Jump to content

The All Things Zach Wilson Thread: MERGED


Barry McCockinner
 Share

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Warfish said:

As opposed to your endless complaining and demands for opinion censorship because others disagree with you on something?

And JN's built-in solution when you are incapable of self-control over the threads and posts you choose to read is the ignore feature

Use it, or don't.

But calling for posters to be outright silenced, that is detestable.

And WE get your thoughts too, endlessly repeated: needs time and weaponz, more time, more time, no expectations, more time, more time, he's actually great, we're bad fans for doubting or analyzing him, etc. 

And yet....no one is here trying to silence your drivel, or demand that our most silly blatant thoughtless homers get silenced.

Lol, now you're butthurt people like and lol at memes?

Detestable? "Censoring"? LOL, I'm not "censoring" anyone, just thought those usual suspects repeating it OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER is making the board really tough to weed through.  Driving Maxman to post about it several times hoping those folks would catch a hint.   And I'm not one of the posters endlesssly saying he needs time and weaponz blahblahblah repeatedely over and over again. 

But you do you.

/shrug

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

You cant argue with boneheads who are always right and refuse to admit when they're flat out wrong.  You just have to know who is worth your time.  The idea Wilson was the unanimous #2 QB is utter ******* nonsense.  Legit.  The 2 most famous of all draft evaluators didnt even have Wilson #2.

The pressure to get that quarterback, you have to go get somebody," Kiper said earlier this month on ESPN. "I think Justin Fields is the second-best quarterback in this draft

McShay had Clemson’s Trevor Lawrence at No. 1, Ohio State’s Justin Fields at No. 2, North Dakota State’s Trey Lance at No. 3, BYU’s Zach Wilson at No. 4 and Alabama’s Mac Jones at No. 5.

Shows how great they are having jones at 5...

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I'm not "censoring" anyone, just thought those usual suspects repeating it OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER is making the board really tough to weed through.

And the board's solution to that is the ignore feature. 

Your opinion about weakness does not change that this IS this forum's built-in solution to avoiding "usual suspects" you personally do not enjoy reading or exchanging opinions with.

Asking Max to silence them is censorship, pure and simple. 

If you don't like them, and don't want to "weed through them", which is 100% fine, then just ignore them.

4 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

But you do you.

I don't think you have to worry about that, mate.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

And the board's solution to that is the ignore feature. 

Your opinion about weakness does not change that this IS this forum's built-in solution to avoiding "usual suspects" you personally do not enjoy reading or exchanging opinions with.

Asking Max to silence them is censorship, pure and simple. 

If you don't like them, and don't want to "weed through them", which is 100% fine, then just ignore them.

I don't think you have to worry about that, mate.

Again, "censorship" lol.  What a snowflake.  I didn't ask Max to do anything.  HE said it on a few occassions.  He's got more important things to do. I just repeated a gentle reminder. 

But you continue to do what you do.  Mate.  

/shrug

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Detestable? "Censoring"? LOL, I'm not "censoring" anyone, just thought those usual suspects repeating it OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER is making the board really tough to weed through.  Driving Maxman to post about it several times hoping those folks would catch a hint.   And I'm not one of the posters endlesssly saying he needs time and weaponz blahblahblah repeatedely over and over again. 

But you do you.

/shrug

 

I didn't know you could play tennis without a partner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Flightattendant said:

Shows how great they are having jones at 5...

Right and that's the irony.  The same dude claiming "all the experts and scouting community had Zach #2" is the same dude that quotes these guys like they're gospel even though they're constantly wrong.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Is t this revisionist history?  It wasn’t just the Jets, like it or not pretty much every scouting group or so called expert had Wilson rated as their 2nd QB.  So that was my point in bringing up the others

A lot of people had Trubisky number 1.  How did that work out?

My only point, after Lawrence and to a lesser degree Fields, teams saw what they wanted to see.  If the Jets wanted an Allen type of QB, they might have drafted Lance.    A safe pick?  Mac.   Something in between?  Fields. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

And the board's solution to that is the ignore feature. 

Your opinion about weakness does not change that this IS this forum's built-in solution to avoiding "usual suspects" you personally do not enjoy reading or exchanging opinions with.

Asking Max to silence them is censorship, pure and simple. 

If you don't like them, and don't want to "weed through them", which is 100% fine, then just ignore them.

I don't think you have to worry about that, mate.

 

3 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Again, "censorship" lol.  What a snowflake.  I didn't ask Max to do anything.  HE said it on a few occassions.  He's got more important things to do. I just repeated a gentle reminder. 

But you continue to do what you do.  Mate.  

/shrug

 

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

5-Laughing-Face-Gif.gif

 

You two reminding me of...

(note: funny... but profanity)

 

 

 

 

lol

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, jgb said:

Your worst case scenario seems a little... soft.

I don't like dumping a ton of resources into QB just 1 or 2 years after taking one in the top 5. (I'm fine with adding competition like Jimmy G if he's cut)

Zach was taken top 5 for a reason, let's try to coach it out of him and support him as much as possible until we need to decide on the 5th year option.

There is no one in this draft that I'd feel comfortable taking at QB. Perhaps 2023 draft I'll feel differently but that will hinge on how Zach performs in 2022.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Did you forget about the second half of the panthers game? The Titans game? The start of the second NE game? The 13/19 stretch last week? Yes, he’s had a lot of bad, and he’s struggling with some bizarre accuracy issue right now, but, there has been some good. The way group think brain washes people this day and age is incredible. 

Definitely haven't forgotten the positives, but overall I don't think any of us would sign up for Zach's start to his career.

His Titans game was really fun to watch but he made reckless decisions at times that just so happened to work out. He also had 2 separate opportunities to ice the game and he was wildly inaccurate.

