The All Things Zach Wilson Thread: MERGED

8 minutes ago, rangerous said:

good grief.  i remember when chaddy was neck and neck with tommy boy.  mac has had the benefit of a much better overall team, running attack, and oline.  give the bellichicken his due for getting his team ready to play.

The funny thing here is that Mac jokes is chaddy from a skill set stand point 

7 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

It's not incredibly surprising. The 2 games against the Patriots destroyed any positive narratives about Zach. He's going to need to reverse that narrative with games as impressionable as those were (in the opposite sense, of course...)

You mean one game? He was looking good in his second game 

50 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

It’s clear you don’t really understand what’s happening on this play.  Which is fine, but why pretend like you do?

What it boils down is you want him to throw immediately to his back side read on a route 10 yards short of the marker and then rely on Moore to beat at least 3 defenders to pick up the 1st down.  That’s my point.  Or in different terms, your argument here is ridiculous.

If your argument is that his throw is off the mark, then fine.  It was an inaccurate throw.  It’s about a 5% probability that Moore gets the first with a perfect throw, but 5% is better than zero.

But that doesn’t seem to be your argument in the post I quoted.  You seem to be upset that he “missed” open receivers or misread the defense, which is not remotely close the case.

Wilson has done lots that deserves criticism. However there are lots of examples, you in this thread as one, of people exaggerating what’s going.

Actually that was my argument bozo. He missed a wide open receiver with a clean pocket to the teams most dynamic WR. But keep talking. Just love the way you put words in my mouth. 

46 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

262023905_6551743421566839_3088901707020

If you look at the DVOA of the defenses Zach has played he has played 5 of his 7 starts against the Top 6 pass defenses in the NFL. This might provide a little perspective that maybe we should be patient and not just jump ship just yet.

Zach has 4 TDs according to ESPN.  Sooooooo......

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

What does this even mean.  Every single NFL QB, throws a few bad passes a game.  Hes a rookie, he'll get better but will still throw a couple of bad passes a game.  How many has he thrown in his 6 games, have a number?

I was defending him on that play you putz

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I feel like no one ever really watches Mac Jones play. He excels at the short stuff and the Pats have catered the offense to his short passes. In addition to not testing his arm, they also use a lot of sit down, button hook and flare patterns. They've completely abandoned their old staple of the wheel route. It is truly a master class in helping a rookie QB succeed. And I'm not taking credit away from Jones because the guy is a rookie and he is doing it. He's not crapping the bed on blitzes or forcing the ball into coverage. He is playing like a seasoned game manager. And he's gaining a ton of confidence. But, even at his best, he'll never be considered a top 10 QB in the NFL, and that is fine for BB because he doesn't want a top 10 QB. He wants a game manager because he believes coaching, rather than great players, wins games.

I semi-hate Belichick and McDaniels but what they are doing with Jones is amazing.

Both are trying to "protect" their young QBs while allowing them to take some level of additional risk at times.

LaFleur is doing this with RUN RUN PASS. When calling games for Zach he has been completely unimaginative. He changed away from that for White, Johnson and Flacco but went right back to it when Zach returned. It is predictable and regularly puts Zach in known passing situations. It might not be LaFleur though, Saleh could be forcing LaFleur into WC Offense 101 thinking it is the way to develop Zach

NE though is finding a way to be conservative but at the same time being very unpredictable on first and second downs. They run all types of plays and sequences and even though they are simple plays it is difficult on opposing teams to predict, so Jones faces base defenses and does not face too many stacked boxes which enables him to perform.

41 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I feel like no one ever really watches Mac Jones play. He excels at the short stuff and the Pats have catered the offense to his short passes. In addition to not testing his arm, they also use a lot of sit down, button hook and flare patterns. They've completely abandoned their old staple of the wheel route. It is truly a master class in helping a rookie QB succeed. And I'm not taking credit away from Jones because the guy is a rookie and he is doing it. He's not crapping the bed on blitzes or forcing the ball into coverage. He is playing like a seasoned game manager. And he's gaining a ton of confidence. But, even at his best, he'll never be considered a top 10 QB in the NFL, and that is fine for BB because he doesn't want a top 10 QB. He wants a game manager because he believes coaching, rather than great players, wins games.

Steve Young (yeah, get it, he's a Zach fan and BYU tout) on Michael Kay literally 5 mins ago and is saying the same thing.  

Three seconds and get the ball out.  Does not have the arm talent that Zach has, won't be able to do what Zach does 2022 and forward.  

Can't wait for the response but not my take.  An HOF QB's take.  Albeit a BYU defender.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I was defending him on that play you putz

I was attempting to agree with you, was in the middle of saying pretty much the same things to Cowbell.  Sorry, reading it now I can see how you could think I was talking to you but I wasnt, I was agreeing with you.  He makes youre head spin with his posts

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Uncle Nicco said:

A meh game, still made a bunch of critical plays and moved the ball. Happens every week across the league, about half the NFL had similar performances last week. 

it’s clear that he is hobbled by the knee and not 100%

That 4th down conversion to Cole was pretty good. Also threw some nice ropes to Moore early in the 2nd half. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

262023905_6551743421566839_3088901707020

If you look at the DVOA of the defenses Zach has played he has played 5 of his 7 starts against the Top 6 pass defenses in the NFL. This might provide a little perspective that maybe we should be patient and not just jump ship just yet.

I've been telling you mofos the whole time that Zach is 5 yards better than Mac!

But noooooooo......nobody listens! lol

• Haha 3