What is your prediction and why?

AL047

These are the area of needs (not in specific order):

RT, C, TE, Edge, ILB, CB, and Safety

The Jets have two first round picks in the top 5 right now!!! 

1) I think they continue to solidify the oline mainly the RT position. Its and area of need now and protects Wilson when he drops back to throw. 

2) I believe they would go defense with this pick, they have been needing a edge rusher for some years. This has been a need and it is obvious and it takes a lot of pressure off the dline when it comes to pressuring the QB.

On 12/1/2021 at 8:20 PM, AL047 said:

These are the area of needs (not in specific order):

RT, C, TE, Edge, ILB, CB, and Safety

The Jets have two first round picks in the top 5 right now!!! 

1) I think they continue to solidify the oline mainly the RT position. Its and area of need now and protects Wilson when he drops back to throw. 

2) I believe they would go defense with this pick, they have been needing a edge rusher for some years. This has been a need and it is obvious and it takes a lot of pressure off the dline when it comes to pressuring the QB.

If the objective is to create a core, then you draft premium positions or positions that are hard to find good value in free agency. In other words, you can typically find good WR, TE, CB players in free agency. Typically, good OL EDGE, LB, are better to get through draft. In addition, for 2022 there are no good S available in free agency. This my suggestion is to sign Godwin and Gesicki, (I know a long ways to go) and then draft EDGE, S, LB, and OL.