Sound familiar?

DetroitRed

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

How did I let this thread slip past me?  Gold.  Absolute gold.  

Hmmm, there's a gag in here somewhere ... Jamal Adams, getting there late, missing out on the action.

Let me work on that and get back to you. ;-) 

• Haha 1

On 11/30/2021 at 6:17 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

Id trade russell wilson and Jamal Adams to the giants for 3 number 1s.  Yes, I understand no one wants Jamal but the trade would be contingent on the Gnats taking him along w/ Wilson.

That would be a heck of a way to start the rebuild in Seattle.

I struggle to see any NFL team actually using 3 ones in a trade for any QB. 3 ones where you move up to get a 1st rounder under a rookie contract is way way different than actually parting with 3 ones and then paying a FQB salary. We have evidence just in last 2 years that FQB cannot really elevate mediocre teams except for maybe Brady and Rogers. Even Mahomes has looked shaky with less support. 

If you think about it, a decent player is like $5 million. So if you trade 3 ones and take on the contract of $35 million compared to $10 million for a 1st rounder, you are looking at essentially trading 3 first rounders and 5 decent starters or 2 above average starters for a QB.

Does not seem like a winning proposition to me.

Seattle is an example of a team that has a great HC but then let the HC have too much say in personnel and you wind up with Jamal like trades. Same happened with O'Brien.

In a way when you have an elite coach you need to almost try and diminish his authority in relation to personnel changes.

On 11/30/2021 at 10:21 AM, peebag said:

I was saying this last year and everyone yelled at me for it. We still have to pay more draft picks for him.

Adams is going to set this franchise back 10 years.

LOL - The Jets killed the Seahawks!

said this that macc has destroyed three teams now.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Seattle is an example of a team that has a great HC but then let the HC have too much say in personnel and you wind up with Jamal like trades. Same happened with O'Brien.

In a way when you have an elite coach you need to almost try and diminish his authority in relation to personnel changes.

Like the Pats do with Bellichick?

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

I think Russell is sandbagging Carroll, and I think the Adams trade was the straw that broke the camel’s back in that relationship.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think Russell is sandbagging Carroll, and I think the Adams trade was the straw that broke the camel’s back in that relationship.

Letting Jamal Adams break up your relationship is like getting caught in bed with your mother in law.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yep. Jamal went full nuke on the Jets to get out. Russ is doing the passive aggressive shuffle. “ Look, my boo boo on my finger has turned me from one of the most Statistically  dominate QBs to second fiddle to Geno Smith!” Might as well just trade me. 

Just now, The Crusher said:

Yep. Jamal went full nuke on the Jets to get out. Russ is doing the passive aggressive shuffle. “ Look, my boo boo on my finger has turned me from one of the most Statistically  dominate QBs to second fiddle to Geno Smith!” Might as well just trade me. 

For some cathartic schadenfreude go check out the Seahawks board. A goodly number of them are taking about how Wilson is toast and it's time to hand over the reins to Geno. 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Wilson should come here just to spite Adams.  Wilson can start for the next 3 years while Zach learns.  Seriously. 

• Haha 1

On 11/30/2021 at 9:17 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

Id trade russell wilson and Jamal Adams to the giants for 3 number 1s.  Yes, I understand no one wants Jamal but the trade would be contingent on the Gnats taking him along w/ Wilson.

That would be a heck of a way to start the rebuild in Seattle.

Can they even trade JA? What would the cap cost be?