Jump to content

The Jets are getting better


freestater
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

By "all that time", I presume you mean the ~5 min it took me to run a quick search and copy paste the few posts and then write my post?  If you enjoy that I did that, all the better, as I enjoyed doing it.

Certainly understood on the Hospital. 

Point remains, at no point could I find any reference to you "wanting Watson" prior to Dec. of 2017. towards the end of Watson's first year, and the record shows you felt Adams was better than Watson at the time of the pick, and I found several disparaging posts being critical of other JN fans who were unhappy we didn't draft Watson.

As I said, if you likely really did want him, and just never said so here, so be it.  The posts, the historical record, speak for themselves.

I think my point was quite clear.

At no point here am I "telling you who you liked".

I'm showing you exactly what you said here at JN at the time.  

As to "no opinions", feel free to do a search on mine in re: Watson if you like to see if I had an opinion or not. 

Or don't.  No skin off my back either way. :lol:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3KzIJCHktbUfr2EiRSCu

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:


Wow.  This level of evisceration is something we haven’t seen on JN in a while.  Well done.

Come on.  I love snark as much as anyone if it's at least entertaining and funny.  That was personal and I don't buy it.  I've gotten into it with Jet nut plenty.  He'a pissed me off big time a few times.  So what.  I don't doubt his honesty and for the most part enjoy his POV even when it infuriates me.   Don't let style that you may not like impunge someones integrity.   It's a pretty good core of people on this board and he's one of them.  So is Warfish and JGB and I hope I piss them off as much as they piss me off. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Come on.  I love snark as much as anyone if it's at least entertaining and funny.  That was personal and I don't buy it.  I've gotten into it with Jet nut plenty.  He'a pissed me off big time a few times.  So what.  I don't doubt his honesty and for the most part enjoy his POV even when it infuriates me.   Don't let style that you may not like impunge someones integrity.   It's a pretty good core of people on this board and he's one of them.  So is Warfish and JGB and I hope I piss them off as much as they piss me off. 

I want you to know this upfront before I say this. I really mean it and it's not intended to be funny or to insult...

...I don't remember having any debates with you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

...and I hope I piss them off as much as they piss me off. 

Honestly, there are only a handful of posters who truly get under my skin.  SAR I for example, to whom I always seem to rise to the bait.

I think we've had a few solid exchanges over our time together here, but I wouldn't say you've pissed me off, no. 

But I like good debates, so it's all good.👍

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/1/2021 at 10:07 AM, Warfish said:

By "all that time", I presume you mean the ~5 min it took me to run a quick search and copy paste the few posts and then write my post?  If you enjoy that I did that, all the better, as I enjoyed doing it.

Certainly understood on the Hospital. 

Point remains, at no point could I find any reference to you "wanting Watson" prior to Dec. of 2017. towards the end of Watson's first year, and the record shows you felt Adams was better than Watson at the time of the pick, and I found several disparaging posts being critical of other JN fans who were unhappy we didn't draft Watson.

As I said, if you likely really did want him, and just never said so here, so be it.  The posts, the historical record, speak for themselves.

I think my point was quite clear.

At no point here am I "telling you who you liked".

I'm showing you exactly what you said here at JN at the time.  

As to "no opinions", feel free to do a search on mine in re: Watson if you like to see if I had an opinion or not. 

Or don't.  No skin off my back either way. :lol:

Obsessed?

I could care less.  Actually in the hospital the past two days, have a shiny new aortic valve in my heart.  I know who I wanted and liked.  I know I missed Mahomes.   I don’t have to defend liking Watson

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Obsessed?

I could care less.  Actually in the hospital the past two days, have a shiny new aortic valve in my heart.  I know who I wanted and liked.  I know I missed Mahomes.   I don’t have to defend liking Watson

Hope you're feeling well and back on your feet ASAP.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Obsessed?

You might want to re-read the post you quoted, at no point did I use any word like "obsessed".

Quote

I could care less.

I can tell by your ongoing replies.

Quote

 Actually in the hospital the past two days, have a shiny new aortic valve in my heart.

I'm very glad. 

As much as we bicker, on a personal human level, I want nothing but good health for you (as I've said repeatedly over the years, like when you had COVID). 

I expect us to be bickering many years from now.  We lost Sav already, mate, we don't want to lose you.

Quote

 I know who I wanted and liked.  I know I missed Mahomes.   I don’t have to defend liking Watson

We both missed Mahomes, to be fair.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It’s amazing, placed the valve in yesterday and woke up feeling better.  
 

Thanks for the well wishes, it’s appreciated 

It's good to get blood and oxygen flowing through your body.    Really glad to hear that it's working.   Get up and walk as much as you can.  Nothing worse for you than sitting on your ass during recovery.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

It's good to get blood and oxygen flowing through your body.    Really glad to hear that it's working.   Get up and walk as much as you can.  Nothing worse for you than sitting on your ass during recovery.  

Yeah, it really has made a difference.   Nothing worse than not getting the proper amount of blood flow and oxygen circulating through your body.  Effects every aspect of every minute of the day
You’re right about sitting on your ass,  you recover much slower of you sit around.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/30/2021 at 11:29 AM, freestater said:

As the creator of the fire Joe Douglas thread, and a completely cynical skeptic of this regime, I think its only fair to note that the Jets are getting better. The beginning of the year couldn't have started out worse. The new staff looked like a step backwards, even from Gase. While the defense has struggled as of late, the offense has gotten their feet underneath them. LDT, in limited action so far has already been marginally better than GVR especially in the run game. If he can recapture that 2019 version of himself, we may have a good long term answer at RG. 

It certainly became a blessing to have Zach sit a few games. The offense showed that it could competently execute given a signal caller making good decisions. I even think Zach was playing better as the game went on Sunday. I'm looking forward to seeing if he can build on that the next few weeks. 

giphy-26.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/30/2021 at 11:44 AM, HawkeyeJet said:

I do think the Jets are getting better.  I also think think that if you look at what this team was designed to look like, and the roster on the field for most of the year, 3 wins at this point is almost surprising.  Especially considering 2 of those were against playoffs teams.

People will disregard the Texans because this or that.  But bad teams gotta start somewhere.  And the best place to start is beating other bad teams.  Then start beating a few teams here and there that might be a little better than you.  Then start beating fringe playoff teams so on and so forth.

I will get huge eye rolls for this, but it’s ok.  It’s just my opinion and nothing more, I may be entirely off base.  Wins do mean something.  Especially for a young core.  Winning is habitual.  You have to develop the habits to make the small key plays that decide games.  Talent is important too, obviously, but I don’t believe any win is meaningless for young players.

Great post and observation, everything here is 100% accurate!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...