The Jets are getting better

freestater

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No one argued otherwise, as any tanking is done by front offices, not the players or coaches themselves.  I'm kind of amazed this is still something people still feel the need to point out. 

However, the front office has indeed demonstrated over the course of the season, and even dating back to the summer, that they don't care about winning this year in that they've sold off assets at every turn.  Since July they've traded away Randall Cobb, Bradley Roby, Mark Ingram, and, in a trade with us, Shaq Lawson.  They've also waived several notable players I imagine they tried to trade, including Vernon Hargreaves, Phillip Lindsay and Anthony Miller.

So we beat a team (barely) whose front office is actively tanking.  Yay.  

Dude all of these players suck lol

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, jgb said:

People who think one dude is dragging down the team are a lot more positive than those who blame every part of the organization for the struggles of that one man.

Yep.  I seem to recall in Nico's farewell him saying something to the effect of "F**k this team, I'm out."

Not "F**k Darnold for making me believe in him for 3 years."  He said "f**k this team."  A very telling distinction.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  I seem to recall in Nico's farewell him saying something to the effect of "F**k this team, I'm out."

Not "F**k Darnold for making me believe in him for 3 years."  He said "f**k this team."  A very telling distinction.  

So you’re saying that Adam Gase and last years squad was good and being dragged down by Sam Darnold? 

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I dreamed that he threw for 4800+ yards with >70% completion percentage, 33 TDs and 7 INTs last year.  

And then reality hit you smack in the face when you looked at their record and saw only 4 wins.   Two vs the Jags and 1 against the Lions.  Yeah, makes you realize that it takes more than just a QB to win games.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Uncle Nicco said:

So you’re saying that Adam Gase and last years squad was good and being dragged down by Sam Darnold? 

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And then reality hit you smack in the face when you looked at their record and saw only 4 wins.   Two vs the Jags and 1 against the Lions.  Yeah, makes you realize that it takes more than just a QB to win games.

Yes it does but good QBs still produce good football plays on crap teams.

• Upvote 1

Ugh... The Patriots are getting better.  The Jets.... Well.  They are the Jets.
As far as sustained success on the filed.  Forget about it and you'll feel a lot better.
You can still be a fan and enjoy the games.  Outstanding individual performances are there to see and there are always exciting plays here and there.  I have not had tickets since 2014, but you can also have a nice time at the stadium even if they lose every single home game.  Keep expectations at zero for on-filed performance and figure on the tailgate being the apex of the day.   Also very entertaining to ignore the game state and watch a particular player or unit for a good spell.  Watching the offensive and defensive with binoculars can be super entertaining.  

Well said Mr. Johnson

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And he went 10-5 (15 starts) and 11-5 his 2 years prior to last year.

Plus we barely won on Sunday (and we fell behind 14-3). 

13 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yes it does but good QBs still produce good football plays on crap teams.

They can but the fact still remains you need talent around you to win.  Watson. who I wanted the Jets to draft, had a great year statistically but the Texans only won 4 games.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

And he went 10-5 (15 starts) and 11-5 his 2 years prior to last year.

Plus we barely won on Sunday (and we fell behind 14-3). 

With JJ Watt, DeHop etc.  I didnt see any of those players on the Texans last week.  If you think the 10-5 & 11-5 he put up was with the same level of talent then you really should just bow out

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

They can but the fact still remains you need talent around you to win.  Watson. who I wanted the Jets to draft, had a great year statistically but the Texans only won 4 games.  

Yes but is it not clear that Watson wasn’t the problem on that team? That’s what a FQB is. Often the best player on the team, and that bar is pretty low when the team blows. Put another way—what would you rather see this year—2020 Texans record with Zach putting up Watson numbers or 8-9 with Zach putting up Baker Mayfield numbers?

