats.

Like when I had my Dodge Caravan with @Mogglez in his seat and his twin brothers seats.  What a middle row that was.  Three screaming boys and a depressed father driving the worlds most boring vehicle

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 68JET11 said:

Yea, up until the VW dieselgate... I yearned for the Audi A4 or A6 in the TDI 4 or 6 cyl engine... I had the 2014 Passat TDI and it was the best mileage vehicle I've ever owned. I used to avg 44-48 mpg on the highway. It was sweet. I even could fit a 6'4 250lbs guy in the back seat without having to move my seat up. I even convinced my sister who drives a ton to get the Q5 SUV which gets around 35 mpg. She's still driving it 160,000 miles later and it will probably go another 160,000. I'll never understand why this country tried to get rid of the efficiency of diesel. In fact, if they really thought about it, it's even better than electric, cause all diesel engines modified would be able to run on vegetable oil (biodiesel)... This push for electric is unrealistic unless they can get vehicles to self charge while they are running, and manufacture the engines in the USA, not China.

OK, I'll stop lol...

Read a very interesting article on just that.  That diesel cars were the right way to go but people have too many memories of the old diesels that smoked and had to have their glow plug warm up, like my old Mercedes diesel, before they could hit the road driving.  But the biggest reason they didnt take off was that Hybrid technology just became a buzz word that people attracted to, they couldn't get over the technology involved, the silent operation when the gas engine was idle and the car ran on electricity.  All while the experts all said that diesel was the way to go, that VW/Audi swore they had cars that could easily quadruple hybrid figures.  No one cared, people flocked to the new fangle hybrid technology and stayed away from dirty old diesel.  

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Like when I had my Dodge Caravan with @Mogglez in his seat and his twin brothers seats.  What a middle row that was.  Three screaming boys and a depressed father driving the worlds most boring vehicle

With 5 kids,  at one time we were a two Chevy Suburban family. Literally packed them both with people and gear going to beach or camping. I love the empty  nester lifestyle we have earned, just starting the grandparents stage. Yay, now my wife has a nice mid size sedan and I have a truck to haul my fat ass. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Another excellent car. Never owned o e but my ex does and she os on her second so I guess she likes it. Prefer  BMW over Mercedes.  Owned both. That and Lexus. 

I had a Mercedes C36 AMG right before the 3rd kid showed up. Was fun little sedan. 

Like the color. One of our kids is a BMW guy he’s had his coupe for about 10 years and loves that car. We’ve had good luck with Toyotas we were down to a 2007 Corolla with almost 200k miles (gave our 2011 Camry to one of the other kids) so in August bought a new 2021 RAV4 Hybrid like it a lot. I had to pay over MSRP (but not much) for the first time ever usually with rebates I’ve been able to buy around dealer cost but this year of course much different but got the car and color we wanted not many hybrids available.