The All Things Zach Wilson Thread: MERGED

8 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

This is an old narrative - if you watched last game he wasn't doing that - he played very smart last week.  Checking down when necessary, throwing the ball away at the right times....

When people say he hasn't gotten better they are absolutely wrong.  He is playing smarter football.  He's making smart decisions and truthfully it's not really even a processing issue as so many are saying.  He's getting through his reads more quickly (still has work to do but it's getting better)

His biggest problem, right now, is accuracy.  He's clearly having issues.  Particularly on the short/check downs.  In this offense that's a really big issue.  He can't seem to get into a groove because of it - the whole offense just looks choppy.  The big throws and big plays will be there and he'll continue to hit them - off platform will be icing on the cake.

For me, what's holding him back from starting to look good is if he can get his head on straight.  He's aiming the ball and not throwing it.   If he starts to trust himself and let it rip we'll start to see a different ZW.

Oo I agree, unfortunately the short passes he's missed is what is holding us back at the moment. (At least while Zach has played) Once he can calm down and hit those reads we are going to be very happy. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Dunnie said:

At least Fields is a lot worse.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I’ll never understand this type of reasoning. Even if it were true (which it isn’t) why would it make you feel better about Wilson being so bad?

Not to mention, Zach is ranked #32 isn’t he? He isn’t “a lot” better than anybody.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1