Just now, Jet Nut said:

With JJ Watt, DeHop etc.  I didnt see any of those players on the Texans last week.  If you think the 10-5 & 11-5 he put up was with the same level of talent then you really should just bow out

You’re right.  He probably wouldn’t have made any difference at all on Sunday.   He’s really not even very good when you think about it.  His career is all based on the talent that was around him.  

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

They definitely are... keep grinding and go beat the Eagles - that will be a nice statement

Don’t care one bit about whether they win. I’d like to see Zach step up and show out as the best player on the Jets this game.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Don’t care one bit about whether they win. I’d like to see Zach step up and show out as the best player on the Jets this game.

If I were the Eagles DC, I would stack the box and force Zach to move the ball through the air.

So, have we gathered the wood and oil yet?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Did you? :-k

I was truly curious, so I did a search for your posts and the word "Watson". 

Surely someone who wanted Watson and has as many posts as you would have at least one post, pre-draft, saying "I sure do want to draft Watson" or something akin to that, right?

Got to say, I didn't see a single post where you say anything close to "I want to draft Watson". 

Credit where it's due, there was one single post where you say he's the best QB in college, but you stopped there, there was no nothing like a stated opinion of actually wanting the Jets to draft him in that post.

On the contrary, immediately after the Adams pick, you say Watson isn't as good as the pick (Adams).  That was your first immediate post-pick take.    

And reading your posts in the months after the pick (not listed below, but anyone can find via the same search I used), you were quite down on Watson and Mahomes, and unhappy with JN posters who lamented not taking them. 

Heck, your second post that used the word Watson after that draft was "Yeah, we havent had enough moaning and groaning about our actual picks now we need moaning and bitching that we should have reached for a Watson" on July 23, 2017. 

That hardly reads as "I wanted Watson" to my ears.

The first reference I could find to you "wanting" Watson in that draft was made on Dec. 2017.  Long after the draft and almost at the end of that first season for Watson.

It would appear that your JN post history, at least, does not seem to support an "I wanted Watson" narrative. 

But maybe you really REALLY did, and just never actually said it here at JN.  I am sure that's probably it.

This is what I found for posts dated prior to the Watson Draft on April 27, 2017:

Wow.  This level of evisceration is something we haven’t seen on JN in a while.  Well done.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Wow.  This level of evisceration is something we haven’t seen on JN in a while.  Well done.

It was a lot of work to dig up the quotes, but from what I read the quotes aren't all that eviscerating.  Jet Nut seemed to say before Watson was drafted he was the best QB in college and that he seems to be the type of QB whose skill set will transfer well to the pros. 

After Watson's first year Jet Nut dimmed slightly on Watson, saying that Watson's last year in college he was the hot player, but in his rookie year he's not that good looking.

Doesn't look like he abandoned Watson completely, just said he wasn't looking that great his first year.  Overall, I think Jet Nut's quotes largely backed up what he claimed.

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You might want to look up the definition of evisceration.  You might take notice that of the posts he found there I was claiming Watson was the best QB in the draft.  So you might want to ease that chubby down a bit.

The real enjoyment is that someone put all that time into tracking my posts from 2017, 4 years ago.  

BTW, for you and Sherlock, I was in the hospital for a good 10 or so months from late 2016 through 2017.   I wasnt posting away, was a little busy 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Warfish said:

Did you? :-k

I was truly curious, so I did a search for your posts and the word "Watson". 

Surely someone who wanted Watson and has as many posts as you would have at least one post, pre-draft, saying "I sure do want to draft Watson" or something akin to that, right?

Got to say, I didn't see a single post where you say anything close to "I want to draft Watson". 

Credit where it's due, there was one single post where you say he's the best QB in college, but you stopped there, there was no nothing like a stated opinion of actually wanting the Jets to draft him in that post.

On the contrary, immediately after the Adams pick, you say Watson isn't as good as the pick (Adams).  That was your first immediate post-pick take.    

And reading your posts in the months after the pick (not listed below, but anyone can find via the same search I used), you were quite down on Watson and Mahomes, and unhappy with JN posters who lamented not taking them. 

