OL playing much better, but Wilson isn't

AFJF

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

sjws?

Gastineau Lives is a huge bigoted racist and he's claiming that "social justice warriors" are the loudest Zach critics.  Which is ******* bonkers.  Not sure why or how there is a correlation. I think he's probably just using this as another avenue to let everyone know he thinks he's cool because he's a racist. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, AFJF said:

This is a prime example of poor pocket awareness. Yes, Fant totally wiffed on his guy but the rusher went straight into the scrum that formed in front of Wilson and Wilson drifted to the left side which allowed the the rusher to to bounce out and sack him. If you have a free rusher coming, why would you move to the side he is coming from? Had Wilson gone to the right, the pass rusher probably  never gets there. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Gastineau Lives is a huge bigoted racist and he's claiming that "social justice warriors" are the loudest Zach critics.  Which is ******* bonkers.  Not sure why or how there is a correlation. I think he's probably just using this as another avenue to let everyone know he thinks he's cool because he's a racist. 

wait, are you being serious?

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

This is a prime example of poor pocket awareness. Yes, Fant totally wiffed on his guy but the rusher went straight into the scrum that formed in front of Wilson and Wilson drifted to the left side which allowed the the rusher to to bounce out and sack him. If you have a free rusher coming, why would you move to the side he is coming from? Had Wilson gone to the right, the pass rusher probably  never gets there. 

My lord, wtf kind of footwork was that from Fant?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

100%

OK, well that's ... weird

Anyway - I have been critical of Zack because he deserves criticism. Doesn't mean I am giving up on him or want to move on. It's just pointing out the obvious, which is that he hasn't played well so far. I hope the game slows down for him and he starts playing like Aaron Rodgers minus the covid toe.

✊?

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Doubt Skepticism GIF by NRK P3

35 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It's just pointing out the obvious, which is that he hasn't played well so far. I hope the game slows down for him and he starts playing like Aaron Rodgers minus the covid toe.

✊?

I think that’s the key.  

It was also his biggest strength in college so there is a very good reason to expect it to happen. 

17 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Im sorry what on earth are you saying? He has a freaking running back there to block, who completely wiffs. The LT wiffs as well. Literally nothing Wilson could have done on that play other than maybe throw it while Moore was on the ground

13 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Looking at that play, he should have given it to the End Around when he saw Fant whiff, Or Ty should have actually blocked the End when he ran into him instead of just... not doing anything. Either of those would have been better.  And yes, you do go where they came from, because now no one is there.

25 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Oh, man. I love ya but calling someone out as a racist is almost the worst thing you can splatter on someone in this day and age. That's pretty low.

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Dirty little secret: the biggest sjws on the site are also the most vocal "critics" of Zach Wilson. This is a fact.

And you... calling others sjw's when you're the one bemoaning how offensive others' opinions are is rich indeed.

4 minutes ago, Origen said:

Looking at that play, he should have given it to the End Around when he saw Fant whiff, Or Ty should have actually blocked the End when he ran into him instead of just... not doing anything. Either of those would have been better.  And yes, you do go where they came from, because now no one is there.

Looking at the play, our offense got abused on several levels and 9/10 times that is a sack no matter who the QB is. 

6 minutes ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Holy sh*t Fant and Johnson absolutely embarrassing on that play. Yea let’s blame Wilson for not tossing it instantly to a receiver that was on the ground

You are right. If Fant does a competent job, Zach isn't required to try to avoid pressure. But he still does a poor job of it.

Just now, jgb said:

You are right. If Fant does a competent job, Zach isn't required to try to avoid pressure. But he still does a poor job of it.

He also has a RB who he expects will chip the DL. Every QB in the NFL gets sacked, and even the goats get sacked often for much less. Expecting Wilson to consistently get out of this type of cluster**** is not rational. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

Oh, man. I love ya but calling someone out as a racist is almost the worst thing you can splatter on someone in this day and age. That's pretty low.

And you... calling others sjw's when you're the one bemoaning how offensive others' opinions are is rich indeed.

Bob Marley once told me, when the cap fits, let them wear it.

6 minutes ago, Uncle Nicco said:

He also has a RB who he expects will chip the DL. Every QB in the NFL gets sacked, and even the goats get sacked often for much less. Expecting Wilson to consistently get out of this type of cluster**** is not rational. 

I'm commenting on this one play. Thanks for sharing the video.

17 minutes ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Looking at the play, our offense got abused on several levels and 9/10 times that is a sack no matter who the QB is. 

That's the thing I'm interested to know.  What was the call that made Fant's first step be that huge reach out, only for the DE to take an tight inside line.  It totally fooled Fant and blew up the play.  Was it Fant getting suckered by the DE going outside a few times and he got lazy and just assumed it would happen again?  Or was the line call wrong and he was supposed to jump out and AVT should follow out and hit that guy coming in tight?  If so, who screwed up?  Why was Ty so ineffective on the block?  Was he supposed to take the hole between Fant and AVT?  Who made that call?  Who picked the Mike- GVR or Zach? How does the scheme determine from the Mike?  Is that why we tend to leave someone uncovered who is the QB's responsibility?

ALLLLLLLLLLlllllll the talk we do here without knowing the things above are why we are all dummies and know nothing and should stop being so definitive in our statements about things we are completely clueless in regards to.

3 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Bob Marley once told me, when the cap fits, let them wear it.

He also said:

“Who are you to judge the life I live?
I know I'm not perfect
-and I don't live to be-
but before you start pointing fingers...
make sure you hands are clean!”

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

He also said:

“Who are you to judge the life I live?
I know I'm not perfect
-and I don't live to be-
but before you start pointing fingers...
make sure you hands are clean!”

Be Iron

Like a Lion

In Zion

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Im sorry what on earth are you saying? He has a freaking running back there to block, who completely wiffs. The LT wiffs as well. Literally nothing Wilson could have done on that play other than maybe throw it while Moore was on the ground

The point is, I don't  even think Wilson saw the guy coming from the left. Why would he move to left if there is an unblocked pass rusher coming from that side

Just now, More Cowbell said:

The point is, I don't  even think Wilson saw the guy coming from the left. Why would he move to left if there is an unblocked pass rusher coming from that side

It's too late. Nico has applied his purity test and has found you lacking.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Origen said:

No, you throw where they came from, you don't move to the same side the rush is coming from unless you are a RB and you can make the guy miss. Wilson was clearly not trying to make anyone miss, he was holding the ball looking downfield.  

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

No, you throw where they came from, you don't move to the same side the rush is coming from unless you are a RB and you can make the guy miss. Wilson was clearly not trying to make anyone miss, he was holding the ball looking downfield.  

Probably didn't see him. His field and situational awareness need work as we all know.

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Agreed on the pass statement.  Generally at that point for a QB it's just running to green/away from whatever color flashes of the opponent you see in front of you.  Not much a anyone could do on that mess of a play.