The Jets are getting better

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the creator of the fire Joe Douglas thread, and a completely cynical skeptic of this regime, I think its only fair to note that the Jets are getting better. The beginning of the year couldn't have

I do think the Jets are getting better.  I also think think that if you look at what this team was designed to look like, and the roster on the field for most of the year, 3 wins at this point is almo

If nothing else, Wilson getting hurt and having the back up QBs execute the offense so well alleviated A LOT of the doubts surrounding LaFleur and also demonstrated that the rest of the offense is cap

Posted Images

The Jets are getting better, but unfortunately so are the Eagles. I don't believe their loss against the Giants was the true Philly team, but hopefully they're imploding like they did last year

3 minutes ago, Hex said:

The Jets are getting better, but unfortunately so are the Eagles. I don't believe their loss against the Giants was the true Philly team, but hopefully they're imploding like they did last year

Eagles are a little banged up. Giants had their number last week. 

Not sure what it all means just yet 

• Upvote 1

The biggest problem is how wildly inconsistent  this team is. Of course that might have something to do with who we are playing but even in games from play to play, it seems like we are trotting put two different teams. At least Zach cracked the first qrt with some points this week. 

• Upvote 2
13 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

, 3 wins at this point is almost surprising.  Especially considering 2 of those were against playoffs teams.

At the same time you could make the argument the panthers falcons and dolphins are alll teams we could of beaten. 

• Upvote 1

Certain players are getting better which is good to see.

The Philly game should be a good barometer. Our defense plays well against QBs who tend to hold onto the ball. I could see us having some success on defense. But I'm just not seeing how we score more than 14 or so points. I'm expecting a repeat of the Miami game.

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

We just played a team who don't care even about wins and losses because whatever the result it's all part of God's plan.

Let's play a real franchise before getting crazy. 

Yes, they dont care about wins so much that they are starting a veteran QB with a rookie they just drafted on the bench and beat a playoff contending team the week before. 

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

At the same time you could make the argument the panthers falcons and dolphins are alll teams we could of beaten. 

Yes, I would agree.  Those fall into the “feasible” wins categories, which we need to start getting a few of those.  I think both teams are better than the Jets, but a win vs either wouldn’t be surprising.

Jets have 6 games left.  2 of those are Bucs and Bills.  Those are not games I’d consider winnable.

The other 4 though I think would qualify though.  Eagles and Saints are both better I think, but not so much so that we shouldn’t be competitive at home.  Dolphins and Jags are both similar levels.  I would hope they could go 2-2 in those games.  1-3 or worse would disappointing, 3-1 would make me feel pretty good about the finish of the year.

1 minute ago, GreenFish said:

Certain players are getting better which is good to see.

The Philly game should be a good barometer. Our defense plays well against QBs who tend to hold onto the ball. I could see us having some success on defense. But I'm just not seeing how we score more than 14 or so points. I'm expecting a repeat of the Miami game.

As long as I’ve been a Jets fan, I’ve sweat bullets every time we play against a mobile quarterback.  Not to mention Philly is number 1 in rushing if I recall.  Hopefully they call stupid plays and make Hurts throw a lot, otherwise it could get ugly.

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The most encouraging thing is that outside of the QB position, the offense is looking much better. You can see how it's supposed to be run. Claims that there was zero talent on the offense are unfounded. We have a ways to go, but the makings of a solid offense are there -- against the Texans for instance we ran the ball effectively with three different backs plugged in, the way you expect in this offense. We need to continue to bolster the OL and add some playmakers but there's a core of talented players here and the scheme seems to work when there's competent QB play.

The defense was solid early in the year but has been atrocious over the last several weeks. We just don't have enough talent to overcome the injuries we've sustained. We need to continue to add talent, especially in the front 7. I think 3 of the first 4 picks in the draft will likely be defense.

The biggest issue is simply that Wilson looks awful which is obviously the most pressing concern for the team on a go forward basis. If he is a bust, this regime likely won't work out, even if the team is improving elsewhere.

Solid post.  There is talent on the offensive side of the ball.  OL may not be top 8, but its not bottom 8 either.  We have some decent backs and enough depth and talent at WR to support a young QB.  Agree that the young QB has not played well, but I don't think we are going to be in the position we were with Darnold.  Was it the QB or the team around him. 

I sure hope Wilson gets better over the last 6 games, but at least we have a decent supporting cast (which hopefully will improve after another offseason) and if we have to move on from him after next year, we should at least have an offense that a better QB can succeed in.

• Upvote 2