It's basically what I'd expect from a rookie QB except his inability to complete the easy passes. Seems like he's just in his own head more than anything cause he didn't have accuracy issues at BYU.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

Definitely haven't forgotten the positives, but overall I don't think any of us would sign up for Zach's start to his career.

His Titans game was really fun to watch but he made reckless decisions at times that just so happened to work out. He also had 2 separate opportunities to ice the game and he was wildly inaccurate.

It's basically what I'd expect from a rookie QB except his inability to complete the easy passes. Seems like he's just in his own head more than anything cause he didn't have accuracy issues at BYU.

What decision was reckless? Those were HOF all time plays he made. Maybe they are reckless for Mike White, but they are the exact reason he was drafted #2 overall. He missed one easy pass to griffin, ONE. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, ZachEY said:

I just don't agree.

Making jokes about a player doesn't mean you want him to fail.  It means you're making jokes.  I don't like a number of them, but this is a football website filled with grown men who are over-invested in a hobby.  Dumb jokes are a part of it.  Saying negative things also doesn't mean you're rooting against someone, it means you're watching, evaluating, and coming to a conclusion, and expressing that conclusion.

Again, as for Mac Jones, Zach was only the same on a cherry picked, and somewhat intellectually dishonest comparison.  It was shoehorned, and so people reacted to that.

We do agree that there was likely to be a struggle.  However, we've seen a lot of bad QB play as Jets fans, and Wilson looks as bad, or worse, than any of them right now.  Saying that doesn't mean I want it to be the case or I hope it stays that way.  It means, that's my evaluation at present.

You get out of here. Right now!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I don't use ignore.  Never have.  It's weak.  

Just as weak as the constant repetitive monotonous tedious continuing verbosity of those usual suspects that even @Maxman has recognized is making this sight unreadable.  

And I don't have a sensitivity problem, I'm 95% scar tissue. I have a "hates constant b*tching and whinning" problem.

WE GET IT.  Some folks here think Zach Wilson SUCKS.  Hot garbage.  Worst QB in the NFL.  Worst rookie QB EVER for the Jets.  Repeating it 50 times in every thread is not changing anyone's mind, it just makes the site unbearable.

Seriously.  WE GET IT.  Now go post a clever meme.  

/shrug

It seemed to worsen after the Mike White moment took hold. Lots of White acolytes still bitter and relishing in trashing Wilson. A microcosm of things on a broader scale these days. Pick a side. Dig in. Remain inflexible. End result: toxic polarization. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Jetluv58 said:

It seemed to worsen after the Mike White moment took hold. Lots of White acolytes still bitter and relishing in trashing Wilson. A microcosm of things on a broader scale these days. Pick a side. Dig in. Remain inflexible. End result: toxic polarization. 

Mike White is great though

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Any player having success elsewhere would struggle here?  Any player?  Who said this?  Who said every draft was good?  Every GM?  Really?  Check your notes.  You don’t know what you’re talking about.  Shocking 

Question.  You joined this July.  Since July it’s been one HC, one GM, one QB, etc.  How are you such an expert on what I’ve said? 
Either you’re full of shlt and just making it up or you’re one of our banned posters who crawl back and slip through without being caught.  Yet.  

 😉
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Uncle Nicco said:

What decision was reckless? Those were HOF all time plays he made. Maybe they are reckless for Mike White, but they are the exact reason he was drafted #2 overall. He missed one easy pass to griffin, ONE. 

I love the big plays don't get me wrong but passing up wide open receivers to throw into double coverage in hopes your guy comes down with it or gets a PI is a bad play IMO. Glad it worked out, just ill advised.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I love the big plays don't get me wrong but passing up wide open receivers to throw into double coverage in hopes your guy comes down with it or gets a PI is a bad play IMO. Glad it worked out, just ill advised.

what play are you talking about? The Davis Td? He was open, in fact he re routed him to get open. You are literally re inventing things in your head brother. I saw how giddy you were on YouTube after the Tennessee game, never seen you happier. Now they were bad decisions? You’d rather him check it down there? lol. None of those plays were bad decisions, they were amazing plays. Criticizing them is just self loathing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jetluv58 said:

It seemed to worsen after the Mike White moment took hold. Lots of White acolytes still bitter and relishing in trashing Wilson. A microcosm of things on a broader scale these days. Pick a side. Dig in. Remain inflexible. End result: toxic polarization. 

If Zach Wilson's play wasn't terrible, he wouldn't need you to defend him against the Internet meanies. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jetluv58 said:

It seemed to worsen after the Mike White moment took hold. Lots of White acolytes still bitter and relishing in trashing Wilson. A microcosm of things on a broader scale these days. Pick a side. Dig in. Remain inflexible. End result: toxic polarization. 

Nah, Mike White was just a ruse, a not-so-clever ploy .  Nobody knew or cared who MIke White was in September.  He was an opportune justification for the trashing.

This has been going on since the beginning.  

As a Jet fan, hoping Wilson starts to play better.  Consistently better over the rest of the season.

I trust that's not a toxic take.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Uncle Nicco said:

what play are you talking about? The Davis Td? He was open, in fact he re routed him to get open. You are literally re inventing things in your head brother. I saw how giddy you were on YouTube after the Tennessee game, never seen you happier. Now they were bad decisions? You’d rather him check it down there? lol. None of those plays were bad decisions, they were amazing plays. Criticizing them is just self loathing. 


Pour one out for Nico, guys.  He will post about his sweet Zachy poo no more.  Whatever will we do without takes like these? 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:


Pour one out for Nico, guys.  He will post about his sweet Zachy poo no more.  Whatever will we do without takes like these? 

I really wish we had a sub forum called "District Nein" where banned posters could still post.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...