The Jets are 0-11 vs the Eagles

y2k8

Jets @ Eagles  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What are you rooting for?

• A Jets win. Enough is enough!
    • A Jets loss. The tankathon is more important!

9 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

I realize that some here are in tankathon mode already, but if we win just one more game this season, can it at least be this week?

I'm sick and tired of hearing about the Eagles being undefeated against the Jets from my Philly friends. It's been literally decades. Enough is enough.

https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/new-york-jets/teamvsteam?opp=24

Instead you'll hear "The only time you beat us it knocked you out of one of the elite prospects in the draft. Dumbass Jets even lose when they win!"

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

That's pretty wild when you think about it.  For both teams to be in the league for as long as they have, only have meet 11 times and the Jets have never won.  I wonder if there is a similar dominance of one club over another in the league?  Like, can any other franchise say they've never beaten a team they've played 10+ times? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Lith said:

The one Eagle game that always sticks out in my mind.  Johnny Mitchell's career game with 3 TD catches.  Rich Kotite, Bubby Brister and the Eagles came back from 21 down to win on Eric Allen's pick 6 in the 4th quarter.

I was at that game. Pretty much swore off going to games after that. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, DjHoldyHold said:

My personal favorite has to be the humiliating 2011 beatdown. Thanks Jets.

I had no intention or desire to go to that game, but my Philly friend talked me into going. I made a day trip just to eat at Tony Luke's and be publicly humiliated.

The only saving grace was that an Eagles fan got into my Philly friend's face and yelled "Jets Suck!" because he was wearing a throwback white Harold Carmichael jersey. Idiot Eagle fan thought it was a Braylon Edwards jersey. At least I have that memory.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Lith said:

The one Eagle game that always sticks out in my mind.  Johnny Mitchell's career game with 3 TD catches.  Rich Kotite, Bubby Brister and the Eagles came back from 21 down to win on Eric Allen's pick 6 in the 4th quarter.

I was in college - surrounded by Philly fans.

I literally threw up after Eric Allen's pick 6.

2 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Ahhh...1993...another one of the seemingly countless years where it looked like the Jets were going to be an actual contender, only to lose four out of the last five games. 

Yet, those days are still better than waking up on Monday morning after week 1 knowing your season is already over. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nope!  I just looked up the H2H records of all 32 franchises against the other teams on football-reference.com.  There are no other instances of a team facing someone 10+ times and failing to beat them.  It's a uniquely special relationship, lol.

The next in line for teams being dominated by an opponent all-time are as follows:

• Washington:  1-10 (.091) against the Chiefs
  • Falcons:  2-15 (.118) against the Colts
  • Cardinals:  1-9-1 (.136) against the Broncos
  • Rams:  2-12 (.143) against the Dolphins
  • Chargers:  2-10 (.167) against the Packers
  • Buccaneers:  2-10 (.167) against the Jets (yay!) and Titans

And for those curious, the teams who dominate the Jets the most besides the Eagles are as follows:

• Ravens (2-9, .182)
  • 49ers (3-11, .214)
  • Steelers (6-18, .250)
  • Bears (3-9, .250)

The teams the Jets have done the best against all-time are:

• Buccaneers (10-2, .833)
  • Vikings (8-3, .727)
  • Texans (6-3, .667)
  • Bengals (16-10, .615)
  • Packers (8-5, .615)

The Jets stand alone! LOL

Wow, a winning record against the Packers. Not surprised by the dominance over the Bucs. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nope!  I just looked up the H2H records of all 32 franchises against the other teams on football-reference.com.  There are no other instances of a team facing someone 10+ times and failing to beat them.  It's a uniquely special relationship, lol.

The next in line for teams being dominated by an opponent all-time are as follows:

And for those curious, the teams who dominate the Jets the most besides the Eagles are as follows:

• Ravens (2-9, .182)
  • 49ers (3-11, .214)
  • Steelers (6-18, .250)
  • Bears (3-9, .250)

1. Buccaneers (10-2, .833)
  2. Vikings (8-3, .727)
  3. Texans (6-3, .667)
  4. Bengals (16-10, .615)
  5. Packers (8-5, .615)

J!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

That's pretty wild when you think about it.  For both teams to be in the league for as long as they have, only have meet 11 times and the Jets have never won.  I wonder if there is a similar dominance of one club over another in the league?  Like, can any other franchise say they've never beaten a team they've played 10+ times? 

There isnt. 

3 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

And 1986, 1992, 1994, 1997, 2000 ...

86 was a little different cuz of the injuries, but yes. And at least that team rebounded to make the playoffs and win a playoff game before the infamous double OT loss in Cleveland. 

1992? The Jets were 4-12 in 92? 

94 to a degree, but that team only peaked at 6-5 before the fake spike game. 

97 definitely. 8-4 and losing 3 out of the last 4 to miss the playoffs, with a classic SOJ loss in Detroit to cap things off. 

2000 definitely. 6-1 and later 9-4, only to lose the last three games, including a classic SOJ loss at home to the Lions (underrated bad loss in NYJ history) and the Christmas Eve meltdown in Baltimore. 

The most painful ones for me personally were 1997 (which gets erased somewhat by the success in 98), 2000, and 2008. 

32 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

• Ravens (2-9, .182)
  • 49ers (3-11, .214)
  • Steelers (6-18, .250)
  • Bears (3-9, .250)

2. Vikings (8-3, .727)
  3. Texans (6-3, .667)
  4. Bengals (16-10, .615)
  5. Packers (8-5, .615)

Nice research.

All my haters and detractors be hereby warned -- cross me and I will call in a JF80 airstrike.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

• Ravens (2-9, .182)
  • 49ers (3-11, .214)
  • Steelers (6-18, .250)
  • Bears (3-9, .250)

2. Vikings (8-3, .727)
  3. Texans (6-3, .667)
  4. Bengals (16-10, .615)
  5. Packers (8-5, .615)

To add on to this, the only examples I can find of of any teams at all being winless against other teams include:

Texans 0-5 against Vikings

Texans 0-5 against Eagles

Jets 0-11 against Eagles

That's all

The depressing part is that the Texans haven't even been around for 20 years yet, so they have a minor exemption card.

The fact the the Eagles are 16-0 against 2 teams is impressive

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

41 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So, even if we win, at 1-11, we will still have the NFL's worst head to head record against another team.

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

So, even if we win, at 1-11, we will still have the NFL's worst head to head record against another team.

That's better than being the only team winless with more than 10 games

I would take 1-11 every day over 0-12

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1