Heck, your second post that used the word Watson after that draft was "Yeah, we havent had enough moaning and groaning about our actual picks now we need moaning and bitching that we should have reached for a Watson" on July 23, 2017. 

That hardly reads as "I wanted Watson" to my ears.

The first reference I could find to you "wanting" Watson in that draft was made on Dec. 2017.  Long after the draft and almost at the end of that first season for Watson.

It would appear that your JN post history, at least, does not seem to support an "I wanted Watson" narrative. 

But maybe you really REALLY did, and just never actually said it here at JN.  I am sure that's probably it.

This is what I found for posts dated prior to the Watson Draft on April 27, 2017:

So whats your point, you went through some 2017s posts and didnt find enough Watson posts to convince you?  As if you of all people should care?  You dont care about the college game, minor league football according to you.  You dont follow the game or the players.  

I would bet I didnt post much given I was in the hospital trying to stay alive for 10 or so months from late 2016 through most of 2017.  

Dont tell me who I liked or didnt like when you dont have a clue of what youre talking about and are the last person that should give anyone grief about who they like or dont like, Mr No Opinion.  

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, jgb said:

That would be unlikely, as there are some very good players on this Jets team. I wouldn't be surprised if a player like Fant or AVT have an amazing game. Would be awesome if Zach was great, as it opens up players like Elijah Moore to be standouts too.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, jgb said:

Right. Who cares about the record. We have to leave the season knowing Zach is on the path to being "the guy." It's back to zero if not. If Jets have to use draft capital to go after a QB in the future . . . what a mess.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

The biggest problem is how wildly inconsistent  this team is. Of course that might have something to do with who we are playing but even in games from play to play, it seems like we are trotting put two different teams. At least Zach cracked the first qrt with some points this week. 

Your surprised that team built on mostly rookies and 2nd year players is wildly inconsistent?  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

The real enjoyment is that someone put all that time into tracking my posts from 2017, 4 years ago.  

BTW, for you and Sherlock, I was in the hospital for a good 10 or so months from late 2016 through 2017.   I wasnt posting away, was a little busy 

By "all that time", I presume you mean the ~5 min it took me to run a quick search and copy paste the few posts and then write my post?  If you enjoy that I did that, all the better, as I enjoyed doing it.

Certainly understood on the Hospital. 

Point remains, at no point could I find any reference to you "wanting Watson" prior to Dec. of 2017. towards the end of Watson's first year, and the record shows you felt Adams was better than Watson at the time of the pick, and I found several disparaging posts being critical of other JN fans who were unhappy we didn't draft Watson.

As I said, if you likely really did want him, and just never said so here, so be it.  The posts, the historical record, speak for themselves.

So whats your point,

I think my point was quite clear.

Dont tell me who I liked or didnt like when you dont have a clue of what youre talking about and are the last person that should give anyone grief about who they like or dont like, Mr No Opinion.  

At no point here am I "telling you who you liked".

I'm showing you exactly what you said here at JN at the time.  

As to "no opinions", feel free to do a search on mine in re: Watson if you like to see if I had an opinion or not. 

Or don't.  No skin off my back either way. :lol:

9 hours ago, Hex said:

That would be unlikely, as there are some very good players on this Jets team. I wouldn't be surprised if a player like Fant or AVT have an amazing game. Would be awesome if Zach was great, as it opens up players like Elijah Moore to be standouts too.

Well, being the best player on the field for one game is "flashing" to me. Not making a great throw here and there. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

So whats your point, you went through some 2017s posts and didnt find enough Watson posts to convince you?  As if you of all people should care?  You dont care about the college game, minor league football according to you.  You dont follow the game or the players.  

I would bet I didnt post much given I was in the hospital trying to stay alive for 10 or so months from late 2016 through most of 2017.  

hahhahahahahaha. you got EXPOSED....

Well done @Warfish