Adams trade getting worse for Seattle

xJayce

9 hours ago, undertow said:

People called me crazy for saying the Hawks were a very top heavy team and a few injuries the pick could be top ten....I think people thought Seattle was a better team then they are because they have a few flashy players.

The Wilson injury probably propelled them into the top 10. They were 2-2 until Wilson went down and he clearly hasn't recovered and isn't the same guy. So many teams are an injury to their FQB away from disaster but nice job calling it.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Green hat said:

I really hope JD parlays the Adam's pick into another premium pick in 2023. It's just too sweet having this pick to look forward to and I don't want it to end. 

He can probably trade down with our 2nd 1st rounder, and not even too far, and get a 2023 #1 pick as part of the deal.

It's nice having multiple 1st round picks - I want us to keep doing it.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

You dont want to make a habbit out trading your top players. ... unless you like the brand of football currently on display.

In this case it was a huge win .... but that should not be tha case for much longer.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

You dont want to make a habbit out trading your top players. ... unless you like the brand of football currently on display.

In this case it was a huge win .... but that not be tha case for much longer.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Yeah, you can't trade away talent to prosperity unless you hit on, develop, and retain new talent with those picks.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, xJayce said:

Just realized that if the Seahawks hand't traded for Adams, assuming they would have had the same record, they could have drafted Hamilton AND and not given up 2 firsts to do so.

Sort of like MAC drafting Adams, not a QB and then needing 3 seconds to draft Darnold.    Adams is the kiss of death.  

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Dare I say the Jets are experiencing something with both the Adams and Darnold trades that is uncharted territory: good luck.

Let's hope JD capitalizes and picks wisely. This draft is shaping up to be a defining moment for the franchise.

It's about time this franchise experience some good luck. A decent free agency and draft could put this team in a real nice position. Like @Green hat said, I hope JD can parlay his trade magic again with either our 1st or the Seattle 1st we own in 2022. I'd love to pick twice in the 1st rd again in 2023. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, jgb said:

The Wilson injury probably propelled them into the top 10. They were 2-2 until Wilson went down and he clearly hasn't recovered and isn't the same guy. So many teams are an injury to their FQB away from disaster but nice job calling it.

So it wasn't a good year for teams with QBs named Wilson.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Green hat said:

I really hope JD parlays the Adam's pick into another premium pick in 2023. It's just too sweet having this pick to look forward to and I don't want it to end. 

Top ten pick. If anything, it should parlay into first rounders in 2023 AND 2024. Then flip the 2024 pick into another future pick. The gift that keeps on giving…Thank you Prez!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

It's about time this franchise experience some good luck. A decent free agency and draft could put this team in a real nice position. Like @Green hat said, I hope JD can parlay his trade magic again with either our 1st or the Seattle 1st we own in 2022. I'd love to pick twice in the 1st rd again in 2023. 

The thing is, this extra pick makes it easier to parlay it into extra pick(s) in the future. When they’ve got only 1 pick, it’s a harder to sell to the fans that they’ll be passing on any/all top 10 talent in favor of a future pick - unknown in name or draft slot - who won’t see the field for the Jets until 18 mos from now anyway. 

But with 2 picks this high, he can snag one big draft name to avoid crucifixion, and still secure the ability to do this dance again next year. The team he’ll be trading with up there is that much more likely to be a team with a crappy record in ‘22, meaning it could happen yet again after that. 

He plays his cards right then in time, with a little luck, we could literally be talking about parlaying Adams into upwards of 4 first round picks (over time), who won’t really cost that much anyway because of the $18MM/yr they won’t be paying Adams to boot.

Aside from the obvious - that Douglas has to hit on these picks when he finally makes them - it’s a sound strategy.

• Upvote 3