You have to win one game. Which combo do you pick?

jgb

Best of the worst  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which combo gives you the best chance? Assume all else is equal.

• Rex/Sanchez
    • Rex/Darnold
    • Rex/Wilson
    • Bowles/Sanchez
    • Bowles/Darnold
    • Bowles/Wilson
    • Saleh/Sanchez
    • Saleh/Darnold
    • Saleh/Wilson

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

Yeah, 80 is my boo, too.  I hope he's right about Saleh.  

As an aside, WTF is up with Cynthia?  At times she looks positively hot.  But sometimes, especially when she dons the Coke bottle specs, she appears as an entity from a far off galaxy.

Gwen--the 2-faced girl | Seinfeld, King of queens, Girlfriends

• Haha 1

Just now, munchmemory said:

Is that her?  

Here's a shot to illustrate my point.   There are "aspects" of this photo I like very much.  But in the glasses, she looks a tad bizarre.

0,,~18406332,00.jpeg

"Two Face" from Seinfeld. I'm dating myself.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Is that her?  

Here's a shot to illustrate my point.   There are "aspects" of this photo I like very much.  But in the glasses, she looks a tad bizarre.

0,,~18406332,00.jpeg

I wouldn't kick her out of bed for applying advanced metrics to my trusting acceleration.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Why don’t you look it up before quoting me with misinformation? Darnold threw 39 INTs his first three years, Sanchez threw 51

I was only referencing Darnold's rookie year.

16 minutes ago, jgb said:

And didn't Manning have the rook INT record?

Yes he did and I thought that Darnold broke that record. Looks like he was on track to but didn't so I was wrong.

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Rex/Sanchez and it’s not even close. 

What a smooth brain using results to inform your opinion. You need to look beyond reality, Crusher. Like with Einstein's Cross, perhaps something is in the way altering our perception and in fact the terrible performances portend future greatness.

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

What a smooth brain using results to inform your opinion. You need to look beyond reality, Crusher. Like with Einstein's Cross, perhaps something is in the way altering our perception and in fact the terrible performances portend future greatness.

Bacon brains run on Ketones. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I was only referencing Darnold's rookie year.

Yes he did and I thought that Darnold broke that record. Looks like he was on track to but didn't so I was wrong.

Don’t forget that Darnold missed games his rookie year.  If he hadn’t perhaps he’d have had more INTs than Sanchez.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

If only we saw one of these combos win 4 playoffs games together vs. HOF QB's. 

The “all else being equal” is important here.  A lot of QBs and HCs could win you one game with Revis circa 2009-10, the game’s best OL, and a bunch of other quality veteran players.  

But having said that, I went Rex/Darnold.  Those 2 represented the highest ceiling in terms of individual performance/contributions IMO so that’s what I’d bank on. 

• Upvote 3

that's a tough question.  none of the choices are locks and however good sanchez looked depended on the team around him.  that goes for all of them.  assuming they all had the same players/coaches/etc., i think i'd still go with saleh/wilson even though rex had some success with sanchez.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Don’t forget that Darnold missed games his rookie year.  If he hadn’t perhaps he’d have had more INTs than Sanchez.

No, we just assume he would've played well in those. Don't you know how this works by now?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

You can see from a mile away that Saleh is a dead man walking.  

I don't know, he's a rookie head coach who has more wins in his first 11 games than his predecessor had all of last season. I'm not sure why some of ya'll are so sure this guy can't at least turn into a decent coach. 

I went with Rex/Wilson. 

Reasoning for Rex - probably the best motivator of the bunch. We are talking about one game here, so I want my guys juiced up and ready to kill someone. 

Reasoning for Wilson - best overall talent (arm, mobility, quick release) of the three. All three were/are interception machines as rookies. All three were/are capable of having a good game. You could really choose any of the three, although I think Sanchez is the least talented of the bunch. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I don't know, he's a rookie head coach who has more wins in his first 11 games than his predecessor had all of last season. I'm not sure why some of ya'll are so sure this guy can't at least turn into a decent coach. 

Flash poll: Who has a better chance of being "good": Wilson or Saleh?

• Upvote 1

Just now, jgb said:

Flash poll: Who has a better chance of being "good": Wilson or Saleh?

Saleh. Partly because I think it's easier to be a decent coach than a decent QB in the NFL and partly because the Jets have had one 4,000 yard passer in their illustrious history (Namath) and ZERO 4,000 yard passers over the course of the entire 16 game era (which, is just unreal). 

• Upvote 2

Just now, slimjasi said:

Saleh. Partly because I think it's easier to be a decent coach than a decent QB in the NFL and partly because the Jets have had one 4,000 yard passer in their illustrious history (Namath) and ZERO 4,000 yard passers over the course of the entire 16 game era (which, is just unreal). 

I think you're probably right

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The “all else being equal” is important here.  A lot of QBs and HCs could win you one game with Revis circa 2009-10, the game’s best OL, and a bunch of other quality veteran players.  

But having said that, I went Rex/Darnold.  Those 2 represented the highest ceiling in terms of individual performance/contributions IMO so that’s what I’d bank on. 

Rex/Darnold would be my second choice. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Postscript: We had the first 4,000 yards passer in NFL/AFL history and never one since. Also, we were one of only two teams (the other being the Bears) to never have one during the 16-game era.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Postscript: We had the first 4,000 yards passer in NFL/AFL history and never one since. Also, we were one of only two teams (the other being the Bears) to never have one during the 16-game era.

It's almost impossible to that bad at QB for that long. Just amazing. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, sciond said:

I would take Rex with any of them over the others

1 minute ago, Fantasy Island said:

Went Rex Wilson for the defense and hand offs

Rex is kinda like that first girl you got to third base with and it gave you the confidence to believe you could do better only to realize 7 years later that you two were probably meant for each other.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

Rex is kinda like that first girl you got to third base with and it gave you the confidence to believe you could do better only to realize 7 years later that you two were probably meant for each other.

I support this analogy 100%

• Haha 1