The All Things Zach Wilson Thread: MERGED

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

We are currently working on making sure that Jets fans know they are allowed to root for the Jets here. So to answer your question, Jets fans that believe Zach will be the answer will be treated fairly here.

Currently sifting through a barrage of negativity after the win yesterday.  

But we are working on making sure people aren't hit over the head with negativity when they feel good about something Jets related.

This almost seems like some kind of rehearsed Government response to a fearful public.  If I start seeing the same thing posted in other places I'll get very, very suspicious!

?

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

This almost seems like some kind of rehearsed Government response to a fearful public.  If I start seeing the same thing posted in other places I'll get very, very suspicious!

?

Only a matter of time before Max is turning this place into a dystopian, Orwellian nightmare.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Your mechanics breakdown when:

1- Things are moving too fast for you out there which leads to lack of confidence.  Lack of confidence leads to anxiety.  When the anxiety kicks in, you start overthinking.  When you overthink your mechanics break down.

Solution:

1- more reps.  The more reps you get, the game slows down.  When the game slows down your confidence returns.  When you confidence returns, you mechanics straighten out.

The kid just needs more reps.  And he is going to get more and more of those every single week.

The concern meter is at 0 for zach wilson.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Your mechanics breakdown when:

1- Things are moving too fast for you out there which leads to lack of confidence.  Lack of confidence leads to anxiety.  When the anxiety kicks in, you start overthinking.  When you overthink your mechanics break down.

Solution:

1- more reps.  The more reps you get, the game slows down.  When the game slows down your confidence returns.  When you confidence returns, you mechanics straighten out.

The kid just needs more reps.  And he is going to get more and more of those every single week.

The concern meter is at 0 for zach wilson.

As a huge Zach Wilson supporter and fan I very much agree with this.  Although sadly my concern meter is not at 0.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

LaFleur is doing this with RUN RUN PASS. When calling games for Zach he has been completely unimaginative. He changed away from that for White, Johnson and Flacco but went right back to it when Zach returned. It is predictable and regularly puts Zach in known passing situations. It might not be LaFleur though, Saleh could be forcing LaFleur into WC Offense 101 thinking it is the way to develop Zach

I really have to sit down and go over each drive but I think they did LaFleur did start by calling it similar and then Zach just couldn't complete the short stuff to open up the offense.

3 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

It's not incredibly surprising. The 2 games against the Patriots destroyed any positive narratives about Zach. He's going to need to reverse that narrative with games as impressionable as those were (in the opposite sense, of course...)

Only one game. He was playing really well against the Pats before he got hurt. Crisp and accurate throws that lead to a missed FG and a touchdown in two of the three drives he played.

1 minute ago, Greensleeves said:

Only one game. He was playing really well against the Pats before he got hurt. Crisp and accurate throws that lead to a missed FG and a touchdown in two of the three drives he played.

I don’t think factual narratives are warranted here. 

Do you not understand the group think? What’s expected of you? 

You know, between those 5-6 dudes. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, johnnysd said:

262023905_6551743421566839_3088901707020

If you look at the DVOA of the defenses Zach has played he has played 5 of his 7 starts against the Top 6 pass defenses in the NFL. This might provide a little perspective that maybe we should be patient and not just jump ship just yet.

Man, if Zach could learn to complete the short easier passes this would be even more….. hope he figures it out.

5 hours ago, johnnysd said:

262023905_6551743421566839_3088901707020

If you look at the DVOA of the defenses Zach has played he has played 5 of his 7 starts against the Top 6 pass defenses in the NFL. This might provide a little perspective that maybe we should be patient and not just jump ship just yet.

So we are now going to start making excuses for Zach Wilson sucking in numerous games cause defense but Mike White has one bad game vs the best defense in football that has owned every QB they faced and it's all on Mike White ?

4 hours ago, Uncle Nicco said:

A meh game, still made a bunch of critical plays and moved the ball. Happens every week across the league, about half the NFL had similar performances last week. 

it’s clear that he is hobbled by the knee and not 100%

yeah I'm sure barely breaking 50% passing and throwing for 145 yards was right there in the middle of the pack

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

yeah I'm sure barely breaking 50% passing and throwing for 145 yards was right there in the middle of the pack

Not sure how 58% is “barely breaking”

Burrow 24 for 190

Goff 25 for 175

Taylor 26 for 158

Hurts 31 for 129

Jones 29 for 202

Newton 21 for 92

Tannehill 21 for 93

Ryan 29 for 190

Lawrence 42 for 228 

Bridgewater 18 for 129

Jackson 32 for 165

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

And I'm sure half the teams got to play a team at the caliber of the Houston Texans, too.  

Oh, right, I forgot that all of a sudden the 2021 Texans have a pass defense roughly the equivalent of the '85 Bears.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And I'm sure half the teams got to play a team at the caliber of the Houston Texans, too.  

Oh, right, I forgot that all of a sudden the 2021 Texans have a pass defense roughly the equivalent of the '85 Bears.

They are a top 10 pass D and came into the game with 10 turnovers in the last two weeks. Facts hurt I know. 

• Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, Uncle Nicco said:

A meh game, still made a bunch of critical plays and moved the ball. Happens every week across the league, about half the NFL had similar performances last week. 

it’s clear that he is hobbled by the knee and not 100%

More like it's clear he is not a good qb

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

9 hours ago, the Claw said:

Thats my point. Its a ridiculous concept to spend all that money or go into freakin debt for a car. I’ve never spent more than 10k on a vehicle and I buy them with cash. I take care of them for how ever many years they last and then i do it all over again. My last truck was 6k and it lasted for over 5 years before the transmission finally died. That’s a little over a thousand dollars a year, the equivalent of what, three months payments on a bmw? I generally spend a tenth of the capital for the same outcome: the pleasure of driving next to status fiends who buy ridiculous vehicles so they can have “fun.” It’s a scam.

Man ur weird af.

Its not a stats symbol, its just a car. Entry level bmws and mbs cost as much as some better kias and hondas. They arent all expensive.

And for the record I also watch my dough and look for value. So if I bought it mint from the original owner dentist with 80k miles for $10,000, still drive it with 135k miles 5 years later how dies that fit into your narrative? The car still runs n drives like new and hadnt given me a single problem except 1 starter. Thats it.

So Im a snobby showoff with tiny p?

18 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Man ur weird af.

Its not a stats symbol, its just a car. Entry level bmws and mbs cost as much as some better kias and hondas. They arent all expensive.

And for the record I also watch my dough and look for value. So if I bought it mint from the original owner dentist with 80k miles for $10,000, still drive it with 135k miles 5 years later how dies that fit into your narrative? The car still runs n drives like new and hadnt given me a single problem except 1 starter. Thats it.

So Im a snobby showoff with tiny p?

Glad you got a great deal from the dentist. That’s not an option for everyone. Not in my area. I wouldn’t buy one anyway. Besides, you can get cars with less mileage for less money. If it was just a car you’d have one of those. 

To answer your question, probably (although there are many things to compensate for not necessarily a tiny p— I dont want to be presumpitous). 

1 hour ago, Uncle Nicco said:

They are a top 10 pass D and came into the game with 10 turnovers in the last two weeks. Facts hurt I know. 

Its shocking to me you are here touting the Houston Texans D simply because they played Zach Wilson and he sucked like he's sucked all year vs a crappy defense. Most teams are running out the clock at the end of games vs the Texans no need to throw the ball so what  you get from that are stats that don't really tell the story.

• Upvote 1