Jump to content

The All Things Zach Wilson Thread: MERGED


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

With 5 kids,  at one time we were a two Chevy Suburban family. Literally packed them both with people and gear going to beach or camping. I love the empty  nester lifestyle we have earned, just starting the grandparents stage. Yay, now my wife has a nice mid size sedan and I have a truck to haul my fat ass. 

Crusher, living the dream. 

Same here buddy!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yep

I can't take it anymore so I went merge happy.

I am going to preface this by saying that I desperately want Zach Wilson to be good.  I take no pleasure in seeing him struggle. Coming into the season, the one thing I wanted to avoid was the ne

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Crusher, living the dream. 

Same here buddy!

Dude it really is. Did thanksgiving at my daughter, son-in-law, in-laws and my 4 1/2 month grandson #1. First time in twenty years we didn’t host. 
 

 

758CE861-6792-4A0C-A647-1AFF60A1039B.jpeg

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Dude it really is. Did thanksgiving at my daughter, son-in-law, in-laws and my 4 1/2 month grandson #1. First time in twenty years we didn’t host. 
 

 

758CE861-6792-4A0C-A647-1AFF60A1039B.jpeg

Thats great, I cant wait for grandkids.  It will be my stepdaughter, who is like a real daughter to me before its mogglez or one of his two brothers.  

Youre blessed. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Dont care ... BMW essentailly has degraded their front end since the early.90s ... now it looks like utter sh*te.

Though the M3 is north of $120k i believe.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

 

Youre way off on the price of a M3 but doesnt make a difference, its not a M3, maybe a M4 or 5 and is a killer car other than the new Chinese market grill

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Look like two huge nostrils.

I hope all the car manufacturers producing cars with the giant grills for the Chinese markets should all fail miserably 

It’s like all these pick-ups with massive ugly grills. The least they could do is make ‘em flip up so you could cook burgers on ‘em at the game. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ECURB said:

That car is north of 150k and might be pushing 200k with the paint

I used to watch two rich peoples house on A-1A in Boca Raton, Fl on the water.  They had a white Bentley Continental GT convertible as one of their cars along with the big Landrover, a Porsche Cayenne and a Porsche 911.  I used to get to drive the Bentley to fill it up with gas or whatever and was card shlt to drive their $300K+ car

But it was sweet, fast as all hell, growled like a muscle car.

New-2022-Bentley-Continental-GT-V8-Conve

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I never drove an AMG. Heard they were quick little cars. 

It was fun. Had it for about three years. Bought it to drive hour round trip to get my kids Wednesday and bring them back Sundays. I95 was my bitch! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Crusher said:

It was fun. Had it for about three years. Bought it to drive hour round trip to get my kids Wednesday and bring them back Sundays. I95 was my bitch! 

I had a BMW 2002tii which was an awesome car back in the day, drove like no other sedan and put BMW on the map here in the US with its great driving.  But damn, go mack to the small "kidney" grill

B14XwLrCQAI1VfI?format=jpg&name=medium

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Read a very interesting article on just that.  That diesel cars were the right way to go but people have too many memories of the old diesels that smoked and had to have their glow plug warm up, like my old Mercedes diesel, before they could hit the road driving.  But the biggest reason they didnt take off was that Hybrid technology just became a buzz word that people attracted to, they couldn't get over the technology involved, the silent operation when the gas engine was idle and the car ran on electricity.  All while the experts all said that diesel was the way to go, that VW/Audi swore they had cars that could easily quadruple hybrid figures.  No one cared, people flocked to the new fangle hybrid technology and stayed away from dirty old diesel.  

Indeed - biodiesel technology was and is low tech, probably why it was not adopted by the investing community: no way to make big fast bucks. Hopefully it makes a comeback, somehow. I had a nephew who converted an old diesel VW and it ran great for many years until rust made it uninspectable. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I had a BMW 2002tii which was an awesome car back in the day, drove like no other sedan and put BMW on the map here in the US with its great driving.  But damn, go mack to the small "kidney" grill

B14XwLrCQAI1VfI?format=jpg&name=medium

 

old school son! This was my year ..

 

177D1B47-18B1-4C92-93E8-04CF697BE7CB.jpeg

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Youre way off on the price of a M3 but doesnt make a difference, its not a M3, maybe a M4 or 5 and is a killer car other than the new Chinese market grill

 

Pretty sure it is an m3 sedan and that color is actually stock for that car. Probably 90-100 when optioned out. Beautiful - except that grill. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Read a very interesting article on just that.  That diesel cars were the right way to go but people have too many memories of the old diesels that smoked and had to have their glow plug warm up, like my old Mercedes diesel, before they could hit the road driving.  But the biggest reason they didnt take off was that Hybrid technology just became a buzz word that people attracted to, they couldn't get over the technology involved, the silent operation when the gas engine was idle and the car ran on electricity.  All while the experts all said that diesel was the way to go, that VW/Audi swore they had cars that could easily quadruple hybrid figures.  No one cared, people flocked to the new fangle hybrid technology and stayed away from dirty old diesel.  

Ture, but anyone who knows anything about the modern diesel engine especially in VW/Audi, knows it is probably the best engine ever made. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2021 at 12:09 PM, sciond said:

I hate the new BMW grills...

Same here.  I have a 2016, and I'm getting offers monthly from my local dealership asking me if I want to trade in mine so they can put me in a 2022.  Tempting because the offer is very good, but I can't do it until that grill is either changed or it grows on me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Trotter said:

Pretty sure it is an m3 sedan and that color is actually stock for that car. Probably 90-100 when optioned out. Beautiful - except that grill. 

The big grill isnt on the M3.  Its on the M4.  

I was wrong its not on the M5, it has a big grill but not vertical like on the M4.


 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

Ture, but anyone who knows anything about the modern diesel engine especially in VW/Audi, knows it is probably the best engine ever made. 

Thats what I was saying, the modern diesel was a better option than a more complicated Hybrid and could even get better gas milage if they worked it.  But the market embraced the hybrid technology, it appealed to politicians who sold it and pushed tax break, especially Obama 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Thats what I was saying, the modern diesel was a better option than a more complicated Hybrid and could even get better gas milage if they worked it.  But the market embraced the hybrid technology, it appealed to politicians who sold it and pushed tax break, especially Obama 

I know, that wasn't meant against your post... it was saying the same thing.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2021 at 3:21 PM, Bungaman said:

I used to have a butt ugly 1970 Caddy Coupe De Ville in kind of a barf green. Ditto the interior. Fun to drive for the two years I had it before rust ate it alive - stuff kept falling out of the trunk on to the road. Five ashtrays and cig lighters. I was able to lay diagonally in the trunk while installing the rear deck stereo speakers without anything hitting my head or feet (I'm 5'8".) My friends called it the Enterprise.

image.png.65e6e3f948da8b820285c9c6bcd7ccb2.png

Those whitewalls!  V8 , huge engine.  6 MPG?  :)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GQMartin said:

M3 competition is AWD. 
 

badge on the grille is M3 competition. 
 

 

In UK the M3 only comes in the competition pack (510) BHP. It doesn’t denote Xdrive. You can get RWD or XDrive in the competition. The M3 on release was only available RWD.

There is no physical marking on the car that tells you it’s Xdrive on an M3 now.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Maxman changed the title to The All Things Zach Wilson Thread: MERGED

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...